NFL Draft- Opinions change so fast

I do not know about all of you....but my opinions on who I would like to see the Bills draft have changed SO much over the lat 2 months...first it was "get Da'Brick"....now that seems impossible...then it was "boy Mario Williams would be the best idea"....not that sure now...then it was "Vernon Davis is a huge weapon, Buffalo MUST get him" and now I am not that sure...

Now with this article about Marv perhaps questioning JP...and now that NO and maybe even the Jets are out of the running for a QB...could QB Matt Leinart be the best option right at this moment for Buffalo?

Yes.

Reasons:

1. Face for the franchise- Was a legend at USC....gives the Bills a "face for the franchise" that a lot of football fans are familar with

2. His character- Seems like a good character guy

3. Big game experience- Has LOADS of it, played BRILLIANTLY in pressure situations, and has a better arm then most think

4. Most ready for the NFL- I think Leinart can step in right away and succeed, and will be a top performer for years to come.

How many of you have changed who you want to see the Bills draft more then 3 times like me??? :lol:

I do not know about all of you....but my opinions on who I would like to see the Bills draft have changed SO much over the lat 2 months...first it was "get Da'Brick"....now that seems impossible...then it was "boy Mario Williams would be the best idea"....not that sure now...then it was "Vernon Davis is a huge weapon, Buffalo MUST get him" and now I am not that sure...

Now with this article about Marv perhaps questioning JP...and now that NO and maybe even the Jets are out of the running for a QB...could QB Matt Leinart be the best option right at this moment for Buffalo?

Yes.

Reasons:

1. Face for the franchise- Was a legend at USC....gives the Bills a "face for the franchise" that a lot of football fans are familar with

3. Big game experience- Has LOADS of it, played BRILLIANTLY in pressure situations, and has a better arm then most think

4. Most ready for the NFL- I think Leinart can step in right away and succeed, and will be a top performer for years to come.

How many of you have changed who you want to see the Bills draft more then 3 times like me???  0:)

631742[/snapback]

You may be right but everytime I see him it's like looking at RJ all over again! :lol:

631742[/snapback]

But which OL will block for him ? He will not have the one from USC...

But which OL will block for him ?  He will not have the one from USC...

631774[/snapback]

You can say the same for Vince Young as well.

And the RJ comparison to Leinart? Not even close....just because they went to the same college? Leinart is 100X better

I guess I just gave in to the "Bills should consider a QB" disease.  I extend my apologies to you, and here is 3 Advil to ease that headache!  :lol:

631781[/snapback]

Oh, I'm well past Advil. The oxycondone is running low.

I don't know what the answer is. I know the blind epileptic squirrel isn't it. I know Holcomb and his noodle arm isn't it. Holcomb while not great looked decent and made the line look semi-decent. I know a smart, good QB can make a line look a lot better. That said, if Leinart had the arm of Losman, and the smarts of Holcomb, I would say yes. I just don't really know.

Harrington and Ramsey are too much intelligence on the field wise like Losman that i wouldn't want either.

Again, I don't know the answer, but right now it scares me that the best option we have can't throw the ball 20 yards down field, and we seem to be stocking up on speed receivers.

I don't know what the answer is.  I know the blind epileptic squirrel isn't it.  I know Holcomb and his noodle arm isn't it.  Holcomb while not great looked decent and made the line look semi-decent.  I know a smart, good QB can make a line look a lot better.  That said, if Leinart had the arm of Losman, and the smarts of Holcomb, I would say yes.  I just don't really know. 

Harrington and Ramsey are too much intelligence on the field wise like Losman that i wouldn't want either. 

Again, I don't know the answer, but right now it scares me that the best option we have can't throw the ball 20 yards down field, and we seem to be stocking up on speed receivers.

631785[/snapback]

Good post VABills...and about Leinart...he has very good pocket awareness...and I do have confidence he can make the throws down the field to best utilize the speedy receivers of the Bills.

Pull the trigger Marv and get 'er done!

One other thing: Do a lot of you see the Titants taking Leinart with the Norm Chow connection in Tennessee? Norm is still in Tennessee correct?

If drated here, Leinart will look like the whiny b*tch that Brady becomes any time he gets sacked, on a regular basis.

Don't matter who's back there if the center is stepping on his ankles.

631807[/snapback]

And we come full circle once again. I still wonder what's being thought about a center. Rebuilding a line calls for a pretty good anchor. That is one solid FA move I would have loved to have seen, but the pickings are slim, now. Flanagan is probably the best left, and he can get pushed around, being light. Relies on technique and angles. Without solid guards very possible he'd be an ankle stepper. Past him, I don't know.

Yes.

Reasons:

How many of you have changed who you want to see the Bills draft more then 3 times like me???  :devil:

631742[/snapback]

Wouldn't that be around 3 first round picks spent in about 4 years to try and get a decent QB?

Enough already, lets build a dominant offensive line and I'll bet that suddenly whatever idiot we have back there ends up all pro. How else do you think Del Homme, Gannon, Dilfer, Collins, etc, ever ended up in a Super Bowl?

Wouldn't that be around 3 first round picks spent in about 4 years to try and get a decent QB?

Enough already, lets build a dominant offensive line and I'll bet that suddenly whatever idiot we have back there ends up all pro.  How else do you think Del Homme, Gannon, Dilfer, Collins, etc, ever ended up in a Super Bowl?

631842[/snapback]

I think It all depends on if marv wants his own guy in there

One minute JP is our QB of the future who is suppose to be eased into the job and MANAGE the team. Now after being forced to CARRY the team in his 2nd year when he obviously wasn't ready but showed flashes, we are ready to give JP 8 games and now all off a sudden draft another QB? It doesn't make since. Maybe San Fran or GB should draft a QB as well for I would much rather have JP than Alex Smith or AJ Rodgers and they have higher picks than we do. If they can stay put, avoid the temptation, give their QBs time to develop, and add more talent then I think we should do the same. I know Favre hasn't retired yet but who knows? I could see if JP had started for 3 years or even a whole season but 8 games? The worse move for the Bills would be to start Holcomb as this would set us back years. Also drafting another QB high in the draft that doesn't pan out will set us back 5 years if he doesn't pan out. If Jp doesn't pan out in 2-3 years then we could ad a free agent QB IF we add the other pieces to the puzzle and the QB is the only thing holding us back. If we draft a QB then we would have to invest 5 years in him plus pay JP to sit on the bench or possibly trade him and watch him blossom on another squad.

I think It all depends on if marv wants his own guy in there

631846[/snapback]

Jim Kelly was not Marv's "own guy," remember that? Marv inherited him, as Jimbo finally came to play after a couple USFL years. Then, it was a couple more years before the team made the playoffs. But let's forget all that because Losman wasn't great after 8 games. Let's not bother to try for greatness. Let's just get good enough to go exactly nowhere, 1 or 2 first-round playoff exits if we're lucky.