Comment on Takeo Spikes interview from

I was surprised to hear the following answer from Takeo:

Q: Has Marv Levy, Dick Jauron or defensive coordinator Perry Fewell spoken to you yet?

TS: "No I haven't spoken to anybody yet."

It just seems like basic common sense that Levy, Jauron or Fewell -

would have at least picked up the phone to say hello to him.

Hey- maybe even wish him well with his rehab?

Why is Holcomb helping to recruit free agents and Spikes does not even warrant a phone call ?

But if the injury is that bad and nobody knows about except the trainers than maybe they will try to unload him.

Spikes may be my favorite Bill so I don't want to lose him. But players have been known to not be the same after these injuries.

Why is Holcomb helping to recruit free agents and Spikes does not even warrant a phone call ?

631945[/snapback]

Another one of those journalistic liberties that everyone is blowing out of proportion. Hoolcomb is staying in Buffalo during the off-season. Takeo is staying in Atlanta...

I was surprised to hear the following answer from Takeo:

Q: Has Marv Levy, Dick Jauron or defensive coordinator Perry Fewell spoken to you yet?

TS: "No I haven't spoken to anybody yet."

It just seems like basic common sense that Levy, Jauron or Fewell -

would have at least picked up the phone to say hello to him.

Hey- maybe even wish him well with his rehab?

631945[/snapback]

Why does he warrant a phone call? Levy and the coaches have enough problems trying to build a crap team from the ground up, plus they have to say "hi" to all the players who are currently under contact? I'm sure they are up to date on his rehab status, and they can say hi when he comes to camp.

First off Holcomb is doing what every member of every team is doing....trying to recruit their buddies/fellow NFL'ers to come to his team. Nothing wrong with that. Spikes should be doing the same but i have had the feeling since Mid-last season that he is somewhat removed from the team (by choice). He attended one game (at Miami) but other than that you can read between the lines that he hasn't been anywhere near the team or Buffalo.

Maybe Spikes is not in the plans. Trade maybe? I dunno.

Crowell (who played pretty darn well but is no Spikes), Fletcher, Hawk?

Even though I still don't think Hawk makes it past GB.

631949[/snapback]

Crowell made a few plays in pass defense, but I wasn't impressed with his run stopping ability. Seemed to be out of position a fair amount and frankly, making tackles on runs 6-7 yards downfield isn't what one wants. Under 3 yards, now that's when pluging the run is done well. Crowell isn't there yet, and it's a coin toss as to if he ever will be. With a year under his belt (starting), he steps up or he's fodder.

Why does he warrant a phone call?  Levy and the coaches have enough problems trying to build a crap team from the ground up, plus they have to say "hi" to all the players who are currently under contact?  I'm sure they are up to date on his rehab status, and they can say hi when he comes to camp.

632107[/snapback]

Still haven't had a bowel movement today have you?

:devil: Or is this your normal state of being?

Why does he warrant a phone call?  Levy and the coaches have enough problems trying to build a crap team from the ground up, plus they have to say "hi" to all the players who are currently under contact?  I'm sure they are up to date on his rehab status, and they can say hi when he comes to camp.

632107[/snapback]

i tend to agree with you. these guys have a gigantic effing mess on their hands. they're a little busy now.