Cap Room

Moulds leaving is enivitable now. We still have some cap room and we will have even more after EM moves on. So the question remains? What to do with the cap room? Will Ralphie spend to the limit or will we start the seaosn significantly under the cap?

By the way ... I think we have done OK in free agency so far. Not great, but OK. It was a lean year overall. Signing Pickett would have made us look like real players but I will remind everyone that after watching him play for the past 4 years ... he does not "bring it" on every play. I am happy we did not overpay for him but having sure would be a big help.

We still need more talent on the OL and DL. Maybe we will bring in a few vets to plug a hole or two but I still think that stockpiling draft picks and playing the kids is the best rebuilding approach. I sure hope Marv and Co draft several lineman in the first 3-4 rounds.

We are unsettled at QB. If Losman emerges it will do wonders for bringing this team along. This will be the year we really learn about him, if he can't beat out Holcomb or Nall that tells us something. I think we are going to take our lumps this season but hopefully, by January, the trend is upward.

take the 16 million and dont sign another player.

We may lose a bunch of games but here is how you keep the fans coming.

You make beer free at every game. You buy a ticket and you can drink free all day long.

16 million buys a lot of beer. That ought to keep us fans happy...

You make beer free at every game. You buy a ticket and you can drink free all day long.

16 million buys a lot of beer.  That ought to keep us fans happy...

648582[/snapback]

I love it

648582[/snapback]

:doh:

...the famous 10-cent beer game (official name of the promotion was "The Chief Wahoo 10-cent Firewater Night"); Indians vs. Rangers in 1974.

http://www.brainevent.com/be/WackyWeek/twwih/20040530

648582[/snapback]

This is the greatest idea since.......well since beer was invented

I was just running some cap numbers.....with 10 Home games (2 pre-season) that comes out to $1.6 million per game for free beer. With 72,000 seats and 2$ a beer (which we could get cheaper for buying in bulk) that equals just over 11 beers per person per game. You want home field advantage.......you got it!

Guest BackInDaDay
Ralph is buying rollover CD's at 2.5 % interest with it.

648240[/snapback]

Ralph's da man!!

Buy Ralph a new Taurus.  Buy Marv a Rascal to motor around One Bills Drive with.

648287[/snapback]

Don't forget that 32" DAEWOO flatscreen for the missus.

648582[/snapback]

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your new club president!

Then factor in the D.D. for the people coming to the game (lets assume one for every 4 people, cause that typically what an average car holds), children under the drinking age (Lets assume 1 kid for ever 5 adults), and then the people that can't drink 11 beers in a 3 hour period

they might not even need to use all 16 million (especially if the get the beer cheaper with a sponsorship deal and buying in bulk)

Although you may need about 6 million just for extra cleaning staff to clean the puke (if the team is going to be as bad as everyone says they are this year this might be necessary with or without free beer) and the extra police for the drunken rowdeyness.

But I think Ralph would be looking at sellouts for every game

Guest BackInDaDay
Then factor in the D.D. for the people coming to the game (lets assume one for every 4 people, cause that typically what an average car holds), children under the drinking age (Lets assume 1 kid for ever 5 adults), and then the people that can't drink 11 beers in a 3 hour period

they might not even need to use all 16 million (especially if the get the beer cheaper with a sponsorship deal and buying in bulk)

Although you may need about 6 million just for extra cleaning staff to clean the puke (if the team is going to be as bad as everyone says they are this year this might be necessary with or without free beer) and the extra police for the drunken rowdeyness.

648646[/snapback]

...and his new assistant! :doh:

648646[/snapback]

You forgot to factor in the cost of the fence that would have to extend around the entire field to protect the players from the fans. :doh:

I like the idea of front-loading Nate and Willis' contracts. The key is that, while we won't be contenders in 2006, we should not be wasting money this year. Use the money in 07 and 08 when the Bills can contend.

Moulds leaving is enivitable now.  We still have some cap room and we will have even more after EM moves on.  So the question remains?  What to do with the cap room?  Will Ralphie spend to the limit or will we start the seaosn significantly under the cap?

By the way ... I think we have done OK in free agency so far.  Not great, but OK.  It was a lean year overall.  Signing Pickett would have made us look like real players but I will remind everyone that after watching him play for the past 4 years ... he does not "bring it" on every play.  I am happy we did not overpay for him but having sure would be a big help. 

We still need more talent on the OL and DL.  Maybe we will bring in a few vets to plug a hole or two but I still think that stockpiling draft picks and playing the kids is the best rebuilding approach.  I sure hope Marv and Co draft several lineman in the first 3-4 rounds. 

We are unsettled at QB.  If Losman emerges it will do wonders for bringing this team along.  This will be the year we really learn about him, if he can't beat out Holcomb or Nall that tells us something.  I think we are going to take our lumps this season but hopefully, by January, the trend is upward.

648194[/snapback]

Wait a second is your name Captain Obvious