WHY MOVE MOULDS?!!!!

I have been saying this for a while but...

WHY MOVE HIM?

1. He is our best (or 2nd best) reciever

2. He has little trade value

3. There are no better WRs available (possible exception Walker)

4. We dont need cap space

5. Even with additional cap space, there are no FAs out there worth the money.

I dont get it.  Ralph, pay the nice man.  suck it up one more year.  THEN cut him if you need the cap room.  If we go into the season 5 mil under the cap and cut (or traded) moulds, im going to be pizzed

646229[/snapback]

Well, he is driving the trade. The efforts to cut his cap $ were started before the new CBA when there was some real economic uncertainty. Eric got his panties in a bunch, and wants to go elsewhere.

I still think they keep him, and if his option is sit for a year and give up 7 mill...I am thinking he'll blink.

I feel the same way, JimBob.

Points #4 and #5 are important, but oddly enough aren't mentioned that often around here.

And it's sounding like a 4th from the Texans is the best we could possibly get, which is not even close to what Moulds is worth to this team (didn't our backup RB, Henry, get us a 3rd :angry:?).

Also, a lot of the negative comments about the Bills may be coming from Moulds' agent - not Eric himself. If we don't make Moulds take a paycut, I bet he will eventually come around to accepting this team. Does he have any other choice? Not playing this season will cost him money and, for a guy on the wrong side of 30, seriously damage his remaining career.

646241[/snapback]

Kelso,

Henry was a different situation. He was (is) younger and was only making, what, $1.5M and had been a very productive starter, granted for one year. Moulds is 33 and is making huge money.

I personally would liek to keep Mould as well but they are different situations. If Moulds was making $2.5M a year I think he might fetch 2 rounds higher (3rd or 2nd) than we get now (if we trade him).

I dont get it.  Ralph, pay the nice man.  suck it up one more year.  THEN cut him if you need the cap room.  If we go into the season 5 mil under the cap and cut (or traded) moulds, im going to be pizzed

646229[/snapback]

The only problem I see with that is if they wait until next year they still have to deal with the dead cap space next year.

If Moulds said he wanted to stay but just wouldn't take a pay cut, that would be one thing. But he has said (through the personal advisor) that he would not play for the Buffalo Bills. He wants to go...let him. Having a guy like that around this season isn't going to anyone any good.

I dont get it.  Ralph, pay the nice man.  suck it up one more year. 

646229[/snapback]

If Moulds would've sucked it up last year & kept his mouth shut, he might not be in the situation he's in now.... very stupid series of moves to make in a crossroads year. :angry:

I just want to correct you a little on this.  He is our best WR, by far.  When one of the others can step up and catch at least 70 balls then we may reconsider but until then not a chance.

646243[/snapback]

Disagree, I will take Evans all day long. He is more of a playmaker and has yet to peak. Yes, Evans benefits from playing with EM but as the season progressed Evans was seeing the double teams, not Moulds.

Add to this Moulds age, his contract, and his attitude.

I just want to correct you a little on this.  He is our best WR, by far.  When one of the others can step up and catch at least 70 balls then we may reconsider but until then not a chance.

646243[/snapback]

why is catching 70 balls so important?????????? lee evans has 16 touchdowns the past two seasons to erics 9 touchdowns over the past two seasons lee evans has a 16.5 average to erics 10.5 since 2002 erics last good year he had 10 td's that season in 03 he had 1 touchdown all season and in 04 he had 5 and last season he had 4.so how is he better than lee?????????????answer he is not look at his average since 98 the last year he was a 20 yard per catch receiver he has dropped every year.another way is to say eric had 10 td's over the past 3 seasons to lees 16 over his past two seasons..lee is better at this stage in their careers.

WHEN has Lee Evans been able to go over the middle, make a tough grab and get licked in the process??? HE'S not that type of receiver! He goes deep, that's what he's good at and that's what he'll do. I don't think he's capable of being the #1 target yet, and he's just about said it in his interviews recently. Can Lee Evans catch wr screen passes and shed tackles like EMO? No, he can't. Can Lee Evans LEAD and teach like EMO can? No, not yet in my opinion. People are taking this too personal..."Eric says he wants out of Buffalo...so screw him" is the majority attitude around here, well folks...nothing is written in stone...things can still be worked out, I just hope they will because I fear our beloved team will be in much worse shape with no EMO around.

WHEN has Lee Evans been able to go over the middle, make a tough grab and get licked in the process??? HE'S not that type of receiver! He goes deep, that's what he's good at and that's what he'll do. I don't think he's capable of being the #1 target yet, and he's just about said it in his interviews recently. Can Lee Evans catch wr screen passes and shed tackles like EMO? No, he can't. Can Lee Evans LEAD and teach like EMO can? No, not yet in my opinion. People are taking this too personal..."Eric says he wants out of Buffalo...so screw him" is the majority attitude around here, well folks...nothing is written in stone...things can still be worked out, I just hope they will because I fear our beloved team will be in much worse shape with no EMO around.

646459[/snapback]

My question:

How do you know this?

What makes you think Evans can't go across the middle and make the tough catch? Have you seen him fail at this? Or is just that since we have Moulds, the obvious choice is to have him go across the middle, and our speedy WR spread the field?

Have you seen him get killed on every WR screen he has been thrown? How many would that be by the way?

And if leading and teaching is throwing a hissy fit and refusing to play, the yes...I absolutely say screw him!

Eric has had many good years here. The last two have not been among them, and now he has burned a very sturdy bridge. If he sticks around and plays hard...great. If not, so what? I just don't get why everyone cares so much one way or the other. And why everyone wants to make up stories (both for Moulds or against him....for Evans or against him) just to make their point.

Listening to the rhetoric it appears the bridges are burned and Moulds will not play for the Bills this year. The Bills will look for any compensation in a trade deal that will allow the Bills to help decide where it is that Moulds goes. Levy floated a 4th out there as an ideal, but I wouldn't be surprised to have him accept less to a.) ensure Moulds is out of the East, b.) get Moulds' contract off the cap, and c.) move on. I would expect that Levy will hold Moulds as long as it takes to convince those interested that the decision now is to trade Moulds. Despite the "we can wait 'til he's cut" mentality, there are teams that are desperate/crazy enough to do the trade to ensure they get Moulds. Houston's a prime example, as Moulds the free agent would obviously take less money to play for the Eagles (his clear desired destination, and why not?) than more money to play for Houston. I don't see Moulds as one to refuse a trade, so that may be the only scenario for Houston to be able to get Moulds...

Faustus...I wasn't making up "stories" I was just sharing my opinion...sorry if you didn't like it!

I see what you mean saying why send Lee over the middle when EMO can do it...but Lee Evans frame is much smaller and i've yet to see him shake tackles like EMO, granted Lee has only played 2 years...Maybe he can do all those things? Maybe i'm wrong?