Immigration

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he has, to date, shot and killed something like 84 people.  Most of whom were shooting back at him.  I don't recall him ever getting hit by a bullet.

644727[/snapback]

Getting back on topic, that's the daily total for your average illegal gang banger.

Just wondering....have any of you liberals thought about African-Americans wrt the issue of illegal aliens?

African-Americans were forcibly brought here and enslaved. Now, after all that, they are being taxed to pay for the health care and education of border jumping criminals.

Talk about getting screwed! :unsure::P

Hey lefties, is this your plan for our African-American citizens? Will you be really mad if they think it unfair, and refuse to dance to your sickeningly phoney liberal tunes? :)

Yeah, but we're talking Bugs Fricken Bunny!  I was raised on that stuff.

644924[/snapback]

Bugs Bunny isn't cartoons anyway. It's legitimate artwork, as much as the early Disney stuff.

But it figures a dumb !@#$ who doesn't know an "entrenching tool" from a "shovel" and thinks Daddy Day Care was a better movie than Saving Private Ryan wouldn't know art if it walked up and bit him in the ass...

He did have a parachute.  And the nuke was detonated in a valley, with a largish hill between Bauer and it, and I think it was a smallish nuke.  They at least tried to give it a veneer of realism. 

But he has, to date, shot and killed something like 84 people.  Most of whom were shooting back at him.  I don't recall him ever getting hit by a bullet.

644727[/snapback]

He may have been grazed by a bullet a few times. Usually happens towards the end of the season and Bauer just walks it off.

A few "hours" ago this season he cracked a couple ribs but he's OK now as well.

And remember, the 90 or so people he's killed were all killed in four and a half days. Think of all the time he's spent killing in between seasons. Over the course of his life, Jack Bauer has killed roughly 36,000 people.

He may have been grazed by a bullet a few times.  Usually happens towards the end of the season and Bauer just walks it off. 

A few "hours" ago this season he cracked a couple ribs but he's OK now as well.

And remember, the 90 or so people he's killed were all killed in four and a half days.  Think of all the time he's spent killing in between seasons.  Over the course of his life, Jack Bauer has killed roughly 36,000 people.

645041[/snapback]

But he only tortured 9000 of them first. Although he's probably shouted the words "WHERE IS THE...!" about 36000 times.

Has there ever been an episode:  In tonight's episode, hour 18, Jack grabs a bite to eat.  :unsure:

645148[/snapback]

The first season, people actually had lunch at their desks and complained "I'm so tired" the later it got.

Now...well, there's supposed to be an episode where Jack Bauer hurries to the bathroom. Kiefer Sutherland filmed it as a joke (everyone complains "It's so unrealistic, no one ever goes to the bathroom on this show..." To which I usually respond: "Why would you want to see that anyway, you freak?") But they gave serious thought to including it in an episode. I don't know if they did, though.

The first season, people actually had lunch at their desks and complained "I'm so tired" the later it got.

Now...well, there's supposed to be an episode where Jack Bauer hurries to the bathroom.  Kiefer Sutherland filmed it as a joke (everyone complains "It's so unrealistic, no one ever goes to the bathroom on this show..."  To which I usually respond: "Why would you want to see that anyway, you freak?")  But they gave serious thought to including it in an episode.  I don't know if they did, though.

645161[/snapback]

Of all the reality problems with the show, I'd say "no one uses the restroom" has to be #8,547 on my list.

When the left-wing economists writing for the New York Times and The Washington Post start to sound like conservatives you know it might be time to worry...

But if they would be dictators, it would be nice if they could at least be wise (until such time as the people can electorally forcefully project with a violent pedal thrust their regrettable backsides out of town). It was gut-wrenching (which in my case is a substantial event) to watch the senators prattle on in their idle ignorance concerning the manifold economic benefits that will accrue to the body politic if we can just cram a few million more uneducated illegals into the country. ( I guess ignorance loves company.) Beyond the Senate last week, in a remarkable example of intellectual integrity (in the face of the editorial positions of their newspapers) the chief economic columnists for the New York Times and The Washington Post — Paul Krugman and Robert Samuelson, respectively — laid out the sad facts regarding the economics of the matter. Senators, congressmen and Mr. President, please take note.

