Cross Reggie Wells off our list.....

Cardinals | Team would likely match any offer Wells receives

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:26:47 -0800

Kent Somers, of the Arizona Republic, reports the Arizona Cardinals would likely match any offer restricted free agent OG Reggie Wells (Cardinals) receives, unless another team offers him an outrageous contract. The Cardinals are currently $14 million under the salary cap, making it hard for a team to structure a deal the Cardinals can't match.

If we offer him an outrageous contract, i'll flip out. Some people are worth it, but I doubt an unproven Cardinal OG coming off a major ankle injury is.

we could at least offer him something to try to see if they really will. media speculation really should not affect the decision to give him an offer or not.

plus, what if we value him higher than they do.

either way, I'm glad to know we brought in and looked at a guy that has some desire from his existing team to keep him.

What do you expect Arizona to say? This is obviously meant to save them either a player or at least some cash. If they don't come out and say this, the Bills could make an offer, what ever it is, it would be more than the tender, so 'Zona would either have to pay more or lose Wells.

If the Bills want him, which I hope they do, they will make an offer and force the Cards to put their money where their mouth is.

What do you expect Arizona to say? This is obviously meant to save them either a player or at least some cash. If they don't come out and say this, the Bills could make an offer, what ever it is, it would be more than the tender, so 'Zona would either have to pay more or lose Wells.

If the Bills want him, which I hope they do, they will make an offer and force the Cards to put their money where their mouth is.

630567[/snapback]

Bingo!

I'm glad to know we brought in and looked at a guy that has some desire from his existing team to keep him.

630563[/snapback]

As much as no one here wants to believe, Gibbs was disapointed Buffalo got Royal cause he wanted to bring him back for next year and was only cut cause of financial reasons

But he sucks cause he wasn't an explosive offensive weapon or Bentley.