Will Witherspoon is a Ram

huh?

625986[/snapback]

Here's what I wish the Bills FA signings looked like:

the Rams have added defensive tackle La'Roi Glover, Wil Witherspoon and safety Corey Chavous to their defense.

Nice pick-ups for the Rams.

It takes some blue chippers to make a difference (i.e. Cornelius Bennett, Bryce Paup, Takeo Spikes)

I can't exactly say Robert Royal fits into the blue chipper category. But who knows?

the Rams have added defensive tackle La'Roi Glover, Wil Witherspoon and safety Corey Chavous to their defense.

It takes some blue chippers to make a difference (i.e. Cornelius Bennett, Bryce Paup, Takeo Spikes)

I can't exactly say Robert Royal fits into the blue chipper category. But who knows?

626034[/snapback]

The Rams had to do something. Their defense was horrible. Last year they signed Chris Claiborne, who sucked, and Dexter Coakley, whom I thought had retired. He should've. Both were a waste of money.

Their defense is already vastly improved. I especially like the Witherspoon signing.

626034[/snapback]

Not that I disagree with you in principle, yeah a team does need some blue chip players to win.

That being said I'm not sure you can point to the Super Bowl winners in the past, oh, 10 years or so, and say that the guys that made the difference were blue chip players they picked up in FA. Just look at the Pats and the Steelers. They were selective in FA and most of their impact players were guys they drafted themselves.

I wasn't (and am still not) a big fan of the Marv hiring, but I haven't seen anything he's doing yet that makes me scratch my head and wonder, "WTF is he doing!!!" All of these signings seem pretty straightforward: They're value players at need positions.

The best way of getting blue chip players isn't in FA, a team must draft them.

626034[/snapback]

I smell 2003 Buffalo Bills: DT Sam Adams, LB Takeo Spikes, S Milloy. :D