Have the Bills upgraded?

Gambler

I see Triplett, Royal, and Davis replacing Sam Adams, Mark Campbell and Josh Reed.

Are these upgrades, downgrades or breakeven moves?

We won't know for awhile, but I would be interested to know what everybody thinks so far.

Maybe this should be a poll question.

I see Triplett, Royal, and Davis replacing Sam Adams, Mark Campbell and Josh Reed.

625875[/snapback]

I see Triplett > Edwards. Marv already said they're going after a wide body to replace SA.

Royal > Cambell from a blocking perspective.

Davis > Reed from an upside potential perspective.

I'm not so sure about Adams. However, Campbell and Reed never did anything to warrant being retained even as long as they were, let alone another year. So even trade or not, I'm all for dumping those guys.

I see Triplett > Edwards,  Marv already said they're going after a wide body to replace SA.

625879[/snapback]

Good point. I see Triplett replacing Edwards/Anderson as the undertackle. So I think the only way to compare the offseason so far is:

Royal+Davis+Triplett vs. Adams+Edwards+Milloy+Campbell+Reed

We're not ahead yet, but we're getting there.

I'm not so sure about Adams.  However, Campbell and Reed never did anything to warrant being retained even as long as they were, let alone another year.  So even trade or not, I'm all for dumping those guys.

625880[/snapback]

exactly, dont think about the talent level of the players we dumped, think of what they actually gave us. Campbell and Reed did absolutely nothing.

Tripplett is a nice upgrade over the horrible 2005 edition of Fat Sam.

Campbell was a Browns scrub that I never liked from the get-go, so if Royal can block, I'd say it's another upgrade... may pull out the Skins playoff games to see how he looked.

I only remember Davis for a few plays, namely that 99-yard TD pass on Prime Time... hard to call this one, Reed may be better with a change of scenery, but I like Davis' speed & apparent ST skills.