Got my video draft guide today, nice to see some

Pretty good buy although they are missing a few prospects that I would have liked to see film of (Mangold, G. Watson).

Fourth and Goal Video Draft Guide

Although the film is pretty much highlight videos of about 100 prospects it definetley changed my opinion (slightly) of some players.

No offense to Mario Williams (I think he's going to be a beast at the next level) but OH MY GOD is A.J. Hawk a fuggin freak on the field. IMHO he might be the best player in this draft. I don't think I've EVER seen a player fly around the field like that. I would love to have him in a Bills uni.

Huffs film was a lot of the same as the one posted on this website a few weeks ago but also had a lot of new tape as well. I know some Texas fans claimed the tackling on the last video was out of character for Huff (some even compared his tackiling to A. Winfield..BillsGuyinMalta maybe, cant remember?) but this video showed a lot more high tackling. Very high tackling for that matter, Antoine never tackled anyone that high. Still very impressive and I think the tackling issue can be corrected with good coaching but still leaves me a little concerned. All in all though, still a very impressive player and wouldn't mind him at all at 8.

Jason Allen looks almost as impressive as Huff and would be a steal in the second if available (and if we don't draft Huff).

Both Ngata and Bunckley were also very impressive. IMHO Bunkley might be a lot better than some give him credit. This guy plays until the whistle blows and I don't think he would be a reach at all at 8. In fact I think I like him better than Ngata at this point althogh its almost a push.

Others who realy impressed.....

Daryl Tapp (might be around in the third)

Tamba Hali (1st rounder, not a likely pick)

Claude Wroten (2nd round-maybe 3rd, would be a steal in round 3 IMHO)

Davin Joseph (great value in the second)

Marcus McNeil (probably late first, would be a steal in round 2 but not likely)

Winston Justice (1st round, possible pick...could be a reach at 8)

Hank Baskett (this would be great 4th rounder if we address the lines early)

Charles Gordon (might be around in the 5th...tremendous upside)

Just some thoughts after seeing some actual film.

It was me who said his tackling was like Antoine, and I'll still stand by that after seeing him play for the last 3 years.

That being said however, the Bills might not even get a CHANCE to draft him. I'm hearing a lot of talk about San Fran taking him at #6 (in fact, I believe they are wining and dining with him this week as well) so we might be s.o.l. at getting Huff.

In a related note, I am slightly warming up to Winston Justice however...I'm just worried whether or not he can make the transition from RT to LT. I know playing RT with Leinart as your QB basically made you the default LT on most teams, but its still quite a jump. Still though, I wouldnt be too upset if the Bills took him at #8.

In fact, if the Bills took any one of the following players: Huff, Justice, Ngata or Davis...I'd be content with our pick. They all have decent reasons for being selected and help fill a hole at the same time.

Pretty good buy although they are missing a few prospects that I would have liked to see film of (Mangold, G. Watson).

Although the film is pretty much highlight videos of about 100 prospects it definetley changed my opinion (slightly) of some players.

651249[/snapback]

Worth the $$? I'll probably check it out next year if it's worth it.

Ballpark number...how many clips does it show of each player?

Jason Allen looks almost as impressive as Huff and would be a steal in the second if available (and if we don't draft Huff).

Both Ngata and Bunckley were also very impressive.  IMHO Bunkley might be a lot better than some give him credit.  This guy plays until the whistle blows and I don't think he would be a reach at all at 8.  In fact I think I like him better than Ngata at this point althogh its almost a push. 

651249[/snapback]

Don't let LaDaris hear you say that about allen :w00t:

All in all nothing that suprising. Hawk and Williams are the creme de le creme of this draft. awesome players

I haven't seen Hawk as much as BillsGuyInMalta but I dont see Huff as a comparable tackler to Antoine Winfield. Everytime I've seen Huff he's tackled high, so I'm not about to compare that to the best tackling corner in the game. However Huff is a great playmaker with good speed. You could put him in different spots of the field corner/safety it just gives you great versatility.

While he's not my first choice I could live with Huff at 8 if thats the guy. I'm still leaning towards Broderick Bunkley I just have a feeling that he's gonna to be an absolute great dt in the nfl. Strong enough to play nose or penetrate gaps. He strikes me as a young Richard Seymour high praise, but I honestly believe you can put him on any position on the dline and he'll excell.

I dont like the idea of Winston Justice especially at 8, I'm just weary of drafting another rt that high, maybe if we traded down a few spots.

Davin Joseph or Claude Wrotten would be ideal in the 2nd depending on what we do in the first.

Just wondering if the video had any footage of Elvis Dumervil and what your impression was of him if so?

No offense to Mario Williams (I think he's going to be a beast at the next level) but OH MY GOD is A.J. Hawk a fuggin freak on the field.  IMHO he might be the best player in this draft.  I don't think I've EVER seen a player fly around the field like that.  I would love to have him in a Bills uni.

