Immigration

Can't answer that, however is it enough to offset the amount of money that is spent on schooling and medical care for the illegals?  It really could just be a wash.

Illegal Immigration Costs in CA Alone

646817[/snapback]

To hell with California. I am still expecting the big one. Got plenty of property in Arizona, and lot's of Ocean Front property signs waiting.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To hell with California.  I am still expecting the big one.  Got plenty of property in Arizona, and lot's of Ocean Front property signs waiting.

646849[/snapback]

It'll be all yours. Imagine all the illegals squeezing in to Arizona if California is gone. At least you'll have lots of cheap labor to build those ocean front home.

It'll be all yours.  Imagine all the illegals squeezing in to Arizona if California is gone.  At least you'll have lots of cheap labor to build those ocean front home.

646897[/snapback]

Exactly. I'll hire cromag to manage them. 6.30 an hour for him. $3 for them :blink:

Exactly.  I'll hire cromag to manage them.  6.30 an hour for him.  $3 for them  :blink:

646901[/snapback]

Oh and just tell your prospective buyers not to pay attention to all the corpses washing up on shore. They'll stop coming in a few years. :P

Oh and just tell your prospective buyers not to pay attention to all the corpses washing up on shore.  They'll stop coming in a few years.   :blink:

646905[/snapback]

I am hoping the sharks and orca's take care of that issue for me. It might be a little difficult to sell if they float up during home showings.

Solyent Green also comes to mind.

To hell with California.  I am still expecting the big one.  Got plenty of property in Arizona, and lot's of Ocean Front property signs waiting.

646849[/snapback]

Lex Luther, is that you?

Chef knows I am just having a little fun.  I love him like the brother I never had, and never wanted.  :P

646929[/snapback]

Yeah, when people find out you can cook they want to hang with you, no matter how much of an **** they think you are. :blink:

The city of Chicago won't enforce any federal laws criminalizing undocumented immigrant workers.

City may buck feds on immigration

If the great immigration debate now raging in Congress is decided in a way that turns illegal immigrants into criminals, Chicago Police officers and other city employees would not enforce it, the City Council decided Wednesday.

Three weeks after a massive rally in Chicago demanding better treatment of immigrants, Chicago aldermen blazed another trail on the red-hot issue.

They turned a 1989 executive order [from Mayor Daley's administration] on immigration into law.

[...]

Daley's executive order states, "No agent or agency shall request information about or otherwise investigate or assist in the investigation of citizenship or residency status of any person unless such an inquiry or investigation is required by statute, ordinance, federal regulation or court decision."

It seems to be a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of policy. Undocumented workers won't be required to reveal their status before receiving city services, and the providers won't ask for their status, or turn them in.

Kind of an interesting development. I wonder if similar laws will spring up around the country pre-emptively defying the proposed Sensenbrenner bill?

The city of Chicago won't enforce any federal laws criminalizing undocumented immigrant workers.

It seems to be a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of policy.  Undocumented workers won't be required to reveal their status before receiving city services, and the providers won't ask for their status, or turn them in.

Kind of an interesting development.  I wonder if similar laws will spring up around the country pre-emptively defying the proposed Sensenbrenner bill?

648621[/snapback]

The Federal Government could end that quickly by simply withholding all Federal funds from any city that refuses to comply. Could you imagine if Chicago had to pay all the Medicaid and welfare on their own.

It seems to be a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of policy.  Undocumented workers won't be required to reveal their status before receiving city services, and the providers won't ask for their status, or turn them in.

Kind of an interesting development.  I wonder if similar laws will spring up around the country pre-emptively defying the proposed Sensenbrenner bill?

648621[/snapback]

The jackass mayor of NYC has chimed in with his views on illegals.

He thinks that these invaders should simply remain.

If you ever have time, google Farmingville, NY. It is a town on Long Island that has been all but taken over by illegals. Listen to what the residents have to say, and many of them are Hispanic.

Interesting discussion on this morning's news. Someone figured out that there is a 10 billion dollar disparity between the cost of services given illegal immigrants vs. the tax revenue they generate. Which is big money. BUT. Giving them some kind of legal status would actually increase the cost differential and drain, as they would then legally become elligble for further government services and programs, but still the majority would be in a low income bracket, paying little in terms of taxes.

Oh, BTW...try not to fly anwhere in a C-5A anytime soon if you can avoid it...

Interesting discussion on this morning's news. Someone figured out that there is a 10 billion dollar disparity between the cost of services given illegal immigrants vs. the tax revenue they generate. Which is big money. BUT. Giving them some kind of legal status would actually increase the cost differential and drain, as they would then legally become elligble for further government services and programs, but still the majority would be in a low income bracket, paying little in terms of taxes.

650428[/snapback]

Was the cost of border security factored in to that?

(Yeah, I know it doesn't "go away"...but there still has to be a cost difference between "legal illegal" vs. "illegal illegal" immigration.)

650428[/snapback]

Bingo!

And the funny thing would be that the ones who are now illegal, if they become legal they will be priced out of jobs by the new illegals. :doh: They're cutting their own throats