BREES A SAINT

Saints | Six-year deal reached with Brees

Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:45:18 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the New Orleans Saints have reached a six-year deal with free agent QB Drew Brees (Chargers). Financial terms of the deal are not yet available.

That didn't take very long. Looks like the Saints will draft Super Mario now

The Saints will trade the 2nd pick to the Jets who will take Leinart while the Saints take either Hawk or DBrick

628928[/snapback]

10 bones says they stay put and take Super Mario

Brees should keep his home in California and rent a place in NO, this way he won't have to buy it back when the saints are moved to LA. j/k

Well I think this draft is going to have the first QB drafted going to the jets. This will hurt the bills cause with less QB's taken between 1-7 there are going to be alot of other position players taken early. Trading down is starting to sound like a bad deal.

10 bones says they stay put and take Super Mario

628932[/snapback]

The Saints have Will Smith and Charles Grant

They have enough holes to fill where they cant worry about taking a superstar to take a superstar.

Didn't Grant play behind Darren Howard though until he was suspended or inactive or whatever?

628968[/snapback]

According to cbssportsline grant played in all 16 games last year, and howard (who is an eagle now) played in 12.

Big risk.  wonder how his shoulder is? I wish him the best as he seemed a great leader and a talented guy, but I wouldn't be willing to sink a lot of money into him.

628920[/snapback]

I agree. I don't know a lot about the Saint's OL (and they had a mobile qb IIRC), but SD's did well protecting Brees. As well as providing him a top-notch versatile run/pass RB and a reliable TE, and a decent defensive squad.