bills moving to canada?

It must be nice to enjoy complete security at another countrys expense.  Canada is like the scrawny, annoying, whiney kid who had a big tough friend that would protect him.

664578[/snapback]

Who says that Canada is being protected by the US? Maybe no one is trying to go after us cause we just don't do things to make the rest of the world hate us and try to destroy us?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lurked here for a few months, but this thread made me want to post:

1) The Bills will never relocated to Toronto. As pointed out by others here Toronto has difficulty supporting the Argos and the Blue Jays with the Raptors not far behind. The only team that does well is the Leafs.

2) I attend one Bills game a year and I think for the most part the atmosphere in Orchard Park is fantastic. I can't see that being replicated in Toronto.

3) I find the attacks on Canada as a country childish and inappropriate. If you look at the track record we have supported our friends to the south and vice versa for a long time. Canada has a population 1 tenth the size of the US...despite our geographic size we are a small country with limited resources.

Lets talk football instead of taking pot shots at each other.

KH

and Vancouver just disappeared off the map? 

and how about Calgary?

664232[/snapback]

I know in canada putting in a hockey arena qualifies a cluster of farms and lumberjack camps as a "city", but here in the states, we usually look for a large population before you are a city.

I know in canada putting in a hockey arena qualifies a cluster of farms and lumberjack camps as a "city", but here in the states, we usually look for a large population before you are a city.

664598[/snapback]

:w00t:<_<

You say that like it's a bad thing.

But for a correction - the hockey arena goes first, then the farms and the lumberjacks <_<

Who says that Canada is being protected by the US? Maybe no one is trying to go after us cause we just don't do things to make the rest of the world hate us and try to destroy us?

664590[/snapback]

It's easy to avoid offending anyone when you have someone else protecting you. You don't have to stand up to the lunatics running N Korea and Iran because you know the US will.

It's easy to avoid offending anyone when you have someone else protecting you.  You don't have to stand up to the lunatics running N Korea and Iran because you know the US will.

664639[/snapback]

You also don't have those lunatics gunning for you first when you mind your own buisness and don't start flaunting your muscles when you think someone might be a threat to you. Its amazing how much respect you get from places when you aren't flaunting your superiority over them and try to force your beliefs on them

664598[/snapback]

By the way (just for a little education) the only NFL cities bigger than Vancouver (our 3rd largest city) are: New York, Chicago, and Houston.

I did like the line about hockey arenas though.

The population link I googled

You also don't have those lunatics gunning for you first when you mind your own buisness and don't start flaunting your muscles when you think someone might be a threat to you. Its amazing how much respect you get from places when you aren't flaunting your superiority over them and try to force your beliefs on them

664662[/snapback]

Is that why I don't respect Canada...Because they are always trying to force their pacifist beliefs on me? Aren't you flaunting your superiority over the US in your post? Keep telling yourself that the radical muslims respect you. People don't respect you, you are just insignificant to them.

Is that why I don't respect Canada...Because they are always trying to force their pacifist beliefs on me?  Aren't you flaunting your superiority over the US in your post?  Keep telling yourself that the radical muslims respect you.  People don't respect you, you are just insignificant to them.

664692[/snapback]

Really, is that why we don't have radical muslims trying to destroy us?

They don't respect us and we are insignificant to them? If that means i can fly in a plane and feel safe in Canada and don't have to worry everyday that some lunatic is going to plot to kill me, I like being insignificant.

Why don't you continue looking for other country's to "Bring Democracy" to

They don't respect us and we are insignificant to them? If that means i can fly in a plane and feel safe in Canada and don't have to worry everyday that some lunatic is going to plot to kill me, I like being insignificant.

664730[/snapback]

apuszczalowski - I'm not sure where you're going with this, but it's reflecting poorly on some of the Canadians on this board who enjoy watching American football and discussing it with our American friends on an American board.

I have lurked here for a few months, but this thread made me want to post:

1) The Bills will never relocated to Toronto. As pointed out by others here Toronto has difficulty supporting the Argos and the Blue Jays with the Raptors not far behind. The only team that does well is the Leafs.

2) I attend one Bills game a year and I think for the most part the atmosphere in Orchard Park is fantastic. I can't see that being replicated in Toronto.

3) I find the attacks on Canada as a country childish and inappropriate. If you look at the track record we have supported our friends to the south and vice versa for a long time. Canada has a population 1 tenth the size of the US...despite our Aeographic size we are a small country with limited resources.

Lets talk football instead of taking pot shots at each other.

KH

664595[/snapback]

A/quote]

Canada puts forth many barriers against free trade. You threaten our pharmeceutical industries with being prohibited from selling their OTC products if they don't make their script items cost far less than to the American population. Who pay the development costs. Canadians pour over the border to work in America, but for an American to gain employment in Canada is a near impossibility - I believe the official line is "only if you can do a job that a Canadian can't do".