Regarding the Senate's and the president's guest-worker proposals, The Post's Robert Samuelson writes: "Gosh, they're all bad ideas ... We'd be importing poverty. This isn't because these immigrants aren't hardworking, many are. Nor is it because they don't assimilate, many do. But they generally don't go home, assimilation is slow and the ranks of the poor are constantly replenished ... [it] is a conscious policy of creating poverty in the United States while relieving it in Mexico ... The most lunatic notion is that admitting more poor Latino workers would ease the labor market strains of retiring baby boomers ? Far from softening the social problems of an aging society, more poor immigrants might aggravate them by pitting older retirees against younger Hispanics for limited government benefits ... [Moreover], t's a myth that the U.S. economy 'needs' more poor immigrants.

"The illegal immigrants already here represent only about 4.9 percent of the labor force." (For all Mr. Samuelson's supporting statistics, see his Washington Post column of March 22, from which this is taken.) Likewise, a few days later, the very liberal and often partisan Paul Krugman of the New York Times courageously wrote : "Unfortunately, low-skill immigrants don't pay enough taxes to cover the cost of the [government] benefits they receive ? As the Swiss writer Max Frisch wrote about his own country's experience with immigration, 'We wanted a labor force, but human beings came.' " Mr. Krugman also observed — citing a leading Harvard study — "that U.S. high school dropouts would earn as much as 8 percent more if it weren't for Mexican immigration. That's why it's intellectually dishonest to say, as President Bush does, that immigrants 'do jobs that Americans will not do.' The willingness of Americans to do a job depends on how much that job pays — and the reason some jobs pay too little to attract native-born Americans is competition from poorly paid immigrants." Thusly do the two leading economic writers for the nation's two leading liberal newspapers summarily debunk the economic underpinning of the president's and the Senate's immigration proposals.

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20060328-102545-2371r.htm

When the left-wing economists writing for the New York Times and The Washington Post start to sound like conservatives you know it might be time to worry...

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20060328-102545-2371r.htm

645263[/snapback]

>>>>>Mr. Krugman also observed — citing a leading Harvard study — "that U.S. high school dropouts would earn as much as 8 percent more if it weren't for Mexican immigration. That's why it's intellectually dishonest to say, as President Bush does, that immigrants 'do jobs that Americans will not do.' The willingness of Americans to do a job depends on how much that job pays — and the reason some jobs pay too little to attract native-born Americans is competition from poorly paid immigrants." Thusly do the two leading economic writers for the nation's two leading liberal newspapers summarily debunk the economic underpinning of the president's and the Senate's immigration proposals.<<<<<

The above is the absolute truth. Pols can dance around this issue as they choose, but the cheap labor is simply a gift from Washington to Corporate America, of course at the expense of taxpaying, working people.

>>>>>Mr. Krugman also observed — citing a leading Harvard study — "that U.S. high school dropouts would earn as much as 8 percent more if it weren't for Mexican immigration. That's why it's intellectually dishonest to say, as President Bush does, that immigrants 'do jobs that Americans will not do.' The willingness of Americans to do a job depends on how much that job pays — and the reason some jobs pay too little to attract native-born Americans is competition from poorly paid immigrants." Thusly do the two leading economic writers for the nation's two leading liberal newspapers summarily debunk the economic underpinning of the president's and the Senate's immigration proposals.<<<<<

The above is the absolute truth. Pols can dance around this issue as they choose, but the cheap labor is simply a gift from Washington to Corporate America, of course at the expense of taxpaying, working people.

645296[/snapback]

Check out the photos here:

http://michellemalkin.com/index.htm

I didn't see them on CNN

How many of you are willing to go to a counter protest? How many of you have written your senators? (I emailed Chuck and Billary today... why not do the same?)

Bitching on an internet forum is fun, but unless you speak up, you will not be heard.

How many of you are willing to go to a counter protest? How many of you have written your senators? (I emailed Chuck and Billary today... why not do the same?)

Bitching on an internet forum is fun, but unless you speak up, you will not be heard.

645510[/snapback]

I've done it more than once over a few issues this last month alone.