Skins seriously overpaid for Randel El...

CJPearl2

Prior to signing with the Skins, the Bears offered Randel El a 6 years $18 million contract with an $8 million signing bonus. The Skins then signed him for a 7 year $31 million contract with an $11.5 million signing bonus.[/b]

Not even in the same ballpark. Now, I think that Randel El is a special player. But is he a glorified special team player that can, every once in a while, make a great trick play. But the Skins offense is not the Steeler and not equiped to execute those type of trick plays.

Oh yeah, and he only had 35 catches last year.

Obviously everyone already knows this, but Snyder is nothing but a buisness man. It has been posted many times how much he charges for seats/boxes/parking, etc...

How do you keep people spending money for years to come? Give them name players. That's all he's doing. Anyone who thinks Randle El is worth even close to that much money knows (cares) nothing about football.

Obviously everyone already knows this, but Snyder is nothing but a buisness man.  It has been posted many times how much he charges for seats/boxes/parking, etc...

How do you keep people spending money for years to come?  Give them name players.  That's all he's doing.  Anyone who thinks Randle El is worth even close to that much money knows (cares) nothing about football.

626708[/snapback]

Yup, he's this board's kind of guy: sign "players we know" the first day in free agency at whatever the cost (and pass the savings along to the customer...) :(

Prior to signing with the Skins, the Bears offered Randel El a 6 years $18 million contract with an $8 million signing bonus. The Skins then signed him for a 7 year $31 million contract with an $11.5 million signing bonus.[/b]

Not even in the same ballpark. Now, I think that Randel El is a special player. But is he a glorified special team player that can, every once in a while, make a great trick play. But the Skins offense is not the Steeler and not equiped to execute those type of trick plays.

626697[/snapback]

I agree, that is a lot of money for a player, but if he's anything like he was in the playoffs last year, then the Redskins got a very good/clutch player.

If he can get this contract, there must be a serious lake of WR out there. We should have no problem trading Moulds. While we are at it lets see if the Skins want to buy the naming rights to the Pease Bridge and some waterfront property to develop.

626697[/snapback]

626697[/snapback]

Ya Think ??? I thought he was stupid to turn down the Bears offer but then in comes old Danny Boy and poof peal another layer off the stupid onion.