Bills draft 2006 - Picking at

marck

At present the Bills have 10 picks in the 2006 NFL Draft. Numbers 8, 42, 70, 73, 105, 134, 143, 178, 216 and 248.

Here is my suggestion:

Pick # 8 - Winston Justice - OT - USC

Pick # 42 - Jason Allen - FS - Tennessee

Pick #70 - John McCargo - DT - NC State

Pick #73 - Taitusi Lutui - OG - USC

Pick #105 - Jonathon Lewis - DT - Virginia Tech

Pick # 134 - Jeff Webb - WR - San Diego State

Pick # 143 - Mike Kudla - DE - Ohio State

Pick # 178 - Calvin Lowry - SS - Penn State

* This is a player at the safety position that brings it on every play, he is a contact seeking hitter as a defensive back, I like his aggressive approach to the game, it is refreshing

* He also brings another dimension to the field as a return man on the team, I feel he excels more as a punt returner, he excels more on his fearlessness and instincts as return player, than on being an outstanding athlete back as a return guy

* That shows me he is a player that plays for the love and competition of the game, and that are traits of a winner and a player of character

Pick # 216 - David Irons - CB - Auburn

Pick # 248 - Bobby Iwuchukwu - OLB - Purdue

With this draft we make no trades, use all 10 picks in defined need areas.

Justice & Lutui give us a left side of the offensive line for the next decade, with a young center in Marvin Fowler, Duke Preston at Guard and Jason peters at RT, McNally could develop this group by the 2007 season.

DLine prospects McCargo and Lewis are one gap penetrating lineman that fit the defensive style of our new defensive coordinator, with Tim Anderson their to add into the rotation our line is one that shoots the gaps and blows up plays instead of letting teams jam the ball down our throats. DE Kudla has excellent measureables and played at a quality program at Ohio State and mixes in with Kelsay, and Denny to support Aaron Schoebel. Jason Allen is an explosive athlete who could be the ball-hawking safety this team needs, Calvin Lowry is a hard hitting Strong Safety who has the speed to play the cover 2 scheme. Irons and Iwuchkwu are players to add to the special teams and have some skills to play as back-ups.

Please feel free to question and comment.

No feedback from anyone?

At present the Bills have 10 picks in the 2006 NFL Draft.  Numbers 8, 42, 70, 73, 105, 134, 143, 178, 216 and 248.

Here is my suggestion:

Pick #73 -  Taitusi Lutui - OG - USC

Pick # 178 -  Calvin Lowry - SS - Penn State

* This is a player at the safety position that brings it on every play, he is a contact seeking hitter as a defensive back, I like his aggressive approach to the game, it is refreshing

* He also brings another dimension to the field as a return man on the team, I feel he excels more as a punt returner, he excels more on his fearlessness and instincts as return player, than on being an outstanding athlete back as a return guy

* That shows me he is a player that plays for the love and competition of the game, and that are traits of a winner and a player of character

Justice & Lutui give us a left side of the offensive line for the next decade, with a young center in Marvin Fowler, Duke Preston at Guard and Jason peters at RT, McNally could develop this group by the 2007 season.

DLine prospects McCargo and Lewis are one gap penetrating lineman that fit the defensive style of our new defensive coordinator, with Tim Anderson their to add into the rotation our line is one that shoots the gaps and blows up plays instead of letting teams jam the ball down our throats.  DE Kudla has excellent measureables and played at a quality program at Ohio State and mixes in with Kelsay, and Denny to support Aaron Schoebel.  Jason Allen is an explosive athlete who could be the ball-hawking safety this team needs, Calvin Lowry is a hard hitting Strong Safety who has the speed to play the cover 2 scheme.  Irons and Iwuchkwu are players to add to the special teams and have some skills to play as back-ups.

654728[/snapback]

Not a bad draft. I don't think taking Justice at 38 is the smartest pick as I think there will be better talent available, but it definately fills a need. Jason Allen has moved into the mid first round and have seen him going as high as the early teens, so I doubt he will be there, but if so, it'd be a great pick. I like the USC left side of the offensive line idea and overall not a bad draft. May be a reach at 8 and a pipe dream at #42 though

It was nice to see someone who likes Jeff Webb the receiver-I think he could be an excellent pick. I am leaning toward Justice in round one(but Levy will shy from taking due to off-field dilemas) or Huff. I believe Ngata will be off the board and I feel that Bunkley was a one year wonder at FSU- had no productivity in prior years and is undersized. I like McCargo but needs some bulk. I do like Jon Scott as LT from Texas. I also like Tony Scheffler TE from W. Michigan- I doubt we'll go TE but I love his build. I also like James Wyche DE from Syracuse-reminds me of a Simon Fletcher type who would be there in the 4th but not the 5th. I like Kelly Jennings CB from Miami as he was heavily followed at the Senior Bowl by Buffalo. We shall see. Not far away.

At present the Bills have 10 picks in the 2006 NFL Draft.  Numbers 8, 42, 70, 73, 105, 134, 143, 178, 216 and 248.

Here is my suggestion:

DLine prospects McCargo and Lewis are one gap penetrating lineman that fit the defensive style of our new defensive coordinator, with Tim Anderson their to add into the rotation our line is one that shoots the gaps and blows up plays instead of letting teams jam the ball down our throats.  DE Kudla has excellent measureables and played at a quality program at Ohio State and mixes in with Kelsay, and Denny to support Aaron Schoebel.  Jason Allen is an explosive athlete who could be the ball-hawking safety this team needs, Calvin Lowry is a hard hitting Strong Safety who has the speed to play the cover 2 scheme.  Irons and Iwuchkwu are players to add to the special teams and have some skills to play as back-ups.

