To all who say 7 games isn't enough to judge JP

Please. We'll make this simple.

Quarterbacks

(1) Click on any QB who has made 2000 completions.

(2) Note their 1st year passing percentage.

(3) Write down the number of seasons until they got into the 60% range.

(4) The answer is usually 3 years, and almost never 1-2.

636805[/snapback]

Where does 60% come from? Losman isn't even at *50%*.

Moreover, Eli Manning as a rookie broke 65% twice.... Losman - never.

JDG

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does 60% come from?   Losman isn't even at *50%*.

JDG

636818[/snapback]

How much time has Losman logged behind a solid Oline? 5 minutes? I'm going back to the abortions he had at Tulane as well. Guy doesn't work miracles so he's crap. How much was Mularky f'ing him over? In my view, plenty.

How much time has Losman logged behind a solid Oline?  5 minutes?  I'm going back to the abortions he had at Tulane as well.  Guy doesn't work miracles so he's crap.  How much was Mularky f'ing him over?  In my view, plenty.

636833[/snapback]

Well said. I find this thread to be ridiculous. So I guess next year when Aaron Rodgers starts for Green Bay, if he's not as good as Favre they should cut him in the 2007 camp? He is a "second-year pro". He's had all the time he needs!

FACTS:

1) Jesus couldn't QB the Bills behind the o-line we had

2) Mularkey didn't give up on Losman, he went all in on Holcombe to save his job.

3) 7 periodic starts with the looming spector of an idiot coach pulling you at any time doesn't allow you to develop ANY rhythm under center.

4) In the Miami game. Losman showed what he could do in 15 minutes. Then Captain Mularkey dialed down the offence, took it out of JP's hands and look what happened.

5) Guaranteed there are 15 teams that would LOVE to see JP released so they can work with him.

I'd love to see what Mike Martz would do with JP.

You should know as well as anyone that you can't go chasing your losses. 

What we invested in Losman is irrelvant - the question is how much more (i.e. in terms of failed NFL starts) do we keep investing?

JDG

636804[/snapback]

One full year. Probably two. He hasn't had one yet.

How much time has Losman logged behind a solid Oline?  5 minutes?  I'm going back to the abortions he had at Tulane as well.  Guy doesn't work miracles so he's crap.  How much was Mularky f'ing him over?  In my view, plenty.

636833[/snapback]

And yet Holcomb looked decent behind that crappy line.

636849[/snapback]

Define "decent". Frankly, he looked just as shaky at times. Not to mention, how many years has he been in the league? A first year (essentially) QB will feel the pressure of a blitz far more than the grizzled journeyman from CLEVELAND. If he still panics this year, then I'll take the knee and say JP was a flop. BUT GIVE HIM MORE TIME.

636833[/snapback]

No one's asking for miracles - I'd definitely settle for "below average."

The problem is, Losman hasn't just not been "below average" or even "just plain bad", he's been abysmal.

JDG

636849[/snapback]

RE: Manning vs. Losman stats. I'm not looking it up, mostly because I don't care enough. Percentage to me means little, if it's not productive. How many attempts vs completions? How many resulted in first downs? YPC? How many interceptions? How many running yards per game? YPC for the runner? How many sacks? Don't all of these (and others) come into play when trying to judge a QB's performance?

Where does 60% come from?  Losman isn't even at *50%*.

JDG

636818[/snapback]

Your an ass...do you really want to argue that Eli's 1st season was significantly better than JP's? Honestly? OK, how about this:

1) JP has a BETTER completion % in his 1st year than Eli does.

2) JP has a significantly HIGHER QB rating than Eli did (65 vs 55)

3) JP threw for MORE TDs and FEWER INT's than Eli did

(And Eli had ~80 more pass attempts than JP)

4) JP threw for over 1300 yards, Eli had 1000 yards

(And JP also ran for 150+ yards)

5) JP had a higher yards per pass attempt than Eli (5.9 vs. 5.3)

You say "Moreover, Eli Manning as a rookie broke 65% twice.... Losman - never."

I say"Moreover, Eli Manning as a rookie broke 30% twice.....Losman - never."

--> Eli had a game where he went 4 for 18 -- 4 for 18!!!

Do you understand? You can spin the numbers however u like. Bottom line is they both have very similar stats in the 1st year....not great. But your argument that Eli was better than JP his 1st year is wrong. If anything, JP had a BETTER year than Eli did over the same portion of their careers. Quite a bit better by the stats.

BTW, you also didn't read that post you replied to....says the duration of time BEFORE a QB completes 60% over a season is usually a few years....nobody said JP HAD a 60% completion rate!

