Woodard, Cedric DT NO

Killings, Cedric DT Washington

RFA

Franklin, Aubrayo DT Baltimore 5th comp

King, Kenny DT Arizona 5th comp

Moorehead, Kindal DT Carolina 5th

Allen, Kenderick DT NY Giants Right of refusal

Players to take a look at in my opinion are:

Kindal Moorehead from Carolina (played in 15 games 23 tackles, 5 sacks, 1FF, 3 Pass Def)

Grady Jackson from GB (Played all 16 games last year, can take up space for Tripplett)

If Grady comes cheap he's worth getting to take up Sam Adams role in this defense. He played all 16 games last year so I'm not as worried about injuries as others are. I'd be happy to have him rotate with a solid rookie DT we get in the draft.

Moorehead has played well the past 2 seasons in Carolina and would definately be worth a 5th round. 61 tackles and 7 sacks in two seasons aren't bad stats playing behind Brentson Buckner.

That said, I'm still convinced we need to grab a DT in the draft no matter what/who we get. However, should we sign one of those two we can afford to use the 1st rounder on the best impact player at a position we need (Ngata, Huff, maybe Hawk if we falls.)

Here's the current list of of UFA and RFA DTs in the NFL:

UFA

Edwards, Ron DT Buffalo

Pope, Monsanto  DT Denver

Dalton, Lional DT KC

Jasper, Edward DT Oakland

Smith, Kenny DT Oakland

Kolodziej, Ross DT Arizona

Jackson, Grady DT Green Bay

Whitehead, Willie DT NO

Woodard, Cedric DT NO

RFA

King, Kenny DT Arizona            5th comp

Kindal Moorehead from Carolina (played in 15 games 23 tackles, 5 sacks, 1FF, 3 Pass Def)

Grady Jackson from GB (Played all 16 games last year, can take up space for Tripplett)

If Grady comes cheap he's worth getting to take up Sam Adams role in this defense.  He played all 16 games last year so I'm not as worried about injuries as others are.  I'd be happy to have him rotate with a solid rookie DT we get in the draft.

Moorehead has played well the past 2 seasons in Carolina and would definately be worth a 5th round.  61 tackles and 7 sacks in two seasons aren't bad stats playing behind Brentson Buckner. 

That said, I'm still convinced we need to grab a DT in the draft no matter what/who we get.  However, should we sign one of those two we can afford to use the 1st rounder on the best impact player at a position we need (Ngata, Huff, maybe Hawk if we falls.)

631065[/snapback]

Now that's what you call bottom feeding!!!!!!

UFA

Edwards, Ron DT Buffalo

Dalton, Lional DT KC

Smith, Kenny DT Oakland

Whitehead, Willie DT NO

Woodard, Cedric DT NO

RFA

If Grady comes cheap he's worth getting to take up Sam Adams role in this defense.  He played all 16 games last year so I'm not as worried about injuries as others are.  I'd be happy to have him rotate with a solid rookie DT we get in the draft.

Moorehead has played well the past 2 seasons in Carolina and would definately be worth a 5th round.  61 tackles and 7 sacks in two seasons aren't bad stats playing behind Brentson Buckner. 

That said, I'm still convinced we need to grab a DT in the draft no matter what/who we get.  However, should we sign one of those two we can afford to use the 1st rounder on the best impact player at a position we need (Ngata, Huff, maybe Hawk if we falls.)

631065[/snapback]

Anybody with the name POPE will do........this team needs alot of praying for!

631065[/snapback]

I'm worried that Jackson would be this year's version of Bennie Anderson. Cheap but ineffective.

UFA

Edwards, Ron DT Buffalo

Dalton, Lional DT KC

Smith, Kenny DT Oakland

Whitehead, Willie DT NO

Woodard, Cedric DT NO

RFA

631065[/snapback]

What about Russell Davis from the Cards??? He's not bad

What about Russell Davis from the Cards??? He's not bad

631122[/snapback]

You know I missed him...he was listed as a NT on the NFL.com listings. He's not a bad choice...but he's coming off a torn biceps injury he suffered in late September. I've not heard how well he's recovering from that injury, but arm injuries to lineman scare me. I'll do some more digging and see what I can find.

Update on Davis...Arizona will not be resigning him, they offered him less than 1 mil. Davis was in talks with Seattle on the 12th per KFFL.

If Arizona isnt going to pay him they are either really concerned with the injury recovery, or they are sold on Kolodziej

Update on Davis...Arizona will not be re-signing him, they offered him less than 1 mil.  Davis was in talks with Seattle on the 12th per KFFL.

If Arizona isnt going to pay him they are either really concerned with the injury recovery, or they are sold on Kolodziej

631148[/snapback]

They already have Darnell Dockett manning one DT spot they also signed former Giant/Steeler Kendrick Clancy. They probably tried to get Davis on the cheap and when he balked spent some of their cap money on Clancy. I'm hesitatant to take Davis inpart because of his injury too but think he's the best of what's out there.

Although Kenny Smith is also intriguing as he was coming into his own two years ago but got hurt and missed all of last season.

I'm worried that Jackson would be this year's version of Bennie Anderson.  Cheap but ineffective.

631106[/snapback]

I don't think Grady will come cheap at all. This is probably his last chance to get a good contract and will try as hard as he can to maximize this contract. I would bet he is looking for at least 4 mil per year for a 3 year contract.

Is that the Kenny Smith that dominated the Orange Bowl from Ohio State?

631381[/snapback]

No, it's the Kenny Smith from Alabama that thought we should have taken instead of Ron Edwards in 2001. Here's a link to a predraft bio. Ironically enough I think you're thinking of Kenny Peterson that Green Bay traded up for with us to get in 2003 which we turned into Angelo Crowell and Sam Aiken.