654728[/snapback]

Now that Moulds is gone....where does that other "threat" come from to take the pressure of of Lee Evans?

Now that Moulds is gone....where does that other "threat" come from to take the pressure of of Lee Evans?

654787[/snapback]

What good is having another "threat" if you can't get him the ball. I think that the Bills have adequet recievers considering how poor their lines are.

My choice :

Pick # 8 - Vernon Davis TE Marylan

Pick # 42 - Gabe Watson DT Michigan

Pick #70 - Jonathan Scott OT Texas

Pick #73 - Bernard Pollard SS Purdue

Pick #105 - Rob Sims OG Ohio State

Pick # 134 - Miles Austin WR Monmount

Pick # 143 - Keith Ellison OLB Oregon State

Pick # 178 - De Arius Howard RB Arkansas

Pick # 248 - Mike Degory C Florida

:(:angry::angry:

Ehh....no

We need to replace Eric Moulds production along with improving lines or we will look equally as bad....

Is there nowhere in your draft that you cant put a quality TE into even if it isn't Vernon Davis?

654805[/snapback]

What's worng with royal i know he can't catch but he is from waht i hear a great blockers. We realy could use that with a crapy OL.

654728[/snapback]

I like a lot of your picks. But Winston Justice at #8 bothers me. It's partly the character issues, partly the fact that he's a RT (memories of Mike Williams...).

I like a lot of your picks. But Winston Justice at #8 bothers me. It's partly the character issues, partly the fact that he's a RT (memories of Mike Williams...).

654840[/snapback]

Winston Justice protected Leinart's blindside through, remember that Matty is a left-handed QB...so he played the typical LT role, just over at RT. I dont think there will be ANY problem with him making the transition, most draft reports I've read on him just list him as a Left Tackle anyways for that very reason.

Winston Justice protected Leinart's blindside through, remember that Matty is a left-handed QB...so he played the typical LT role, just over at RT. I dont think there will be ANY problem with him making the transition, most draft reports I've read on him just list him as a Left Tackle anyways for that very reason.

654844[/snapback]

Chris Simms is lefthanded too. Mike Williams = LT?

:)

Chris Simms is lefthanded too.  Mike Williams = LT?

:)

655029[/snapback]

Mike Williams only played ONE season with Chris Simms as the starter (2001). The rest of his career was played with Major Applewhite as the starter, a right-handed QB. What is odd is that Big Mike struggled badly with handling the speed rushers when he had to protect Simms blindside in 2001, but he was still drafted at #4. On the flip side, Winston Justice has shown no problems covering Leinart's blindside for two seasons (and has also done the deed for a right handed QB during his freshman year) and has dominated at his job assignment.

To me there is no comparison. Big Mike couldnt cover anyone's blindside in college, but we never even asked him to do it in the NFL anyways, we just plugged him in at RT and let him fat away. Winston Justice has done VERY well covering the blindside of Matt Leinart (not exactly a burner by any means), so it makes sense to me teams would want him to do so in the NFL at the LT spot and continue his success.

When it comes to improving the Bills O-Line, he sounds like a great option to me.

Couldn’t agree more on Justice. MW is no where near the athlete that Justice is. Teaming Peters and Justice would give us young athletic bookends for years. Not a sexy pick, but something to build around. I think Justice is going to be special.

As for the next 2 picks, Allen & McCargo will likely go a round higher. I have seen McCargo taken by us in the second in one mock. Safety is a fairly deep in this draft, with good value players in each of the first few rounds. I still think Bing will be there when we pick in the second round, due to the slower than expected 40 times, but the guy is a player, and I would love to see him suit up for the Bills.

Rod Wright and Orien Harris seem to be slipping and may be there in the 3rd. Combine this with a Guard with our other third and I would go to sleep feeling pretty good after one day of the draft.

654844[/snapback]

give this argument up.

The only significance of a QB being left handed is that he can't see the RT missing his block to give up a sack.

He played RT where he did not face the defenses's best pass rushers. Defensive LE are generally bigger and slower. There will be a huge transition to play LT in the NFL and he may never make the adjustment. At a minimum, it will be extremely unlikely that he will be starting at LT in 2006. Jonathon Ogden, a premier LT in college, did not even start at LT for the Ravens as a rookie.

Jesse Mahalona of Tennessee at 72 might be a better DT pick in that he is a very good pass rusher. He came from a JUCO and was quite impressive. I like Justice and he will be a good NFL offensive lineman, but I would be reluctant to wait until the third round before we address the Defensive Tackle need. Ngata or possibly Bunkley would be the way to go at 8.

mexicanbills.....I like that draft a lot.....Sims will be a good mid round pick

654830[/snapback]

Winston Justice is a reach at #8 even with the go Pro Day.Which is why we should think hard about trading down a little like to 11th or 12th pickup a 3rd or 4th and maybe he is still there. I highly doubt Lutui will be there in the 3rd, but if the front office is smart with the depth of this draft's tallent we will have a much improved team this year; at least on paper and possible on the field depending on the speed of development.

654844[/snapback]

I could be wrong but for some reason I thought Big Mike protected Simms blind side at Texes- wasnt he a lefty too. So now you move Winston to left tackle and he has to adjust and learn all new footwork and so on. I dont know but I think a lineman having someone (a guard) to his left his whole career then making the switch to having the guard on his right is a bigger deal than we think.

I have no problem with Winston but if you draft him you keep him on the left I think. At # 8 you cant mess up. Maybe in the later rounds you take a chance a a player that can move around the line and switch tackle positions or maybe can play some guard.