Some people just don't get it

VABills

Where was this guys body armor. Doesn't Bush know it's dangerous being a teacher, picking up loose shels, squashing bugs? This is Bushs fault that he allowed a loose round to be available to anyone walking around.

This is curious. A 40 mm Bofors cannon projectile is more than five inches in length. If it was active, he'd pretty much have to whack it down point first, and he would have been vaporized. I'm not aware of any recent 40mm mortar rounds. Perhaps it was a 40mm signal round for a M79 or M19.

You don't spit into the wind

You don't pull on super mans cape

You don't mess around with Leroy brown

and you sure the hell don't go slamming live morter rounds on the desk

;)

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/04/paperweig...n.ap/index.html

652361[/snapback]

:rolleyes: It's almost too bad he survived; he'd be a shoe-in for a Darwin award.

This is curious. A 40 mm Bofors cannon projectile is more than five inches in length. If it was active, he'd pretty much have to whack it down point first, and he would have been vaporized. I'm not aware of any recent 40mm mortar rounds.  Perhaps it was a 40mm signal round for a M79 or M19.

653203[/snapback]

Grenade for a M-19, probably. At least some of those rounds are base-fused...and I have a very hard time believing anyone would be dumb enough to try to squash a bug with the business end of a shell.

Grenade for a M-19, probably.  At least some of those rounds are base-fused...and I have a very hard time believing anyone would be dumb enough to try to squash a bug with the business end of a shell.

653209[/snapback]

If it was, I'd think somehow he hit the primer and being outside a chamber, the casing exploded. Had he discharged the warhead - depending on the charge - the forensic team might have been scraping portions of him from the walls and ceiling.