Post your pic thread

Chilly

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she never won anything lol

in tennis you are noone unless you have a championship.  plus i also argued that sharapova was hotter lol

631325[/snapback]

"Kournikova was a member of the Russian delegation to the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, Georgia. In 1997, as a 16-year old, she reached the semi-finals of Wimbledon, where she lost to the eventual champion, Martina Hingis by a score of 6-3, 6-2. 1998 was her breakthrough year, when she broke into the WTA's top 20 rankings for the first time and scored impressive victories over Martina Hingis, Lindsay Davenport, and Steffi Graf. Kournikova's two Grand Slam doubles titles came in 1999 and 2002, both at the Australian Open in the Women's Doubles event with partner Martina Hingis, with whom she played frequently starting in 1999."

I think anyone who can beat Hingis, Davenport, and Graf, plus win a couple of doubles Grand Slam titles is pretty fuggin' good - no matter what some non-achiever says.

"Kournikova was a member of the Russian delegation to the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, Georgia. In 1997, as a 16-year old, she reached the semi-finals of Wimbledon, where she lost to the eventual champion, Martina Hingis by a score of 6-3, 6-2. 1998 was her breakthrough year, when she broke into the WTA's top 20 rankings for the first time and scored impressive victories over Martina Hingis, Lindsay Davenport, and Steffi Graf. Kournikova's two Grand Slam doubles titles came in 1999 and 2002, both at the Australian Open in the Women's Doubles event with partner Martina Hingis, with whom she played frequently starting in 1999."

I think anyone who can beat Hingis, Davenport, and Graf, plus win a couple of doubles Grand Slam titles is pretty fuggin' good - no matter what some non-achiever says.

631338[/snapback]

jeez, i didn't realize you were such a fan. i stand corrected.

jeez, i didn't realize you were such a fan.

631347[/snapback]

I'm not. I just find it irritating when people claim she wasn't any good/sucked, etc... when clearly she was a pretty good pro. Was she better than her contemporaries? Occasionally yes, consistently no. Did she receive attention disproportionate to her accomplishments? Absolutely... but whose fault is that?

I'm not. I just find it irritating when people claim she wasn't any good/sucked, etc... when clearly she was a pretty good pro.  Was she better than her contemporaries? Occasionally yes, consistently no.  Did she receive attention disproportionate to her accomplishments? Absolutely... but whose fault is that?

631366[/snapback]

i agree, i was just stating that i found she was overrated. it's not her fault that she has crazy legs or that she got a lot of attention because she was going out with fedorov, and enrique iglesias. i just always prefered sharapova.

I know breaking the rules, but I double dog dare you.  :lol:

631413[/snapback]

I'd do it too, because you know I don't give a sh--. I'm just not advanced enough to have a digital camera. Someone has to support Kodak.

Just for you, -b..........I changed my Personal Picture to the one of me, you and Lori from a few years ago. Mmmmmmmm........beer. 0:)

631180[/snapback]

Frightening. :P

I'd put up a personal pic in my profile, but I've grown quite attached to the one I have there at the moment... :lol:

CTM why are you so bitter at everybody?  Did you get picked on as a boy?

631508[/snapback]

He's just mad because a). his life is run by a couple of cats, and b). BF used to bitchslap him on a constant basis.

:lol:0:)

1) I'm not bitter.  I'm cynical.

2) I'm not cynical or bitter towards everyone.  Just idiots.  Right now, pretty much just you.

631568[/snapback]

no you're bitter. i've seen you talk sh-- to a lot more people than just me so maybe you're delusional as well?