What's depressing about the schedule is ...

... it reflects our true insignificance within the league, and reflects how little we've accomplished over the last five years.

Not a single game in prime time, and all on Sunday. In the Sunday-night era of televised NFL games, this has never before happened. We've replaced Arizona and Cincy as the "Who Cares?" teams of the NFL.

For the first time in many a moon, I've dummied down my preseason expectations. If we can go 9-7 or 8-8, I'll be a believer in what Jauron and Marv are doing.

... it reflects our true insignificance within the league, and reflects how little we've accomplished over the last five years.

Not a single game in prime time, and all on Sunday. In the Sunday-night era of televised NFL games, this has never before happened. We've replaced Arizona and Cincy as the "Who Cares?" teams of the NFL.

For the first time in many a moon, I've dummied down my preseason expectations. If we can go 9-7 or 8-8, I'll be a believer in what Jauron and Marv are doing.

654665[/snapback]

the bills are a bad small market team with no true stars and no credible (at this point) qb. what do you expect?

this is what it feels like to be an arizona cardinals fan.

The only thing I dont like on first glance is 3 conference games in a row at the beginning of the season. Puts a lot of pressure to have a good fast start. I wish we had at least one NFC game early if not the first game to get the wrinkles out.

654692[/snapback]

i'm sure wilson's vote against the collective bargaining agreement and his vocal (if somewhat inarticulate) complaints about it didn't win him any friends in the league office. ever hear of payback, my friend?

i'm sure wilson's vote against the collective bargaining agreement and his vocal (if somewhat inarticulate) complaints about it didn't win him any friends in the league office. ever hear of payback, my friend?

654694[/snapback]

And Miami heat in Sept. as well !

654665[/snapback]

I have no problems whatsoever not getting any nightgames as I think having all our games scheduled at 1pm helps build stability and helps us win.

Its great having our home games scheduled at middday on Sunday because we draw fans regionally and given a two hour car trip for many fans night games are impossible for them to do.

Its nice to be popular. but i would much rather win.

Even if we win, I think that having a small TV market will always make us a second choice for a primetime game.

I have no problems whatsoever not getting any nightgames as I think having all our games scheduled at 1pm helps build stability and helps us win.

Its great having our home games scheduled at middday on Sunday because we draw fans regionally and given a two hour car trip for many fans night games are impossible for them to do.

Its nice to be popular. but i would much rather win.

Even if we win, I think that having a small TV market will always make us a second choice for a primetime game.

654697[/snapback]

i agree about winning over popularity, but the first 9 games are definitely stacked against the bills. it'll be tough just to get to 3-6.

You have it all backwards. You WANT the Bills to be hidden in the shadows! Let this team develop without the national media noticing. That way they can sneak up on teams.

I should point out that every year there is one hot team that frustrates the TV networks because they were not expected to do well, so they have no national TV games. Not saying the Bills will be that team, but...

PTR

The only thing I dont like on first glance is 3 conference games in a row at the beginning of the season. Puts a lot of pressure to have a good fast start. I wish we had at least one NFC game early if not the first game to get the wrinkles out.

654692[/snapback]

No BS about building to the playoffs this year. This team might have 2 or 3 rebuilding years ahead due the complete neglect of the lines under TD's seriously flawed direction.

654694[/snapback]

Yeah, the Christmas Eve game, at the Ralph, between the bungling Bills and the bottom feeding Titans should pack 'em in!

The schedule is not too exciting, although I am glad that my road game for the season (at Houston!) is still early enough in the season to possibly mean something...for one of the two teams anyways...

Hop, hop, hop, hippity hop.  Who was the Carolina (I think) punter or kicker who whacked his leg with an axe?:(

654723[/snapback]

Jacksonvile Punter Chris Hanson

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story..._len&id=1634325

The Jaguars on Thursday lost Pro Bowl punter Chris Hanson for an undetermined amount of time -- ESPN.com has learned that he will be sidelined 4-6 weeks and could well miss the balance of the season -- when the fourth-year veteran was accidentally gashed on his right (non-kicking foot) while wielding the ax.