Mother of all Hockey Fights

slothrop

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the way they used to fight!!!

Anyone remember, I think it was the 1982 Conference Semi's, between Montreal and Quebec? They had something like a 10 minute free-for-all! Some Quebec player got sucker punched by a Canadian's player, and you just saw the Nordique player's nose go "snap"!

Them are the good ole' days!

Anyone remember, I think it was the 1982 Conference Semi's, between Montreal and Quebec?  They had something like a 10 minute free-for-all!  Some Quebec player got sucker punched by a Canadian's player, and you just saw the Nordique player's nose go "snap"!

642044[/snapback]

because back then the players actually cared.

Best hockey fight I ever saw was in the late 80s, St. Catherine's at Hershey for a playoff game.

The first fights in the 1st and 2nd period were classics - five on five, but no one was tossed. Each lasted about 5 mins.

Then, the ulitimate of fights: about 3 minutes left in the game and all hell broke loose. Team against team for over 20 minutes, some were absolutely brutal especially the goalie fight that went on and on. Nearly everyone was tossed and took time to figure out how to finish the game. I don't think they stopped play except for when the puck left the rink. Then they ordered everyone to leave immediately.

I never looked but I wonder if there is video on the net somewhere.

Anyone remember, I think it was the 1982 Conference Semi's, between Montreal and Quebec?  They had something like a 10 minute free-for-all!  Some Quebec player got sucker punched by a Canadian's player, and you just saw the Nordique player's nose go "snap"!

642044[/snapback]

That was unreal. "The Battle of Quebec"

My favorite has to be from the early to mid eighties between the Chicago Blackhawks and Minnesota North Stars. Dino Ciccarelli and I can't remember the other guy wanted to go at it, but the refs kept them apart while the rest of the teams decided to go after each other. It took over 40 minutes to get them separated and for the game to resume.

I like the guy on the other team, trying to skate out of the way while he was swinging his stick.  :P

642147[/snapback]

Are you talking about the guy at the end? He looked like he pointed to his bloodied face and shirt and threw his stick at a guy. He then turned around and scated back to his team very quickly. :P

Are you talking about the guy at the end? He looked like he pointed to his bloodied face and shirt and threw his stick at a guy. He then turned around and scated back to his team very quickly.  :P

642192[/snapback]

Actually, I think the guy pointed at one of the opponents, then did the "throat slash" sign.

CW

Are you talking about the guy at the end? He looked like he pointed to his bloodied face and shirt and threw his stick at a guy. He then turned around and scated back to his team very quickly.  :P

642192[/snapback]

Ok, I gotta go watch this for the 15th time. :P

Ok, I gotta go watch this for the 15th time.  :P

642336[/snapback]

Ok, it was the same guy, but before he made the throat slash gesture. Some trainer was trying to pull him back, he turned around and swung his stick at another player, who turned and high-tailed it out of there.

Ok, it was the same guy, but before he made the throat slash gesture.  Some trainer was trying to pull him back, he turned around and swung his stick at another player, who turned and high-tailed it out of there.

642347[/snapback]

I missed the throat slash sign - LOL! It looks like that guy's head was cut wide open. Earlier he was chasing guys with his stick as well.