HUTCH to MINN.......

sven233

Chawks got hosed in this deal.  Hope it comes back to bite Minnie right in the a$$.

637568[/snapback]

I doubt it will because Hutch is one of the best left guards in the league. Minnesota had the cap room and made a big offer for him. The Vikings are going to get an outstanding player.

seattle did get screwed in this.

its all about how the contract was drawn up. they made it so there was no way seattle could match the offer. seattle would have had to garentee the entire 48 million (i think that was the final total), but the vikings would not have to garentee the 48 mil.

i do believe this is in violation of the rules, and they got screwed.

EDIT: the only good thing about this deal for seattle, is now they have a great (if hes back to 100%) LB.

I doubt it will because Hutch is one of the best left guards in the league.  Minnesota had the cap room and made a big offer for him.  The Vikings are going to get an outstanding player.

637573[/snapback]

They structured a 'crooked' deal. Not questioning that they signed him, but the method. Seattle got hosed, and Minnie will get theirs someday.

First the Super Bowl refs, now this. The NFL just set a dangerous precedent by allowing this.

637858[/snapback]

i remember hearing something on espn about this.

they refered to a bills restricted free agent (several years back) who signed an offer sheet that required him to be the highest paid player on the team. at the time kelly was the highest paid player on the bills. so if the bills wanted to match the offer they would have had to reduce kellys money. the bills wernt willing to do this, so the restricted FA went to the other team.

the NFL later agreed that this was no longer allowed.

so i am still trying to figure out how the NFL allowed this to happen to seattle.

i remember hearing something on espn about this.

they refered to a bills restricted free agent (several years back) who signed an offer sheet that required him to be the highest paid player on the team. at the time kelly was the highest paid player on the bills. so if the bills wanted to match the offer they would have had to reduce kellys money. the bills wernt willing to do this, so the restricted FA went to the other team.

the NFL later agreed that this was no longer allowed.

so i am still trying to figure out how the NFL allowed this to happen to seattle.

637873[/snapback]

That was the Will Wolford/Colts deal.

Parity.

637891[/snapback]

why have transition tags at all if the NFL allows the second team to put clauses into the contract which makes it imposible for the original team to match the offer?

its just stupid.

why have transition tags at all if the NFL allows the second team to put clauses into the contract which makes it imposible for the original team to match the offer?

its just stupid.

637932[/snapback]

More like crooked.