THE gameday thread

beerme1

Sabres are starting Miller who has been struggling the last few games. Despite this, and with the help of Marty the team is still managing to win :)

They have been playing too sloppy lately giving up too many goals.

It catches up to them tonight.

The Leafs are in a do or die situation again. :lol:

However the Leafs will realize this afternoon at about 5:58 that Punch Imlach is dead and will take it to the Sabres tonight :devil:

The Sabres current streak will end, but they will start another on Saturday against Ottawa.

Leafs 5-3

Sabres are starting Miller who has been struggling the last few games. Despite this, and with the help of Marty the team is still managing to win  :)

They have been playing too sloppy lately giving up too many goals.

It catches up to them tonight.

The Leafs are in a do or die situation again.  :lol:

However the Leafs will realize this afternoon at about 5:58 that Punch Imlach is dead and will take it to the Sabres tonight  :devil:

The Sabres current streak will end, but they will start another on Saturday against Ottawa.

Leafs 5-3

632012[/snapback]

We're 8-1 in since the break. Struggling? So what.. Your goalie is allowed to struggle (if you want to call it that) when your forwards put points on the board. Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Marty only started one of those 9 games vs. Boston?

We're 8-1 in since the break.  Struggling?  So what..  Your goalie is allowed to struggle (if you want to call it that) when your forwards put points on the board.  Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Marty only started one of those 9 games vs. Boston?

632036[/snapback]

I'm not sure but he did bail the team out after Lindy pulled Miller and let Marty start the third and it worked.

Marty has helped just by being there. Being a good guy, a huge team guy.

if you think Marty "bailed" us out of that game you are sadly mistaken. He had to make 2 saves at most... Our forwards played great in the third period, for whatever reason, they did it again. Once again, the TEAM won the game. I love Marty and I'm very glad we have him to back up if we need him. Marty is a TEAM guy and is a great guy in general, he gets a back rap sometimes for being a happy go lucky guy, but his teammates have ALWAYS loved him and he never lets things get him down too much.

I will be sad to see him go after the season, if we could find a way to pay him and Miller what they deserve I'd love to have them both, but we all know (unfortunately) that Biron will probably be shipped somewhere else. One reason why video games are better than real life, I can keep both of them :devil:

what was the point of this post, again?

if you think Marty "bailed" us out of that game you are sadly mistaken.  He had to make 2 saves at most... Our forwards played great in the third period, for whatever reason, they did it again. 

what was the point of this post, again?

632124[/snapback]

Marty simply had to be inserted and the team woke up, therefore he bailed them out regardless of how many stops he had to make.

He has special powers ya know? :lol:

How dare you.

632141[/snapback]

Just keepin it real bro, keepin it real. Well that and crossing my fingers! :)

Anyone wishing to purchase beer for me tonight I will be in sec. 104 row 16 seat 13 or so. You will be able to recognize me by the Leaf jersey :devil:

Anyone wishing to purchase beer for me tonight I will be in sec. 104 row 16 seat 13 or so. You will be able to recognize me by the Leaf jersey  :devil:

632158[/snapback]

And by the end of the 2nd period, your drunk leaf buddy next to you will dump his beer all over you, beacuse that "Lets Go Buff-a-lo!" chant that was in your head slipped out of your mouth :)

And by the end of the 2nd period, your drunk leaf buddy next to you will dump his beer all over you, beacuse that "Lets Go Buff-a-lo!" chant that was in your head slipped out of your mouth  :devil:

632228[/snapback]

No, I go with 3 Sabres fans :lol: I can't stand to be around the idiot Leaf fans! :)

Hey Gordie, It looks like the Leafs are ready to pull it together, eh?

632253[/snapback]

Oh for sure EH, looks like their starting to gel at the right time :lol:

Bring out the tin foil heads!

Just keepin it real bro, keepin it real. Well that and crossing my fingers!  :D

No no, you must be confused ---- we're *not* talking about the Bills. We've determined that the Sabres have enough cowbell.

No no, you must be confused ---- we're *not* talking about the Bills. We've determined that the Sabres have enough cowbell.

632914[/snapback]

mcjeff, going to the game Monday? Huge contingent of Sabres last time. Unfortunately I'll be out of town and had to pass my tickets along...to Sabres fans of course.

Great win for the Sabres, and Boston managed to beat Ottawa in a shootout, so we are 1 point behind going into the game Saturday...a win would put us in 1st in the division!

Beerme1, only 33 more days until you can sneak off that Leaf wagon and hop on for Buffalo's run to the cup :-)