Give 'em hell Ralphie!

Beerball

Ralph is not going to be at the owners meetings next week in Orlando, but he continues to be vocal about the new CBA. This from USAToday.

Ralphie linky

Go down the page a little, on the right you'll see Bills owner denounces deal. Got to give the guy credit, he's not afraid to stick to his guns.

This new deal is worse than the one we had," said Wilson, not attending the owners meetings in Orlando this week. "You want labor peace, but you also want a fair deal."

"The owners panicked," Wilson said. "

Wonder who will attend the meetings?

Ralph is not going to be at the owners meetings next week in Orlando, but he continues to be vocal about the new CBA.  This from USAToday.

Ralphie linky

Go down the page a little, on the right you'll see Bills owner denounces deal.  Got to give the guy credit, he's not afraid to stick to his guns.

645665[/snapback]

Marv is down there.

Ralph is not going to be at the owners meetings next week in Orlando, but he continues to be vocal about the new CBA.  This from USAToday.

Ralphie linky

Go down the page a little, on the right you'll see Bills owner denounces deal.  Got to give the guy credit, he's not afraid to stick to his guns.

645665[/snapback]

Hey Ralphie - whether the deal is good, bad, or indifferent - IT'S OVER!!!!!

The deal is done - move on. Try being known around the league as a winner, not a whiner.

Anyone have any links to what the CBA entails specifically WRT revenue sharing?  I had an argument with someone who claimed that the top-15 teams would be bankrolling the ENTIRE $850-900M the players would be getting over the next 5 years, while I said that at best it was going to be $30M a year.

645677[/snapback]

I'm probably wrong, but I don't think the CBA and revenue sharing have anything in common. IE, they are separate deals. CBA between players and owners and revenue sharing between the owners only.

I'm probably wrong, but I don't think the CBA and revenue sharing have anything in common.  IE, they are separate deals.  CBA between players and owners and revenue sharing between the owners only.

645713[/snapback]

AFAIK, and to over-simplify, the CBA specifies what percentage of "league revenue" goes to the players (what amounts to the cap). I know what consitutes "league revenue" was a sticking point in the CBA talks, and further, the smaller market teams felt they needed "revenue sharing" concessions in order to be able to still be reasonably profitable under the new cap. There were also concerns over the larger market, larger revenue teams having a larger pool of cash for "cash over cap" (capability to make large outlays of bonus money...). It's all very related, as the CBA works to define not only how much money the players get (salary cap), but where it's coming from (revenue share/"cash over cap pool")....

Hey Ralphie - whether the deal is good, bad, or indifferent - IT'S OVER!!!!!

The deal is done  - move on. Try being known around the league as a winner, not a whiner.

645693[/snapback]

Post your checking acount number and credit card numbers. I want to spend your money. You will be known as a winner, not a whiner.

Deal? ;)