Another Mould Thread

plenzmd1

According to Pollock in the papar this morning, the Bills have already paid Eric a bonus this spring for $5M, and all thats left his $5M salary. Am I understanding this correctly? So if thats the case, if we cut after june 1(even though in CBA we can cut earlier and still prorate) is all the hit we are going to take $2.5 this year.

If thats the case, canages my whole opinion on whats transpired so far.

#1) Makes his trade value go up. I was thinking the bonus wasn't due for a while, and the new team would be on the hook for it. Now, oiif the Bills paid it already, his value in my mind jumps from a 5th or 6 rd, to maybe low 3rd high 4th.

#2) Also makes it way easier to keep him. I was thinking if you release him, you save 10, not 5 million. Now, your only saving 5 and you really need to consider your options.

I have been a levy supporter, but something not making sense here.

If you were going to release him, why pay the bonus?

If your going to keep him, why get in a pissing match over in the press over his salary?

Somebody help me out here

You're right about us saving $5 mil in cap space for cutting him. Although, paying him a bonus is news to me.

5 mil is a lot of money to be spending on an aging, skill declining WR who doesn't want to be here. Especially when we still haven't given Nate his payday and we need another DT and some OG's.

Not to mention, after re-signing Josh Reed and bringing in Andre' Davis; I don't think there's room for Eric anymore. I'm fine with this lineup actually:

Lee Evans

Roscoe Parrish

Josh Reed

Andre' Davis

Sam Aiken

Jonathan Smith

I think the Bills are past the point on being able to just keep him for another year, weither its for full pay or reduced pay. Moulds wants out and will not play for Buffalo anymore

THe Bills would not save 10 million cutting him, at no point in this offseason would we have saved that much. The 5 mil bonus you speak of is part of his signing bonus that carries over to this year on the cap hit and is a cap hit no matter what happens to him. We would save his salary against the cap for this year if he is gone.

According to Pollock in the papar this morning, the Bills have already paid Eric a bonus this spring for $5M, and all thats left his $5M salary. Am I understanding this correctly? So if thats the case, if we cut after june 1(even though in CBA we can cut earlier and still prorate) is all the hit we are going to take $2.5 this year.

If thats the case, canages my whole opinion on whats transpired so far.

#1) Makes his trade value go up. I was thinking the bonus wasn't due for a while, and the new team would be on the hook for it. Now, oiif the Bills paid it already, his value in my mind jumps from a 5th or 6 rd, to maybe low 3rd high 4th.

#2) Also makes it way easier to keep him. I was thinking if you release him, you save 10, not 5 million. Now, your only saving 5 and you really need to consider your options.

I have been a levy supporter, but something not making sense here.

If you were going to release him, why pay the bonus?

If your going to keep him, why get in a pissing match over in the press over his salary?

Somebody help me out here

641073[/snapback]

I think they were expecting him to renogiate and take a paycut and they must be confident they can trade him given the lack of decent FA WR's. If the article you read is correct, it should be easier to move him like you said. Another 3rd rounder would be nice.

I'm sure the bonus wasn't $5M...I think it was $1.1M.

The 'Dead Cap' at the moment is $5.33M (with Amortized bonuses of $3.66M)

If we were to cut him(or trade) at the moment, we would save $5.52M

I assume if we wait till after June 1, we are only up for the Amortized bonus....wasn't there some rule change in the new CBA helping veterans in situations like this??? I think we can cut(trade) now & it acts like it is done after June 1???

I obtained the figures from

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/20...ry_cap_page.php

Ooooh, I've got a headache now :blush:

I think the Bills are past the point on being able to just keep him for another year, weither its for full pay or reduced pay. Moulds wants out and will not play for Buffalo anymore

THe Bills would not save 10 million cutting him, at no point in this offseason would we have saved that much. The 5 mil bonus you speak of is part of his signing bonus that carries over to this year on the cap hit and is a cap hit no matter what happens to him. We would save his salary against the cap for this year if he is gone.

641088[/snapback]

Ahh, i think your right. after re reading his column, it says have already paid, not recently paid. My mistake, and this whole thread was the rantings of a lunatic who can't read.

Sorry guys

Ahh,  i think your right. after re reading his column, it says have already paid, not recently  paid. My mistake, and this whole thread was the rantings of a lunatic who can't read.

Sorry guys

641145[/snapback]

no worries...your last response literally made me lol...which now that I think of it, I'm sure most people who type "lol" wouldn't actually laugh out loud. If they were that jovial, they probably wouldn't be online all the time talking to people they don't know.

Sorry about that...my mind just ran away with itself. :blush:

most people who type "lol" wouldn't actually laugh out loud.  If they were that jovial, they probably wouldn't be online all the time talking to people they don't know. 

:lol::lol::lol:

oops :o ....I mean :lol::lol::lol:

5 mil is a lot of money to be spending on an aging, skill declining WR

641085[/snapback]

Is that why 8 teams (1/4) of the league want him on their team. Not counting teams with low cap room, the fact that the Bills do want to keep him (9 teams now), and teams with low ability to trade ability...

... thats pretty high demand for an "aging, skill declining WR"

Ahh,  i think your right. after re reading his column, it says have already paid, not recently  paid. My mistake, and this whole thread was the rantings of a lunatic who can't read.

Sorry guys

641145[/snapback]

No problamo. One question ...What exactly is the gal in your avatar doing?