Could JP Losman be on his way out?

LMAO...Kirwan is an absolute moron if he thinks the Bills cut ties with Losman this season.  makes no sense capwise, rosterwise.

634504[/snapback]

this is totally wrong.

the bills could afford cutting JP in a snap -- check the cap numbers he won't cost much to cut.

i don't see why you people think kirwan is a moron.

he said it isn't out of the realm of possibilities that the bills would take a QB, and it isn't.

it is at least possible that the bills will grab a qb at #8, particularly if leinart or cutler fall that far.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on the road listening to Serius yesterday and caught Kirwin and Ryan talking about the Bills and what they should do at number eight.  Kirwan said it wouldn't be out of the realm if the Bills drafted a Qb with their pick - Cutler if he were there and then cut their ties with JP.  He mentioned that it wouldn't cost them much against the Cap as a hit for cutting him.  He also said the new regime Levy and Co. didn't have any ties to Losman so it would make it easier for them to do it.

I think he's nuts cause I'd give JP another year to prove himself but Cutler looks pretty good to me.

Any thoughts??

634501[/snapback]

My thought is that Pat Kirwin pulled that idea out of his butt.

His half-assed offensive lineman detector must have shorted out or something.

I realize Losman has only had 8 starts but honestly this staff has no connection to him. This staff didn't draft him. He's not "their guy" in that sense. Now that they might think he could be the qb of the future, but it's not out of the realm of possibilty that they could take a qb. I'd gladly drop Losman for Matt Leinart for cutler or young no thank you.

I realize Losman has only had 8 starts but honestly this staff has no connection to him. This staff didn't draft him. He's not "their guy" in that sense. Now that they might think he could be the qb of the future, but it's not out of the realm of possibilty that they could take a qb.  I'd gladly drop Losman for Matt Leinart for cutler or young no thank you.

634824[/snapback]

Ok, who's going to be blocking for your new improved QB of the future? Or for your buddy Willis for that matter. The Bills need to address the offensive line for the 1,000,000th time.

I realize Losman has only had 8 starts but honestly this staff has no connection to him. This staff didn't draft him. He's not "their guy" in that sense. Now that they might think he could be the qb of the future, but it's not out of the realm of possibilty that they could take a qb.  I'd gladly drop Losman for Matt Leinart for cutler or young no thank you.

634824[/snapback]

Chances are 2 of those 3 are going to be gone by #8. And I am not nearly as enamored as Cutler as many round these parts.

Ok, who's going to be blocking for your new improved QB of the future? Or for your buddy Willis for that matter. The Bills need to address the offensive line for the 1,000,000th time.

634846[/snapback]

No sh-- ya dont say, but that doesn't mean they can't adress the offensive line just cause they pick a qb in the first rd. Theres only one offensive linemen worth drafting at 8 anyway and Dbrick will be gone by then. We do have more then 1 pick in the draft last time I checked. This excuse doesn't fly. We need linemen, I know that you know that everyone knows that. I wasn't advocating trading up to draft leinart. I was simply saying if Leinart falls to us I'd rather have him then Losman. This has no basis as "DRAFT LEINART AND NO LINEMEN" :devil:

634824[/snapback]

No ties. No commitment.

JP's history - he was benched for poor performance. He was out because of injury. Twice! His not playing wasn't all due to the prior staff loyalty to Holcomb. They needed Losman to succeed more than anyone.

Unfortunately for all of us, he's not a winner. Never has been. Plus he's not very accurate!

I say cut him, play Holcomb and draft a Rookie. Maybe in the first, but not necessarily. Whitehurst is an option and so is Brodie Coyle.

However, I am a fan of ML and his additions so far. If JP stays, then its probably the right thing for the team.

No sh-- ya dont say, but that doesn't mean they can't adress the offensive line just cause they pick a qb in the first rd.  Theres only one offensive linemen worth drafting at 8 anyway and Dbrick will be gone by then.  We do have more then 1 pick in the draft last time I checked.  This excuse doesn't fly. We need linemen, I know that you know that everyone knows that.  I wasn't advocating trading up to draft leinart. I was simply saying if Leinart falls to us I'd rather have him then Losman.  This has no basis as "DRAFT LEINART AND NO LINEMEN"  :lol:

634848[/snapback]

Picking a franchise quaterback in the first round is a total crapshot. History tells every GM and football fan this fact without a doubt. The Bills can not afford to do this because they currently have gaping holes in their interior lines. The Bills either must pick a can't miss type like Ferguson, Williams, Hawk, or Davis or they must trade down and pick a lineman like Mangold in the first round. If you've ever seen Leinart play you'll realize that he stands a snowball's chance in hell behind our offensive line. At least JP Losman has wheels and can throw the deep ball, these are two things Leinart can't do.

