Moulds = 4th round pick

Frez

Id take the texans 4th rounder without a problem. Moulds would be good for that team. Especially for Andre Johnson and any other young wr's there. If Carr cant get it going with possibly reggie bush. eric moulds, andre johnson, well then it'll never happen. I'm sure they'll do a lot to improve their line as well. My early pick for most improved team of 06-07.

It's a shame we can't keep him another year or two. I don't think some people realize what kind of player he really is. I still believe he's the best WR on this roster.

643029[/snapback]

He easily is, and I'd love to keep him around and even have him retire as a Bill, but sometimes you do have to go in a new direction. I think this is one of those times. The money due to moulds could be better served along the trenches thats my only issue with it. Otherwise I'd love to have him stay.

It's a shame we can't keep him another year or two. I don't think some people realize what kind of player he really is. I still believe he's the best WR on this roster.

643029[/snapback]

I agree totally. Its a shame, but people wont realize that until AFTER he is gone.

I still believe he's the best WR on this roster.

643029[/snapback]

Sure, and he will continue to be as long as he gets more chances than Evans who is younger, faster, and better equipped to score touchdowns than is Moulds.

We used the 14th pick of a draft to bring in Evans. At some point, he deserves more work, wouldn't you say?

The asking price is not necessarily going to be the sale price. If there are really several teams ready to put up, then the price will go up. It is a great thing that Houston is in on this. They have the first pick in each round, I believe, so any team that wants to beat them out has to raise the price by a round. In other words, if the Texans are already willing to give up the first pick in the fourth, then any other team has to come up with at least a thrid-rounder to stay in the Moulds sweepstakes.

Wow. That sucks. Considering we'll likely get a 3rd Rd compensation pick for JJ, the value on Moulds is disappointing.

643023[/snapback]

1. The Bills will not get any 3rd round compensatory picks. They were net zero in free agent pick ups and will be lucky to get a 7th rounder.

2. The 4th rounder discussed in relation to Houston is the 1st pick in the 4th round. Likely the Bills would be looking for a 3rd rounder from a different trading partner.

1. The Bills will not get any 3rd round compensatory picks. They were net zero in free agent pick ups and will be lucky to get a 7th rounder.

2. The 4th rounder discussed in relation to Houston is the 1st pick in the 4th round. Likely the Bills would be looking for a 3rd rounder from a different trading partner.

643063[/snapback]

Point 2 - well made. I hadn't thought this one thru and you're right, we'll likely now be able to secure a 3rd for Moulds, which is good value.

Point 1 - I am sure that we are entitled to compensation in some way for the losses last year. I'm inclined to think we may recieve something as has as a 3rd. I need more evidence to back up your claim we'll get nothing.

Point 2 - well made. I hadn't thought this one thru and you're right, we'll likely now be able to secure a 3rd for Moulds, which is good value.

Point 1 - I am sure that we are entitled to compensation in some way for the losses last year. I'm inclined to think we may recieve something as has as a 3rd. I need more evidence to back up your claim we'll get nothing.

643067[/snapback]

Prime factor is determining comp picks is net loss of players in FA.

Bills had a net zero, so the quality of the players they lost is just a marginal factor.

Prime factor is determining comp picks is net loss of players in FA.

Bills had a net zero, so the quality of the players they lost is just a marginal factor.

643087[/snapback]

How do you know the primary factor? I am not saying you are wrong, but I have read several places that the NFL has not discloses what the primary factors are in determining the comp picks.

How do you know the primary factor? I am not saying you are wrong, but I have read several places that the NFL has not discloses what the primary factors are in determining the comp picks.

643096[/snapback]

The were saying this on SIRIUS last night (not that this makes it 100% true).

He easily is, and I'd love to keep him around and even have him retire as a Bill, but sometimes you do have to go in a new direction. I think this is one of those times. The money due to moulds could be better served along the trenches thats my only issue with it. Otherwise I'd love to have him stay.

643031[/snapback]

My only concern is that, will the new regime spend the new cap money on

quality OL and DL ?

My only concern is that, will the new regime spend the new cap money on

quality OL and DL ?

643125[/snapback]

They could probably not do so, only because players such as Bentley and Hutch are gone.

That said, don't overlook the value of the 07 cap savings if we cut Moulds. Between Moulds, Williams and other cuts, the 07 cap savings could be huge!

We could load up the lines with talent next month, and have cash for free agents next year, as well as more draft picks.

Not too shabby if done correctly.