Could the next NFL commisioner be...

OK first this:

"Rice says she is a deeply religious woman from the South who believes in democracy and football. In fact, she loves the sport so much, she used to work out with the Stanford football team and has said she would like to be the NFL commissioner someday. "

cnn.com

Then this:

"SMILEY: All right. So, OK, if not governor of California in a couple of years, how are your plans coming for your role as NFL commissioner? "

"Dr. RICE: I'm still waiting. Now I told Paul Tagliabue I didn't want the job till he retired, so I'm willing to wait. "

The Tavis Smiley Show: June 13, 2003

So, if she becomes the commissioner... this is a sure sign they will be dropping bombs on the CBA in six years...

(HA?)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would prefer to see Condi as the commissiner of the NFL, as opposed to any of the various positions her current boss thinks she is qualified for....

636626[/snapback]

what do you have against condi? enthrall me with your acumen.

it's amazing how many people minimize her accomplishments and integrity just because she's the appointee of a dud.

if she was the appointee of a clinton, we'd already have streets in washington named after her.

it's amazing how many people minimize her accomplishments and integrity just because she's the appointee of a dud.

if she was the appointee of a clinton, we'd already have streets in washington named after her.

636630[/snapback]

Her mastery of the Great Deception and Lies about the need for a war on Iraq should be enough.

Thousands are dead due to a bunch of pathological liars.

Her mastery of the Great Deception and Lies about the need for a war on Iraq should be enough.

Thousands are dead due to a bunch of pathological liars.

636656[/snapback]

another short view sheep. baaaah.

every relevant dem agreed that the intel merited the move. the intel was bad. it's hard to argue that the war was a good move, *in hindsight*, but it was based on bad intel, not deliberate lies as your lemming head claims. your belief that she's a master of deception is sad and pathetic. she's done more good things than you'll ever dream of doing. go back to the La-Z-Boy and open a new bag o' chips.

636630[/snapback]

Sorry, I find her as integrity as questionable as anyone else in the administration. I find your Clinton comment kind of patronizing, and revealing...all I have seen from her, time and again, like the "dud", is that she is clueless, or as dishonest as anyone else in that administration. Hardly the "shining star" that they keep telling us she is....but I can live with her as commissioner of the NFL!

Sorry, I find her as integrity as questionable as anyone else in the administration.  I find your Clinton comment kind of patronizing, and revealing...all I have seen from her, time and again, like the "dud", is that she is clueless, or as dishonest as anyone else in that administration.

636678[/snapback]

"revealing"? revealing what?

Is Cindy Sheehan is your hero?

"revealing"? revealing what?

Is Cindy Sheehan is your hero?

636684[/snapback]

Okay, Nod, tell me, dazzle me with your acumen. What has Condi done, beyond all the PR BS, that impresses you so much? She is obviously intelligent..big deal! A lot of politicians are intelligent. I just haven't seen any of this incredible integrity on display anywhere.

She would be fine as NFL commissioner...not much of a transition going from one mega corporation to another...

Again, criticize Condi Rice, and you must automatically idolize Cindy Sheehan? Or be a blind Clinton fanatic? I think she stands on her own merits, as being mediocre...which is about as nice a thing as I can say about anyone of Bushs' cabinet, but is not saying much as a whole....

Ok so we all have diffrent opinions on her as far as the US gov't goes... BUT the real thoughts that should be provoked include ;

Is she capable? Is a security advisor more qualified than a lawyer?

Would more women in this country start to love football? (or hate it less!!?)

To me this would solidify that her gender/ race had nothing to do with the hiring and we can do away with affirmative action...

I would prefer to see Condi as the commissiner of the NFL, as opposed to any of the various positions her current boss thinks she is qualified for....

636626[/snapback]

Do those include the missionary position?

Ok so we all have diffrent opinions on her as far as the US gov't goes... BUT the real thoughts that should be provoked include ;

Is she capable? Is a security advisor more qualified than a lawyer?

Would more women in this country start to love football? (or hate it less!!?)

To me this would solidify that her gender/ race had nothing to do with the hiring and we can do away with affirmative action...

636691[/snapback]

She's very smart, and has a lot of negotiating experience (being the Secretary of State, and all) that could come in handy. Has been a huge football fan for many years. As to whether she has enough inside knowledge of the league? Who knows? Probably nowhere near as much as someone with years of football only experience. But I don't see that as a disqualifier. Would be happier with more high level business experience. But, all in all, don't see why not.

Just checked. We have a "Politics, Polls, and Pundits" section.

Get this thread outa here.

636771[/snapback]

Tried to take it back to the correct path, which is football related. Maybe people can play nice now.

Yea and the new NFL commissioner has nothing to do with football...guess i should have taken a nap...

636786[/snapback]

I thought it was nice that someone actually started a non dump JP/Marv sucks/Sign __ thread.