If you are an American automobile manufacturer, you soon learn you can't sell products in Canada unless you establish manufacturing facilities there. God help you if you try to import a vehicle to Canada that contains some of that Canadian content.

Several years ago, ther was a flap about magazines published in America. The official line was undue influence upon Canadian culture...

I remember as a lad, being turned away from trips to Sherkston Beach and the like, because I couldn't produce a twenty-dollar bill. Official line: We worry about vagrancy. Fact: What? No money to spend in Ontario?

When the drinking age was 21 in Ontario and 18 in NYS, I recall the moral admonitions. But for $$$, Ontario changed that, didn't they?

I remember a cigarette machine in Ft. Erie in a small tourist attraction building with a sticker on it - No Canadian Coins Accepted". Yankee dollars only

I remember the sign in Niagara Falls, ONT, that said "This way to Bridge to USA" - which conveniently dumped you back into the tourist district,

Canada is in the gravy boat - same as Sweden, Switzerland, and Ireland. - we feel we are engineers of world peace, and it's up to you other nations to spend money to protect us.

And you have a joke of a Constitution. Your life is dictated to you by your Government, that removed your balls a hundred years ago.

Canada is an exceedlingly self-centered, selfish nation.

664730[/snapback]

LOL, what candyasses. Here's a newsflash.....if they take over America.....you may as well consider yourself gone. We are what is standing in the way of what they want to accomplish by changing everything in the world to radical Islam.

It would be so nice if someone else would just stand up for themselves one fuggin time. But hey, it's easier to turn the other cheek.

It's OK up there, we'll do it.....again.

Pansies.

/quote]

Canada puts forth many barriers against free trade. You threaten our pharmeceutical industries with being prohibited from selling their OTC products if they don't make their script items cost far less than to the American population. Who pay the development costs. Canadians pour over the border to work in America, but for an American to gain employment in Canada is a near impossibility - I believe the official line is "only if you can do a job that a Canadian can't do".

If you are an American automobile manufacturer, you soon learn you can't sell products in Canada unless you establish manufacturing facilities there. God help you if you try to import a vehicle to Canada that contains some of that Canadian content.

Several years ago, ther was a flap about magazines published in America. The official line was undue influence upon Canadian culture...

I remember as a lad, being turned away from trips to Sherkston Beach and the like, because I couldn't produce a twenty-dollar bill. Official line: We worry about vagrancy. Fact: What? No money to spend in Ontario?

When the drinking age was 21 in Ontario and 18 in NYS, I recall the moral admonitions. But for $$$, Ontario changed that, didn't they?

I remember a cigarette machine in Ft. Erie in a small tourist attraction building with a sticker on it - No Canadian Coins Accepted". Yankee dollars only

I remember the sign in Niagara Falls, ONT, that said "This way to Bridge to USA" - which conveniently dumped you back into the tourist district,

Canada is in the gravy boat - same as Sweden, Switzerland, and Ireland. - we feel we are engineers of world peace, and it's up to you other nations to spend money to protect us.

And you have a joke of a Constitution. Your life is dictated to you by your Government, that removed your balls a hundred years ago.

Canada is an exceedlingly self-centered, selfish nation.

664742[/snapback]

umm

what are you yapping about damn american <_<

apuszczalowski - I'm not sure where you're going with this, but it's reflecting poorly on some of the Canadians on this board who enjoy watching American football and discussing it with our American friends on an American board.

664740[/snapback]

I don't have any problems with Americans (I am half american myself and live right near the border) i just get sick and tired about hearing how we should be so greatful to them cause their military protects us from the big bad world. Last time I checked, there were any countries wanting to get rid of us. If you want I can just take the Candian approach and roll over and accept it

By the way (just for a little education) the only NFL cities bigger than Vancouver (our 3rd largest city) are: New York, Chicago, and Houston.

I did like the line about hockey arenas though.

The population link I googled

664682[/snapback]

oh i know...but that line was too good to resist. plus, it got meazza'a panties all in a wad, which makes it worthwhile.

If you want I can just take the Candian approach and roll over and accept it

664796[/snapback]

"What you do should speak so loudly that no one can hear what you say."

Marv Levy, former coach of the Montreal Alouettes <_<

For me, I'm confident and proud of my country. I don't need validation from anyone or any country. I have lived abroad, I know where our standard of living ranks in the world and I understand and support our reasonable restrictions on individual freedoms for the benefit of society as outlined in our Constitution. I accept that other people make different choices that are no less valid.

oh i know...but that line was too good to resist. plus, it got meazza'a panties all in a wad, which makes it worthwhile.

664841[/snapback]

are you jealous of me because i wasn't born a freckled little geek like you?

are you jealous of me because i wasn't born a freckled little geek like you?

664844[/snapback]

Nope, obviously i am jealous of your ability to pick up 13 year old girls thru pedospace, errr, myspace...