Flanigan is a Texan...

Buftex

It appears the Bills are not interested in signing any older offensive linemen, only projects, and journeymen. Kind of like the last administration...Flanigan has signed with the Texans...."hello, Trey, this is Marv....you want to come back and play for the Bills?" I am not seeing many better options.... :blush:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2382179

It appears the Bills are not interested in signing any older offensive linemen, only projects, and journeymen.  Kind of like the last administration...Flanigan has signed with the Texans...."hello, Trey, this is Marv....you want to come back and play for the Bills?"  I am not seeing many better options.... :blush:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2382179

641202[/snapback]

i think the strategy is obvious -- hoard cap room for next year when more cap room is created.......mike williams and lawyer milloy are completely off the cap in '07.........nate will see his cap number reduced, either through an extension or a trade.......fletcher is in the last year of his 5M cap hit contract........takeo will likely be restructured, extended, or released.......the only real problem deal after this season will be moulds, which very well might be resolved this off-season anyway.......

so the bills are targetting young players with an eye towards keeping as much cap room as possible open for '07.........makes sense to me.......

The Packers, who are like 30 million dollars under the cap and have an even worse interior O-Line than we do, didnt seem to motivated to bring him back. That alone is a red flag to me over Flanagan.

To be honest, I'm very happy with Melvin Fowler, I was a fan of him when he came out into the Draft so hey...I got my wish, 5 years later.

Actually, call me silly, but if Teague remains unsigned -- and is willing to come back to Buffalo on the cheap, I would not balk at that. I wouldn't want him as a starter, but he provides smart, veteran depth at multiple positions.

641203[/snapback]

I don't think it is silly at all...I don't know that Teauge is any worse than some of the other guys we have...remember, when he was signend by TD, he came from Denver with a decent reputation as a LT...and then promptly shifted to center...he wasn't real happy about it. Maybe he knew that it wasn't his best position.

I don't know that he could be re-signed as a starter, but he certainly would seem to add some versatility, and experience to the line. Call me nuts, even though the Bills appear to be in the midst of a youth movement, some vetran role players can be beneficial to the young guys learning. Who knows, maybe McNally thinks he is a stiff. All I know is that Teauge had stretches of playing decent football. Another team will sign him for pennies, and feel like they are getting a bargain...like we would, if we were signing him from another team....

I don't think it is silly at all...I don't know that Teauge is any worse than some of the other guys we have...remember, when he was signend by TD, he came from Denver with a decent reputation as a LT...and then promptly shifted to center...he wasn't real happy about it.  Maybe he knew that it wasn't his best position. 

I don't know that he could be re-signed as a starter, but he certainly would seem to add some versatility, and experience to the line.  Call me nuts, even though the Bills appear to be in the midst of a youth movement, some vetran role players can be beneficial to the young guys learning.  Who knows, maybe McNally thinks he is a stiff. All I know is that Teauge had stretches of playing decent football.  Another team will sign him for pennies, and feel like they are getting a bargain...like we would, if we were signing him from another team....

641245[/snapback]

agreed -Teague as a backup at LT would be a good move.