You need to do some homework before you come spewing your nonsense.

One full year. Probably two. He hasn't had one yet.

636847[/snapback]

Man, you really know how to piss me off. If Losman gets hurt again this year, are you still going to say that "he hasn't had a full year."

I'm all for letting Losman develop - but Losman *must* at least play at the level of "bad" or above. Note, I am not even saying that Losman has to be "good" - heck, I'm not even saying that he has to be "mediocre." I'm just asking for him to be "bad" (or higher.) And if Losman trots out two sub-50% completion stinkers again this year like he did last year, then he absolutely better find himself on the bench.

JDG

Man, you really know how to piss me off.    If Losman gets hurt again this year, are you still going to say that "he hasn't had a full year."

I'm all for letting Losman develop - but Losman *must* at least play at the level of "bad" or above.  Note, I am not even saying that Losman has to be "good" - heck, I'm not even saying that he has to be "mediocre."  I'm just asking for him to be "bad" (or higher.)  And if Losman trots out two sub-50% completion stinkers again this year like he did last year, then he absolutely better find himself on the bench.

JDG

636871[/snapback]

Here's a list of QB's JDG would have cut if he was ever a GM based on one to two years performance:

1) Peyton Manning

2) Brett Favre

3) Carson Palmer

4) Drew Brees

5) Eli Manning

FACE FACTS! Very few QB's look good after 7 starts. Most are in fact, TERRIBLE.

Define "decent".  Frankly, he looked just as shaky at times.  Not to mention, how many years has he been in the league?  A first year (essentially) QB will feel the pressure of a blitz far more than the grizzled journeyman from CLEVELAND.  If he still panics this year, then I'll take the knee and say JP was a flop.  BUT GIVE HIM MORE TIME.

636854[/snapback]

How much more. As you say Holcomb should look better he had 9 years. Do we give JP 9 years to look decent.

Thanks, but I'll pass.

Your an ass...do you really want to argue that Eli's 1st season was significantly better than JP's?  Honestly?  OK, how about this:

1) JP has a BETTER completion % in his 1st year than Eli does. 

2) JP has a significantly HIGHER QB rating than Eli did (65 vs 55)

3)  JP threw for MORE TDs and FEWER INT's than Eli did

4)  JP threw for over 1300 yards, Eli had 1000 yards

(And JP also ran for 150+ yards)

5) JP had a higher yards per pass attempt than Eli (5.9 vs. 5.3)

You say "Moreover, Eli Manning as a rookie broke 65% twice.... Losman - never."

I say"Moreover, Eli Manning as a rookie broke 30% twice.....Losman - never."

--> Eli had a game where he went 4 for 18 -- 4 for 18!!! 

Do you understand?  You can spin the numbers however u like.  Bottom line is they both have very similar stats in the 1st year....not great.  But your argument that Eli was better than JP his 1st year is wrong.  If anything, JP had a BETTER year than Eli did over the same portion of their careers.  Quite a bit better by the stats.

BTW, you also didn't read that post you replied to....says the duration of time BEFORE a QB completes 60% over a season is usually a few years....nobody said JP HAD a 60% completion rate!

You need to do some homework before you come spewing your nonsense.

636866[/snapback]

Come on man, don't piss on his crusade with a logical argument.

The dude only has 5 thoughts:

1- JP's completion percentage sucks.

2- JP's QB rating sucks.

3- JP's completion percentage sucks.

4- JP's worse then Eli was in his first year. (I call BS, and uninformed. Gains him tons of credibility) :lol:

5- JP's completion percentage sucks.

:lol:

Here's a list of QB's JDG would have cut if he was ever a GM based on one to two years performance:

1) Peyton Manning

2) Brett Favre

3) Carson Palmer

4) Drew Brees

5) Eli Manning

FACE FACTS!  Very few QB's look good after 7 starts.  Most are in fact, TERRIBLE.

636878[/snapback]

Losman started 8 games.

You might want to start with some ACTUAL facts before you start arguing. It usually adds more credence to the arguement. :lol:

How much more.  As you say Holcomb should look better he had 9 years.  Do we give JP 9 years to look decent.

Thanks, but I'll pass.

636882[/snapback]

No, but you aren't helping your cause by crusading for Joey Harrington.

No, but you aren't helping your cause by crusading for Joey Harrington.

636894[/snapback]

I'm not crusading for Joey. I think Joey sucks. my point was they gave up on him early, and while he played some last year, they obviously wish they would have cut bait earlier, because well it was obvious after 2 years, Joey, sucked.