So, strep is whipping through our house now...

SDS

... well, let me back up. Deborah started with strep last weekend and Andrew finally showed signs of it on Thursday. He threw up a tiny bit just one time that night, but he was basically doing ok until this morning. He already had a few doses of medicine and he seemed fine to go to his Sat. ice skating class. He ate a good breakfast and was active. (yes, I know I am a dumbass for attempting this).

Well, we get to the rink (Andrew, Paige, and I) and just as we approach the entrance of the building - I hear the gagging sound that every parent dreads. I turn around and Andrew is starting to hurl. I quickly set Paige down and grab Andrew in hopes I can move him to the side. Before I can move him he pukes in my cupped hands. :D

I race to the garbage can and whip the puke into the can at which point I here another volumonous roar and splat right in front of the entrance.

Now, Andrew is screaming bloody murder that he wants his mommy (like I was abducting him) and Paige is just staring at us like "WTF"? Meanwhile, people are trying to enter the building for their lessons, and they don't know whether to tip toe like a ballerina or long jump it like Carl Lewis.

I eventually get Andrew to sit off to the side while I run in with Paige and explain to the nice lady that there was a pile of half-digested waffle sticks in front of the entrance and we could use a little help.

Of course, none of that even approached the Linda Blair episode he had a few hours ago when a raincoat (or a giant sponge) would have been better attire...

Anyone else have any similar kid stories?

Can't top yours but one of my sons (he was 5 at the time) barfed on a plane when we were both in first class. As you can expect, the other first class passengers expect that when you get in first class you are away from that kind of stuff....but, surprise.

No projectiles but a nasty aroma. I noticed a gag reflex from the lady across from us when I took him to the bathroom to get him cleaned up.

Does strep make you puke?... Or is the barfing from something else?

I remember reading somewhere that untreated bouts of strep is a prime cause of heart valve probs later in life.

On the barfing issues... We have had some doosy's! My wife has a wicked "flight mechanism" which only adds to the chaos. :D:P

:lol:

That was early February in our house. Luckily, they made it to the bathroom every time. After that was finished, the bad sinus/ear infections followed. Both girls would wake up crying and I'd have to dash for the precription ear drops.

For a week, I think I averaged 3 hours sleep a night. I was the walking dead at work. :D

Man I feel for you because we just went through something similar. We drove down to Va Beach for St Pats and the trip down was the drive from hell (10 1/2 hrs give or take). We left around midnight so Chase (20 mos) would sleep through most of the trip which he has done before. About 2+ hrs into the trip Chase wakes up and starts babbling in his sing songy way. After about 20 minutes of this I hear him hiccup so I turn around to look at him and say something (my wife is driving) and he smiles at me this huge smile and then proceeds to puke all over himself. I'm not sure what exactly he ate but I know some of it was peas and it stunk to high heaven. We had to pull over and change him and put his puked-on jammies and blankets in the trunk and it still reeked pretty bad the whole way down. He probably would have cried the whole trip after that but I'm not ashamed to say that a portable DVD player and a Baby Einstein DVD were on hand and that got him calmed down straight away.

He had diarrhea the next few days so the pediatrician said to just keep him pumped full of pedyalite if he seemed fine otherwise. He still ate pretty well, napped regularly, and never ran a fever so that's what we did. Kicked it by the 3rd day.