Andre Davis has signed!!!

Spanky46

IS THIS right?  WOW?  For Andre Davis?

625531[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that was a joke in refrence to what we gave Robert Royal, I hope anyways. Anybody found the specifics on his contract yet?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a potential replacement for Moulds - Davis isn't close to him in terms of ability.

Like others have said, he's very good at running in straight lines as his two best skills were as a gunner and as a fly pattern WR. They gave him an end around opportunity in the playoffs and he had a nice highlight reel type run for a a first down. He seems like a great guy - comes to work, plays football, does what the team asks him to do.

The two biggest concerns are going to be his health and integrating him usefully into the offense. He needs to improve in the middle of the field, and given his size, he really should be able to do more in the red area.

He's not an impact player, but he's an NFL player that can contribute if he can avoid that pesky injury bug.

he is a physical guy who can break huge plays.

i think our new OC wants to have a whole bunch of targets out on the field so that we can run or pass from any formation without showing tendencies.

625468[/snapback]

One would hope our coaches would use some common sense, unlike, well, you know...

p.s. Travis Henry just threw another option pass.

John Clayton reporting on ESPN Insider that the Davis deal is one year for $1.3 Million. Interesting....

So we start with $15 Million...the cap figures for '06 of the three new Bills probably work out something like this..

Royal $500K Amoritized Bonus, Vet Minimum Salary $600K - Cap hit $1.1 Million

Tripplett $1.1 Million Amoritized Bonus, probably 1.5 Million Salary--$2.6 Million

Davis-$1.3 Milllion cap hit

So three free agents; $5.0 Million cap hit...three holes filled..and still plenty of money to spend.....plus if we keep Moulds--he probably converts some base salary to signing bonus and maybe a one or two year extension to get more money up front..this may cover the rookie cap needed so the $10M may be money left to spend--still lots of cash...enough to sign a pricey DT and 2 OL's....

Gee, don't let the "we're doomed!" croud here you say that.  :lol:

626095[/snapback]

I know--but I really try to look on my fanship of the Bills as enjoyment rather than some form of martyrdom.....oh well--call me crazy...call my pollyanna...call me a Marv/Ralph butt boy..... <_<

No one really likes 5-11 seasons and 7 years out of the playoffs--but lets give these new/old guys a chance....read the quotes from David Dunn, Tripplett's agent--

"In three hours he became enamored with Levy and Jauron"....hopefully this is a disease that is catchy--

He covers Josh reed , but with his return ability I really thisnk he just took Fast freddies place on the roster. I expect Moulds, Evans ,Davis,Aiken, and parrish to be the top 5 with a practice squadm guy ( can't remember his name but was lighting it up in camp ) to be the 6th if they keep one. Moulds will basically be playing one year and if he can't bring it either Davis wins his slot or Aiken becomes the position reciever.

Hey pollyanna, where's that number from?  Do we know what Triplett's contract is?

626159[/snapback]

Pure speculation my martyr friend. The total contract was reported to be 5 years.$5.5M SB and $18 Million total value. So $5.5 Million SB for a five year contract--the amoritized bonus is correct..I am figuring that the first year of the contract is a relatively tame salary year with a couple $4M salary years packed into the last couple.

Same concept with Royal...low bases the first couple of years and then escalating..

There are probably bonuses and other incentives--but this gives some basics...

John Clayton reporting on ESPN Insider that the Davis deal is one year for $1.3 Million.  Interesting....

626085[/snapback]

Per the BN, one-year deal at $800,000 salary and $500,000 SB. He's Josh Reed's replacement at best.