More Visits Today in Buffalo

true but maybe keep bennie around for a season and see if he would be a good backup or maybe he could play another spot on the line? 

659413[/snapback]

I think not JB. The Bills could cut Anderson and draft a kid such as Mark Setterstrom from Minn. I am as sure as one can be that he will be better than Anderson in his rookie season.

If Reyes is good, Setterstrom could learn behind him, or be plugged in due to injury. It's all good.

I think not JB. The Bills could cut Anderson and draft a kid such as Mark Setterstrom from Minn. I am as sure as one can be that he will be better than Anderson in his rookie season.

If Reyes is good, Setterstrom could learn behind him, or be plugged in due to injury. It's all good.

659456[/snapback]

How can you be possible sure about that? How can you have a clue how a college player will transition to the pros? I love to have opinions, but I am amazed how cocksure some are around here.

How can you be possible sure about that?  How can you have a clue how a college player will transition to the pros?  I love to have opinions, but I am amazed how cocksure some are around here.

659464[/snapback]

Fair question. I DID say "as sure as one can be."

It wasn't so much of a reach. Do you watch Buffalo Bills football games? :P

Fair question. I DID say "as sure as one can be."

It wasn't so much of a reach. Do you watch Buffalo Bills football games?  :P

659468[/snapback]

That is fair, but I think a lot of us totally underestimate the transition from college to pro.

Yes, I watched as many games as I could see last year and of course we know we need an upgrade from Anderson, but still always get amazed how, year after year, the pro scouts get it wrong, that people believe that some unproven draftee could solve our problems. The pro scouts get it wrong 40% of the time, why do any of us think we have a clue.

How many people here wanted Mike Nugent last year? The draft is a crapshoot, the good ones hit a little higher perecentage than the incompetents, but anyone that relies on draft picks to make an immediate contribution is fooling themselves.

The draft is a crapshoot, the good ones hit a little higher perecentage than the incompetents, but anyone that relies on draft picks to make an immediate contribution is fooling themselves.

659474[/snapback]

Your points are certainly valid, especially about the college to pro transition.

The thing is, there is more to the draft than immediate impact. Last year, Dallas took Petiti with the 35th pick of round 6. He was forced to step in, and was OK. This year, he will have that much more experience under his belt.

Anderson is already awful. There is no transition to make. The Bills have failed to bring in blockers who can produce. A good model for doing so would be the steelers under TD. These guys should be selected every year. The problem with the Bills is that when we draft a blocker, more often than not, he sucks.

From what I have seen of Setterstrom, he is a fine young OG. R.Rich, a college football expert imo, is high on him. These guys seem to like him as well.

Forgive me please if I came off sounding too sure. I have been waiting for a decade for the Bills to field a good OL, and I like this kid.

Your points are certainly valid, especially about the college to pro transition.

The thing is, there is more to the draft than immediate impact. Last year, Dallas took Petiti with the 35th pick of round 6. He was forced to step in, and was OK. This year, he will have that much more experience under his belt.

Anderson is already awful. There is no transition to make. The Bills have failed to bring in blockers who can produce. A good model for doing so would be the steelers under TD. These guys should be selected every year. The problem with the Bills is that when we draft a blocker, more often than not, he sucks.

From what I have seen of Setterstrom, he is a fine young OG. R.Rich, a college football expert imo, is high on him. These guys seem to like him as well.

Forgive me please if I came off sounding too sure. I have been waiting for a decade for the Bills to field a good OL, and I like this kid.

659489[/snapback]

Bill - I really hate reasonable people with reasonable replies. How can I get my days frustration out on the message board if you are going to be rational?

I share your frustration on the oline and like Donohoe but felt that his lack of appreciation for line play was his achilles heel. Why did the Steelers pick them when Donohoe was there? Was he being overridden or did his ego get the best of him since he came to Buffalo? I find our free agent signings fascinating. They are all guys under 30 that have not quite lived up to potential. I wonder what Marv's experience is that he believes these guys can blossom.

Hell, I wanted Roy Williams over Mike Willaims a few years ago and I was right so I guess I am a draft guru too. Enjoy the season.

Maybe if we sign Reyes we can cut Bennie Anderson's fat ass.  If we were to sign him that would create a lot of competition in the interior of our O-line....thats a good thing.  Not to mention were probably going to add some more bodies in the draft.

659400[/snapback]

True but lets not cut Bennie until some one better beats him put.