Would you rather have Reed & Price

Just looking at some F/A signings yesterday and I noticed Givens signed for a little bit more than we have given to Price & Reed. Just curious who you would rather have? I rather send the extra coin and get a proven #2 with Championship experience.

Just looking at some F/A signings yesterday and I noticed Givens signed for a little bit more than we have given to Price & Reed. Just curious who you would rather have? I rather send the extra coin and get a proven #2 with Championship experience.

661805[/snapback]

Was Givens a product of the team he played on vs being a standout WR?

Playing devils advocate here for a second. It depends which version of price we're getting. Givens has never reached 60 catches in a season or over 900 yards, and the most tds he's ever had in a season is 6 in 2003. He has 5 in the last 2 years. I like Givens but he's no world beater. Price and Davis both have more career td's then givens. 28 for price 14 for davis and 12 for givens. A higher ypc average 15.7 for davis to givens 14. Givens obviousily has been a playoff stud, he just hasn't done much in the regular season to say without a doubt that he's better then price and davis. I'll concede to it if Price is as bad as he was last year, but honestly even at his 2004 level he's equal to givens.

661805[/snapback]

Reed & Price. Givens was a product of how terribly bad the WR market was this year.

661805[/snapback]

Given your parameters and constraints, I'd rather have a serviceable two than one somewhat above serviceable of anything. Football players can get broke.

Guess which team was unhappy about the Bills signing Price? New England. Folks, this could turn out to be one of the most underrated signings ever. I'll be the first to admit that I trashed PP up and down when he crowed about wanting to be a No. 1 receiver, and I probably enjoyed it a bit that he failed so miserably in Atlanta. Let's not kid ourselves, though...the guy played VERY well in Buffalo and if he has the "fire" back, Buffalo's WR corps is not too shabby.

Guess which team was unhappy about the Bills signing Price?  New England.  Folks, this could turn out to be one of the most underrated signings ever.  I'll be the first to admit that I trashed PP up and down when he crowed about wanting to be a No. 1 receiver, and I probably enjoyed it a bit that he failed so miserably in Atlanta.  Let's not kid ourselves, though...the guy played VERY well in Buffalo and if he has the "fire" back, Buffalo's WR corps is not too shabby.

662327[/snapback]

I've been noticing that, and thought it might put some of the "Draft another # 1 QB unproven in the NFL" stuff to rest.

But, people in hell want icewater.

I'd rather have Tom Brady throwing to Reed and Price. :rolleyes: But in terms of potential, I think Givens is maxed out. He was a solid #2 but was never anything special. Price's best season blows Givens' out of the water. And Reed was a great college WR. unfortunately, he's not very fast, big, and can't catch. I trust in Marv but I don't really understand re-signing Reed.

Playing devils advocate here for a second.  It depends which version of price we're getting. Givens has never reached 60 catches in a season or over 900 yards, and the most tds he's ever had in a season is 6 in 2003. He has 5 in the last 2 years.  I like Givens but he's no world beater. Price and Davis both have more career td's then givens. 28 for price  14 for davis and 12 for givens.  A higher ypc average 15.7 for davis to givens 14.  Givens obviousily has been a playoff stud, he just hasn't done much in the regular season to say without a doubt that he's better then price and davis. I'll concede to it if Price is as bad as he was last year, but honestly even at his 2004 level he's equal to givens.

662215[/snapback]

great post

Guess which team was unhappy about the Bills signing Price?  New England.  Folks, this could turn out to be one of the most underrated signings ever.  I'll be the first to admit that I trashed PP up and down when he crowed about wanting to be a No. 1 receiver, and I probably enjoyed it a bit that he failed so miserably in Atlanta.  Let's not kid ourselves, though...the guy played VERY well in Buffalo and if he has the "fire" back, Buffalo's WR corps is not too shabby.

662327[/snapback]

I agree 100%. I was thrilled to have Willis in exchange for Price, and now we've got 'em both. I think it was a great signing, with the one area for criticism being what we paid for him. But like you alluded to, for all we know Peerless will tear it up for us again. I'm psyched to have him back, and although our receiving corp appears somewhat modest on paper in terms of talent, I'm pretty fired up about their potential. And I don't recall Peerless every whining about playing in a cold climate :rolleyes: