Lost 2.19 Discussion Thread

Rose - "Bernard, you are giving these people false hope!"

These are not the words of Bills fans.

661276[/snapback]

Yes, but LOST was started when tom donahoe was still GM. And he was the master at giving Bills fans false hope.

Bernard = TD?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least then we know that crashing on a desert island with a monster on it is only the second worst thing that has ever happened to them.

661352[/snapback]

Hey, I could deal with the Island, especially with babes like Kate running around and a golf course with no bag line. I wonder if you could make Vodka out of coconuts? :blink:

they were in Canada

661272[/snapback]

Not possible. As Ramius said, with the water falling from left to right, the vantage point was clearly from the American side.

I couldn't place this restaurant neither so I figured it was just a backdrop on a blue screen

Not possible.  As Ramius said, with the water falling from left to right, the vantage point was clearly from the American side.

I couldn't place this restaurant neither so I figured it was just a backdrop on a blue screen

662213[/snapback]

they were in Canada on top of the skylon tower restaurant

they were in Canada on top of the skylon tower restaurant

662540[/snapback]

No, they werent. Then they would be looking DOWN on the falls, not at them from the side. Unless they recently moved the skylon tower to the american side?

My soon-to-be sister-in-law's mother was here from the West Coast and we all went to dinner tonight, so I only caught the last 15 minutes. But, this is a teevee show, and I'd rather have something of a life that's not scheduled around Wednesdays at 9.... And no, don't have tivo, don't even have cable.

Came in at the point where Rose was at the healer Isaac (Was it just me, the accent, or do all Aussies look the same, but that wasn't the guy who turned Kate in, was it?). He said that there was something in the ground --- geological, magnetic, who knows --- there that could heal people. Didn't work for Rose. Do the link, the island has these things. And she knew that Locke had been in a wheelchair..... Question for people here --- how many of you would stay on the island if it meant you were healed? Is that why the Others stay? Is that why they

Michael is back. Says the Others are relatively unarmed and that they can be beaten. Cue on Sawyer to get the guns..... Question: Is this CrazyBizarroMichael who's brokered a deal to get Walt back, ala Rousseau?

660605[/snapback]

If you go to this link:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index.html

You can see a video recap of the last episode as well as read a recap

OK, so I saw the ep, and I'd just like to ask everyone...

- In the last scene, was anyone thinking "Hey, that sounds like Arzt from the finale last year!" when it was Michael whooping through the woods just before he passed out?

- Could the situation with Bernard and Rose be similar to "Adam and Eve" from the caves? A lot of similarities, esp. w/in the continuing Black/White theme.

- Could the situation with Bernard and Rose be similar to "Adam and Eve" from the caves? A lot of similarities, esp. w/in the continuing Black/White theme.

664865[/snapback]

Huh? Please expand this thought? What similarities?

Huh?  Please expand this thought?  What similarities?

665320[/snapback]

Just in the way that 'Adam and Eve' as Locke called them, were positioned in the cave. Implied they loved each other as they were lying side by side (Question remains did they die at the same time? Or were they placed there?). There was also the bag, which contained two small, smooth (polished?) stones, one black, one white.

Here we have Bernard and Rose. Bernard is using black rocks to form an S.O.S. signal. (Aside from the obvious, Rose is black, Bernard is white).

Rose is healed by the island and even if rescue boats come, she says she won't leave and Bernard makes the decision to stay too.... Does anyone suppose that 'Adam and Eve' elected to stay on the island?

---

I also think that with the food drop, the Lostaways are now forced to accept that someone knows that people are on the island, and tho they provide food, they're all right with people dying while being forced to participate in their experiment.

Up to this point, it's been possible that a plane or boat might pass; this was a revelation that there's some entity that wants to keep them there and can probably block any attempts by rescuers. If they want to get off the island, it's going to have to be at their own intitiative, not Dharma's.

Just in the way that 'Adam and Eve' as Locke called them, were positioned in the cave. Implied they loved each other as they were lying side by side (Question remains did they die at the same time? Or were they placed there?). There was also the bag, which contained two small, smooth (polished?) stones, one black, one white.

Here we have Bernard and Rose. Bernard is using black rocks to form an S.O.S. signal. (Aside from the obvious, Rose is black, Bernard is white).

Rose is healed by the island and even if rescue boats come, she says she won't leave and Bernard makes the decision to stay too.... Does anyone suppose that 'Adam and Eve' elected to stay on the island?

665620[/snapback]

Maybe those skeletons were Rose and Bernard! Some kind of time warp phenomena. :ph34r:

Maybe those skeletons were Rose and Bernard!  Some kind of time warp phenomena.  :ph34r:

665630[/snapback]

There was either an Outer Limits or Twilight Zone like that, where people found dead bodies that turned out to be their own dead bodies from the future. There was also an X-Files like that where Scully found a corpse and the dental work showed it was her.

That'd be a cool plot twist anyway. The thought of them in some alternate dimension (or back/forward in time) is pretty cool.