Huffs film was a lot of the same as the one posted on this website a few weeks ago but also had a lot of new tape as well.  I know some Texas fans claimed the tackling on the last video was out of character for Huff (some even compared his tackiling to A. Winfield..BillsGuyinMalta maybe, cant remember?)  but this video showed a lot more high tackling.  Very high tackling for that matter, Antoine never tackled anyone that high.  Still very impressive and I think the tackling issue can be corrected with good coaching but still leaves me a little concerned.  All in all though, still a very impressive player and wouldn't mind him at all at 8.

Both Ngata and Bunckley were also very impressive.  IMHO Bunkley might be a lot better than some give him credit.  This guy plays until the whistle blows and I don't think he would be a reach at all at 8.  In fact I think I like him better than Ngata at this point althogh its almost a push. 

651249[/snapback]

If you're getting paid as a scout for an NFL team, please except my apologies for the following statement.

OMG some people on this site are scary!! You actually purchased a draft video. That's just too much time on you're hands (Again I apologize if you're getting paid or plan to pursue a career in scouting). I like watching some of the draft and checking out some of the players stats, but to sit and watch a DVD 100 prospects is a little crazy (please refer to first line of post). We have no bearing on whom the Bills draft, so why waste the time scouting and making a case for each player. Maybe it's just me, but that's a little too much.

Go Bills!!

OMG some people on this site are scary!!  You actually purchased a draft video. 

651368[/snapback]

So what? That's what the guy likes to do. I'm sure you have stuff in your like that you "waste" time with. The guy just is really into football. There are worse things.

If you're getting paid as a scout for an NFL team, please except my apologies for the following statement.

OMG some people on this site are scary!!  You actually purchased a draft video.  That's just too much time on you're hands (Again I apologize if you're getting paid or plan to pursue a career in scouting).  I like watching some of the draft and checking out some of the players stats, but to sit and watch a DVD 100 prospects is a little crazy (please refer to first line of post).  We have no bearing on whom the Bills draft, so why waste the time scouting and making a case for each player.  Maybe it's just me, but that's a little too much.

Go Bills!!

651368[/snapback]

And some people on this site are douche bags. OH My God You bought a draft video! Yeah I spent $20 bucks on something so I can see film for myself rather than having to listen to countless "expert opinions" that differ greatly on virtually every player. You're right we don't have any bearing on who the Bills will choose but this way I know more about who I want to draft come April 29 and 30th. Not to mention when the Bills do actually draft I'll have some film on the guys we've taken and will be able to envision how they can help this team. You act as if I'm the first person you've ever heard of thats into the NFL draft. :w00t:

Just wondering if the video had any footage of Elvis Dumervil and what your impression was of him if so?

It does however I'll have to watch his video again (when I get home tonight). I remember being a lot more impressed with Tapp, although Dumervil might be around after Tapp is gone. I'll try and post after I get home.

And some people on this site are douche bags. OH My God You bought a draft video!  Yeah I spent $20 bucks on something so I can see film for myself rather than having to listen to countless "expert opinions" that differ greatly on virtually every player.  You're right we don't have any bearing on who the Bills will choose but this way I know more about who I want to draft come April 29 and 30th.  Not to mention when the Bills do actually draft I'll have some film on the guys we've taken and will be able to envision how they can help this team.  You act as if I'm the first person you've ever heard of thats into the NFL draft. :w00t:

651678[/snapback]

So, I guess that means you're not getting paid. Good purchase. ;)

You act as if I'm the first person you've ever heard of thats into the NFL draft. :w00t:

651678[/snapback]

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings and single you out, there are a lot of folks on this site in the same boat. In another thread, one dude asked about a pre-season game. Sure enough someone dug up the tape of the game and watched it in order to answer his question. Look I am huge Bills fan and look forward to the draft and the Bills season, but I just keep things in perspecive. That's all, sorry if i offended you. Just making a general observation.

i can see how some people might think its crazy to sit there and do what you do, but I'm sure you think other peoples hobbies are crazy too

You enjoy football and like evry aspect so you immerse yourself in it and like to know more about players and the game. A waste of time to some, great wa to spend time to others. its your time and money, now we all know who to ask questions too about possible draft canidates

BTW, after watching the video, are teh QB's really as great as they are hyping them to be?

OMG some people on this site are scary!!  You actually purchased a draft video.

651368[/snapback]

I'd rather see it on TV, and probably wouldn't pay $20, but why not? We enjoy wasting time watching and talking about football, and the draft is pretty interesting stuff, especially without playoffs for so long. Seeing more of these guys sounds interesting and will add to the draft enjoyment. So chill, and if you don't want one, don't buy one. Also, please list everything you have spent money on in the last year, so we can find something to ridicule you for if you continue putting people down. :w00t:

It does however I'll have to watch his video again (when I get home tonight).  I remember being a lot more impressed with Tapp, although Dumervil might be around after Tapp is gone.  I'll try and post after I get home.

651686[/snapback]

Hey STL Bills what about the ghost of Past Christmast, Kiawanuka? Last year he was projected to be a Top ten draft pick, I haven't read nothing of him lately (positive or negative)

I think he would be perfect for the Cover 2.