Andre Davis

scribo

Link

Dave Faber (Liverpool, NY): Was Kelly Holcomb part of the reason for coming to Buffalo?

AD: He was a big reason. I know what Kelly has gone through, when I was with him in Cleveland. Just to know that he really is a team leader and I really like the way he plays football and is able to lead an offense. And the respect he has from everyone in the huddle. He was a big reason in getting me here to Buffalo.

That was interesting to me. I am sure Marv and Dick spoke with him about this before signing him. If he is going to play here, he needs to realize that the QB position is up for grabs, and Kelly is not likely the Bills' QB of the future.

Other than that, he seemed very focused on telling how fast he is. I hope there is more to the package than speed, becuase last time I checked there were some pretty fast DBs out there, as well.

One other interesting answer:

Darryl Groth (Buffalo, NY): What do you think you bring to the Bills that makes you different than Roscoe Parrish or Lee Evans, who are also speedy, deep threats?

AD: I think I am a little bit bigger than those guys, so you are dealing with a big receiver who is also fast. I think when you put all those skills together, I am a different guy than those guys are.

Link

That was interesting to me. I am sure Marv and Dick spoke with him about this before signing him. If he is going to play here, he needs to realize that the QB position is up for grabs, and Kelly is not likely the Bills' QB of the future.

Other than that, he seemed very focused on telling how fast he is. I hope there is more to the package than speed, becuase last time I checked there were some pretty fast DBs out there, as well.

One other interesting answer:

637941[/snapback]

Here is a summary of the article.

Q:What is your biggest asset?

A: I would have to say speed.

Q:What makes you a good fit in Buffalo.

A: I have great speed.

Q: What is your favorite color?

A: I think my speed makes me a deep threat.

Link

637941[/snapback]

i think that was all just "nice speak".

i don't think Kelly Holcomb had an ounce of influence on Davis coming to Buffalo.

i think that was all just "nice speak".

i don't think Kelly Holcomb had an ounce of influence on Davis coming to Buffalo.

637955[/snapback]

Typical sports speak. I wonder why they bother to do QA at all?

"Well, the Cheerios, Viagara, Republican Party, Depends, Advil chevrolet was runnin' real good. (sips pepsi) Boys put me together a fast race car today. If it weren't for that wall in turn 4 we coulda been a top 5 car. But we have a great team, and a great program and we'll be out there next week at Bristol"

Typical sports speak. I wonder why they bother to do QA at all?

"Well, the Cheerios, Viagara, Republican Party, Depends, Advil chevrolet was runnin' real good. (sips pepsi) Boys put me together a fast race car today. If it weren't for that wall in turn 4 we coulda been a top 5 car. But we have a great team, and a great program and we'll be out there next week at Bristol"

637961[/snapback]

I always love the football half-time walkoffs:

Reporter: Coach, you're heading into the locker room down by 3. What do you think you need to do in the second half to win?

Coach: Well, we gotta run the ball and stop the run, we gotta get more yards passing and stop them from getting more yards passing, we gotta make fewer mistakes...

which translates to: Ummmm, score at least 4 more points than they do?

Just to add more to the Andre Davis and Kelly Holcomb link, just take a wild guess who Kelly Holcomb's center was in 2003 when he got his only real chance to start?

Yep, C Melvin Fowler, who just happens to be in town today.

637989[/snapback]

Fowler?? He should've been an NBA player. His role would've been to be a tough guy like Danny Fortson who made the tough fouls to stop guys from driving to the hoop. :devil:

Well, he probably will get a lot of looks and passes from Holcomb. Like when the second offense scrimmages the first defense in practice.

638165[/snapback]

Maybe you're right. I'm curious to see whether Craig Nall will be good enough to send Holcomb to the bench.

Maybe you're right. I'm curious to see whether Craig Nall will be good enough to send Holcomb to the bench.

638540[/snapback]

We all know JP is not.

Does everyone know that JP was the worst QB all offseason last year. He didnt even practice good.

I dont know how the Bills just said here JP, have an NFL starting job.

Atleast Rob Johnson looked like the best QB on the team in practice.

I got the same impression.....all he kept doing was talking about his speed.....nothing about routes.....catching in traffic or moving the chains.....I hope he just doesn't run Fly Patterns all day

I got the same impression.....all he kept doing was talking about his speed.....nothing about routes.....catching in traffic or moving the chains.....I hope he just doesn't run Fly Patterns all day

638646[/snapback]

It's hard to judge a guy based on some interview like that. A lot of times those things can get edited down, or the reporter may only write down part of what you're telling him. I'll go by what I see on the field--or at least by what scouting services say--rather than the man's own words as filtered through a reporter and an editor.

We all know JP is not.

Does everyone know that JP was the worst QB all offseason last year.  He didnt even practice good.

I dont know how the Bills just said here JP, have an NFL starting job.

Atleast Rob Johnson looked like the best QB on the team in practice.

638587[/snapback]

Sometimes, the truth hurts!