Broncos targeting Cutler?

I know it sound great to get Denvers 2 number one picks.......

If they do offer them to move up in the draft I would expect San Francisco to consider biting on them as they are one of the few teams with even more holes than Buffalo.

Of course San Fran is 2 picks ahead of us and that would also put them ahead of the Raiders who might also consider a QB.

640160[/snapback]

I thought we would never see one of the QBs either with the Raiders in front of us, but this morning on Inside The NFL Adam Schefter said that the Raiders(now having Aaron Brooks) will be looking at the second or third round someone like Croyle.

Chad Pennington took a paycut, no?  he can still be cut, Ramsey is a viable backup/starter if they bring in a rook.

640164[/snapback]

Ok Pennington restructured and instead of making 12 million this year he gets a 3 million , and the another 6 million in PLAYING TIME bonus's. So dont call it a paycut if you want, but it leaves the Jets safe if he doesnt come back from his injury.

...or what about Moulds and the #8 pick for both of Dencer's 1st round picks?

640151[/snapback]

That would be giving Moulds away for free, as it would cost just those two picks to move into the #8 slot. Denver would need to add a second or third rounder as well.

That would be giving Moulds away for free, as it would cost just those two picks to move into the #8 slot. Denver would need to add a second or third rounder as well.

640252[/snapback]

Wow..I didn't realize it was that costly.

OK, I have called in an accountant, and he tells me that the #15 and #22 for the #8 and Moulds would be a good deal. :doh: That would be equal to getting the 13th pick in the 2nd round for Moulds.

Now let's do it.

OK, I have called in an accountant, and he tells me that the #15 and #22 for the #8 and Moulds would be a good deal. :huh: That would be equal to getting the 13th pick in the 2nd round for Moulds.

Now let's do it.

640373[/snapback]

ROFLMAO! :doh:

Bills pick is worth 1400

Denvers:

15 - 1050

22 - 780

That's a total of 1830

Rather uneven.

If it went that way we'd probably ahve to give them our second or at least Moulds.

I would still drop to 15 for their second rounder though.

So long as we were still able to get Bunkley or Winston Justice

If SuperMario is going to last that long I'd do whatever it takes to trade with SanFran.

He's the Best defensive player of the draft.

640043[/snapback]

I think the best player in the draft on either side of the ball. I've seen him going anywhere from 2 to 7 recently. We can't trade up to 2, but I would pursue chances to trade up any of the 5-7 teams if it means getting Williams, especially for a team who has other needs or doesn't value him as highly. But I think in the end that would prove too costly, and taking what falls to 8 could be a better overall move, and obviously listening to anybody who wants our pick at 8 enough to make it worth our while to trade down.

I haven't looked at one of those draft value charts lately, but moving from 8 down to 15 would probably only net us Denver's 2nd round pick, rather than their other first rounder.

640039[/snapback]

ATL went from 16 to 29 & got an extra 3rd & 4th. I think if we move from 8 to 15 we get at least a #2 & 3 also, otherwise why trade down that far?

But you have the Jests, not the Saints trading with the Texans. The Saints don't want to draft that high -- they don't even want to pick at #2.

I agree 100% that there is too much pressure being put on Houston to take Bush, but that is just too bad for them. Of course, Casserly could just figure out that he is running that team -- not the fans. The Texans should have thought about all that before they sucked last year. This is bound to be a great draft, and no one is going to want to give up a bunch of picks in it to get the #1 slot.

640090[/snapback]

I agree I think the best they can hope for is a swap this year & additional picks next year & maby the year after ala Atl