Picking a franchise quaterback in the first round is a total crapshot. History tells every GM and football fan this fact without a doubt. The Bills can not afford to do this because they currently have gaping holes in their interior lines. The Bills either must pick a can't miss type like Ferguson, Williams, Hawk, or Davis or they must trade down and pick a lineman like Mangold in the first round. If you've ever seen Leinart play you'll realize that he stands a snowball's chance in hell behind our offensive line. At least JP Losman has wheels and can throw the deep ball, these are two things Leinart can't do.

634860[/snapback]

I agree half-way. It is a crap shoot, and most fail. That said, I see no reason to assume Leinhart or Young would fail too... One just doesn't know, and I'd be very nervous about spending yet more pics at those odds.

I agree half-way.  It is a crap shoot,  and most fail.  That said,  I see no reason to assume Leinhart or Young would fail too...  One just doesn't know,  and I'd be very nervous about spending yet more pics at those odds.

634876[/snapback]

I didn't assume they'd fail. I just suggested that the Bills are in no position to gamble on one of them.

I would do it in a heart beat. Losman is a bust , I dont care if you throw the hogs out in front of him. He doesnt have it. So yes marv, make the deal, draft a QB and get on with rebuilding the Bills. You should have gotten Drew Brees when he was available. All you morons who say that " I dont care what QB we have its the line that has to be addressed first. Joe Montana could'nt suceed here with this line" . Your right, but a franchise QB like Brees doesnt come around too often. We blew it.  Draft Cutler and start him immediatley. Or Leinert. I dont care. Just tired of JP. TD blew another pick just like he did with MW.

634518[/snapback]

Tired of JP after 7 games? What a moron, are you sure you not a pin head fish fan? I am all for another QB in camp, but JP isnt going anywhere...

The Bills are a team in transition. A team of the future. They should draft the best available player period. San Diego did that with Brees and then with Rivers. ONe of them was bound to be good. The Bills did it with TH and then Magahee. Draft the best player. They can't go wrong.

The Bills are a team in transition.  A team of the future.  They should draft the best available player period.  San Diego did that with Brees and then with Rivers.  ONe of them was bound to be good.  The Bills did it with TH and then Magahee.  Draft the best player.  They can't go wrong.

634958[/snapback]

BINGO!!! We have a winner. If Matt Leinart is the best available player when the bills pick then that should be the guy they go with. Just like if Mario Williams is the best available player that should be the guy. You don't reach for talent just because you have to fill a space.

According to Clumpy's cap page it will cost us $1,680,750 to keep him if we cut/trade him it will cost us $3.696 Million. That's an additional $2.389 Million to get rid of him. Sorry to dissapoint anyone but JP's not going anywhere this year. Next year is a different story.

Clumpy's cap page

Picking a franchise quaterback in the first round is a total crapshot. History tells every GM and football fan this fact without a doubt.

634860[/snapback]

Bingo! The Bills should avoid taking a chance on a QB, and going with a sure thing in a lineman. History shows that every lineman--offensive or defensive--chosen in the first round turns out to be a solid player at the very least. The Bills proved this by taking Erik Flowers in the 1st back in 2000, and Mike Williams 4th overall in 2002.

I would do it in a heart beat. Losman is a bust , I dont care if you throw the hogs out in front of him. He doesnt have it. So yes marv, make the deal, draft a QB and get on with rebuilding the Bills. You should have gotten Drew Brees when he was available. All you morons who say that " I dont care what QB we have its the line that has to be addressed first. Joe Montana could'nt suceed here with this line" . Your right, but a franchise QB like Brees doesnt come around too often. We blew it.  Draft Cutler and start him immediatley. Or Leinert. I dont care. Just tired of JP. TD blew another pick just like he did with MW.

634518[/snapback]

Wow. Another quick look on TBD and another post that makes you want to duct tape your head so it doesn't explode. JP may fail but if he does turn out to be a stud I hope every single !@#$ that posts stuff like this needs to meet somewhere so they can be flogged. Cutler and JP are so similar coming out of college its crazy. Neither won a big game. Both have footwork issues, and strong arms. And both are tremendous athletes. I say we find a way to draft all 3 QBs in this draft that are going in the first and give them each 12 passes in the first game of the season. Whoever completes more gets the starting job for a decade. 8 fuc*ing games this kid has started, so according to your logic your beloved Brees should have been well out of the NFL by his first 16 games.

I spent several days in camp,

634890[/snapback]

Mr. Woodbury???

According to Clumpy's cap page it will cost us $1,680,750 to keep him if we cut/trade him it will cost us $3.696 Million.  That's an additional $2.389 Million to get rid of him.  Sorry to dissapoint anyone but JP's not going anywhere this year.  Next year is a different story. 

Clumpy's cap page

634986[/snapback]

Oh, but according to our self-proclaimed capologist Colin that isn't that much and it could be done in a snap..... :lol: