If you were the Packer Managment

I don't know...if i were a fan of the Pack, I would be getting a little tired of Favre's act in Greenbay.

Favre delys decision

The Green Bay Packers don't expect Brett Favre's return or-retire decision before the NFL draft is held April 29 and 30.

I think Farve has done a lot for the Packer organization and the NFL. However this is ridiculous that he would continue to hold the team over a barrel like this.

I would cut him and prepare myself for a public relations nightmare.

I don't know...if i were a fan of the Pack, I would be getting a little tired of Favre's act in Greenbay.

Favre delys decision

I think Farve has done a lot for the Packer organization and the NFL.  However this is ridiculous that he would continue to hold the team over a barrel like this.

662846[/snapback]

I feel bad for Aaron Rogers. Unless the kid lights it up from day one and doesn't stop he is doomed no matter how Farve leaves. :huh:

Yes, brett favre is dicking around that team hard, and I'm sure they could find someone to throw 30 ints and they're capable of winning 3-5 games with or without him. The Packers managment has no balls to do the right thing, instead they're staying sentimental. It's mostly favres fault but the packers management is just as much at fault.

Cutting Favre doesn't really benefit the Packers at all. They're not taking a QB early, even if Favre does retire, so there's no impact on the draft.

They don't need his salary to sign FAs, and they're not sure if Rogers is ready to play yet.

They're going to be mediocre with Favre, and probably horrible with Rogers as the starter. At least with Favre starting, they can treat it as a farewell tour to keep the fans at bay while they continue to prepare Rogers for next season.

Favre delys decision

I think Farve has done a lot for the Packer organization and the NFL.  However this is ridiculous that he would continue to hold the team over a barrel like this.

662846[/snapback]

You mean like the way HOF Roger Clemens is doing to the Astros? Not to mention other teams who are courting him?

Favre means little for that team right now. They suck badly and even if he were to play again, that won't guarantee a winning season. Their D has slowly been falling apart for years now.

You mean like the way HOF Roger Clemens is doing to the Astros?  Not to mention other teams who are courting him? 

Favre means little for that team right now.  They suck badly and even if he were to play again, that won't guarantee a winning season.  Their D has slowly been falling apart for years now.

662942[/snapback]

Much different situation. Given Clemens advanced age, there is some wisdom in only having him pitch a half season. Plus, he's not under contract.

You don't cut Favre. You lose more in terms of respect and loyalty than you gain (if you gain anything which is unclear). Cal Ripken could probably have been released at the end too, but it doesn't happen, and people remember for years. As the Packers you plan on him not being there, and take a surprise if he comes back. This isn't going to affect the draft, because you are going to take Hawk and not Young. If Favre plays, he will be better than the alternatives, and if he stops they have to rebuild with Aaron Rogers. If there was a huge difference from a football perspective you could make a case, but I just don't see it.

You don't cut Favre.  You lose more in terms of respect and loyalty than you gain (if you gain anything which is unclear).  Cal Ripken could probably have been released at the end too, but it doesn't happen, and people remember for years.  As the Packers you plan on him not being there, and take a surprise if he comes back.  This isn't going to affect the draft, because you are going to take Hawk and not Young.  If Favre plays, he will be better than the alternatives, and if he stops they have to rebuild with Aaron Rogers.  If there was a huge difference from a football perspective you could make a case, but I just don't see it.

662965[/snapback]

Good answer.

You mean like the way HOF Roger Clemens is doing to the Astros?   Not to mention other teams who are courting him?  

Favre means little for that team right now.   They suck badly and even if he were to play again, that won't guarantee a winning season.   Their D has slowly been falling apart for years now.

662942[/snapback]

You are of course correct. I think that Favre is politely forcing a trade. Chargers perhaps? The NFL would just love for this to happen as well.

nope.................i'd let brett play as long as he wanted..........when brett retires it will be for them like it was when jim kelly retired....it will take like 10 years and 10 qb's before they ever get a player like brett again.................i remember jimbos last year and people were calling for todd collins....its too easy at the time to not appreciate a great player at the end of his career untill you have "lean years" again at the position.go bills in"06

I'd cut him just so we can stop having press conferences to announce that Favre has still not made a decision. It's pretty annoying. I like the guy but we have been hearing about his "retirement" for the last several years. I don't know if I can take another year of commentators waxing poetically about how this might be Favre's last year...