I am going to say it now

And while I DO clearly see your point, here are my hopes/thoughts/dreams....

1) We fortify both lines and the kids see actual playing time. There would be NO reason to make a good RG (Setterstrom?  <_< ) sit behind CV for a full year. Ditto to Joseph or the Deuce at LG.

2) Our record will probably not be so good in 06, thus giving us a early picks, AND cap space (cuts of Moulds, MW, etc.).

3) Couple 1 & 2 with some timely UFAs, and we have a serious contender in 07.

I will not stop dreaming my friend.  ;)

666011[/snapback]

The more I read up on Setterstrom, the more I like him.

And while I DO clearly see your point, here are my hopes/thoughts/dreams....

1) We fortify both lines and the kids see actual playing time. There would be NO reason to make a good RG (Setterstrom?  <_< ) sit behind CV for a full year. Ditto to Joseph or the Deuce at LG.

2) Our record will probably not be so good in 06, thus giving us a early picks, AND cap space (cuts of Moulds, MW, etc.).

3) Couple 1 & 2 with some timely UFAs, and we have a serious contender in 07.

I will not stop dreaming my friend.  ;)

666011[/snapback]

Setterstrom's stock has really dropped since the Senior Bowl, meaning we could land him later on and use one of the earlier picks on a stud guard to put opposite him, maybe Lutui, Spencer, or Joseph.

A bad record would give us another high draft pick to worry about. Maybe we'd get lucky and get Calvin Johnson, the awesome WR from Georgia Tech. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's still THIS year to deal w/, and the Bills could surprise us all.

The more I read up on Setterstrom, the more I like him.

666013[/snapback]

Me too! In the bowl game than Minn. played in, he was simply awesome.

He didn't run well in the 40 at the combines, and try to imagine how little I care. Who knows what happened?

He is my official surprise pick of 06. In my ever so amateurish opinion, the NFL Football Team that drafts him is going to get a very nice OG.

Me too! In the bowl game than Minn. played in, he was simply awesome.

He didn't run well in the 40 at the combines, and try to imagine how little I care. Who knows what happened?

He is my official surprise pick of 06. In my ever so amateurish opinion, the NFL Football Team that drafts him is going to get a very nice OG.

666029[/snapback]

Maybe so. It would be nice if that team were the Bills. Setterstrom w/ a 4th, after landing Lutui or Spencer w/ a 3rd (I think Joseph is gone in the 2nd) after getting McCargo w/ a 2nd after getting Michael Huff in the first? I'd call that a very successful start to our draft.

Maybe so.  It would be nice if that team were the Bills.  Setterstrom w/ a 4th, after landing Lutui or Spencer w/ a 3rd (I think Joseph is gone in the 2nd) after getting McCargo w/ a 2nd after getting Michael Huff in the first?  I'd call that a very successful start to our draft.

666038[/snapback]

You're getting positively giddy! I like it when that happens.

All I can say is your mouth to God's ears (or maybe Marv's ears). There is talent to be had that can go a long way to fixing both lines, I just hope and pray that we don't screw it up somehow.

Bill and Rich, what worries me is that a lot of teams seem to be high on these rock solid guards. I've been getting this sinking feeling recently that all 3 (spencer, lutui and joseph) may not be around for our 2nd round pick, let alone our 3rd. I read an article on the bears website a few days ago (pure specualtion obviously) that thye may be interested in joseph with their 1st round choice.

Bill and Rich, what worries me is that a lot of teams seem to be high on these rock solid guards. I've been getting this sinking feeling recently that all 3 (spencer, lutui and joseph) may not be around for our 2nd round pick, let alone our 3rd. I read an article on the bears website a few days ago (pure specualtion obviously) that thye may be interested in joseph with their 1st round choice.

666170[/snapback]

Not overly ridiculous, but for them to pass up a quality TE like Leonard Pope for Joseph would be a bad move. They need the TE more.

666170[/snapback]

Anything is possible on draft day, i mean hell we drafted Erik Flowers in the first round. I think one of those guys could end up going earlier than expected and i think if anything it would be Jean-Giles. Still it is possible that they are all taken before the Bills pick, but then hopefully a decent player falls to us or something.