Eat Dick, why dontcha?

The Dean

wtf is wrong with people man

624385[/snapback]

I have a problem with the Chinese culture as a whole, I think. They are just so diametrically opposed to our own way of life, it's really hard for me to prevent myself from feeling disdain - even disgust - toward some of their beliefs. I've known a lot of Chinese-Americans, and the difference between what they believe and what they left behind in China is amazing. I know I"m speaking in generalizations here, but I think the fact that I HAVE known a lot of Chinese-Americans has a lot to do with why articles such as this one catch me off guard.

I have a problem with the Chinese culture as a whole, I think. They are just so diametrically opposed to our own way of life, it's really hard for me to prevent myself from feeling disdain - even disgust - toward some of their beliefs. I've known a lot of Chinese-Americans, and the difference between what they believe and what they left behind in China is amazing. I know I"m speaking in generalizations here, but I think the fact that I HAVE known a lot of Chinese-Americans has a lot to do with why articles such as this one catch me off guard.

624415[/snapback]

i know a lot of Chinese as my school is full of them. they may eat disgusting meals but you won't see them scarfing down junk food or high sugar foods. the stuff they sell in chinese restaurants is stuff they would never eat. mainly in their diets they eat mostly vegetables, although this dick trio sounds rather odd

i know a lot of Chinese as my school is full of them.  they may eat disgusting meals but you won't see them scarfing down junk food or high sugar foods.  the stuff they sell in chinese restaurants is stuff they would never eat.  mainly in their diets they eat mostly vegetables, although this dick trio sounds rather odd

624419[/snapback]

Oh yeah, those I've become friends with in America have a great deal of discipline. But the thing I notice most - and appreciate - is a much greater sense of individualism than what you typically find espoused in China. That's the great thing about America.....we DO embrace the individual, and I feel that is what's right. But at the same time, when the need arises, we also come together and put ourselves in harms way for the greater good. Sure I'm biased....but I don't care, America does it right. We're not perfect by any means. We have all sorts of problems that need to be fixed. But individual liberties, rights, and freedoms are in accordance with Judeo-Christian values, to which I subscribe. To depart from those ideals as severely as the Chinese culture does just really makes it hard for me to respect some of their beliefs. That's why it's so interesting when I get to know Chinese-Americans who have clearly gravitated at least partially in this direction. In fact, they don't just 'fit in' in our society, they typically thrive in it. I

Hey you never know, a little Anchor Bar Wing Sauce and it might be the next winner :lol:

624586[/snapback]

ugh, thanks for that.....i was gonna have wings tonight. Think I'll go with something else now ;)

Oh yeah, those I've become friends with in America have a great deal of discipline. But the thing I notice most - and appreciate - is a much greater sense of individualism than what you typically find espoused in China. That's the great thing about America.....we DO embrace the individual, and I feel that is what's right. But at the same time, when the need arises, we also come together and put ourselves in harms way for the greater good. Sure I'm biased....but I don't care, America does it right. We're not perfect by any means. We have all sorts of problems that need to be fixed. But individual liberties, rights, and freedoms are in accordance with Judeo-Christian values, to which I subscribe. To depart from those ideals as severely as the Chinese culture does just really makes it hard for me to respect some of their beliefs. That's why it's so interesting when I get to know Chinese-Americans who have clearly gravitated at least partially in this direction. In fact, they don't just 'fit in' in our society, they typically thrive in it. I

624425[/snapback]

Beliefs are exactly what they are.... beliefs. They are neither right or wrong. I think people forget this, whatever you believe in doesnt make opposing beliefs wrong just because you dont think they are right. That's the beauty. They probably are thinking, "what the hell is wrong with Americans? they dont eat animal dick?"

Beliefs are exactly what they are.... beliefs. They are neither right or wrong. I think people forget this, whatever you believe in doesnt make opposing beliefs wrong just because you dont think they are right. That's the beauty. They probably are thinking, "what the hell is wrong with Americans? they dont eat animal dick?"

625272[/snapback]

Or, how about this one...."What the hell is wrong with Americans that they don't hijack planes, fly them into tall, occupied buildings, and kill thousands of innocents"?

I think you can always make the argument about one belief not being any more right, wrong, or valid than another....but I respectfully disagree with that notion. Of course, to defend my point I must say that it's my BELIEF that there are areas where it's black and white in terms of what's right and wrong.....not gray.

Actually, what I find interesting is that if you take the three great world religions - Judaism, Christianity, and Islam - and their associated texts, I think there are probably several areas where you could easily discern commonality among them in terms of what is right and wrong. The problem is that all three groups have taken liberties with these ideals over the centuries, thus distorting the grand perception of what each respective religion truly teaches. So I think from an objective standpoint, considering these three religions, which represent the vast majority of the world, there are clearly general statements that could be made about what is right and wrong. I've read the Koran, the majority of the Bible, and am familiar with the beliefs of Jews, Hindus, and Buddhists (though I don't really consider Buddhism a religion as much as a philosophy). In general terms, I think they have much more in common than people give them credit for.

Ajzepp. Ever spent anytime in China?

Didn't think so.

Xenophobia is big, this month. So is saying we aren't imperialistic, not really. Not us. We would never tell someone else how to live, unless it wasn't eating bacon and eggs.

A lot of the world considers bacon and eggs for breakfast something to vomit over.

I must say that it's my BELIEF that there are areas where it's black and white in terms of what's right and wrong.....not gray.

625647[/snapback]

So where do you stand on the whole "penis consumption" thing? <_<

Ajzepp. Ever spent anytime in China?

Didn't think so.

Xenophobia is big, this month. So is saying we aren't imperialistic, not really. Not us. We would never tell someone else how to live, unless it wasn't eating bacon and eggs.

A lot of the world considers bacon and eggs for breakfast something to vomit over.

625667[/snapback]

If you go back and read my posts in this thread, I'm not really commenting on what they eat. That was just the topic that resulted in my somewhat-related tangent. I'm less concerned with what they eat than I am the way they treat their people, or the value they place on life in general. I'm not in the business of telling anyone how to live, but I'm also not one to keep opinions to myself.

So where do you stand on the whole "penis consumption" thing?  :lol:

625685[/snapback]

I just thought it was funny how in the article, one of the owners of that restaurant made the comment, "you are what you eat"..... :lol:

How much you want to bet that the French are their biggest importer of penis? <_<

If you go back and read my posts in this thread, I'm not really commenting on what they eat. That was just the topic that resulted in my somewhat-related tangent. I'm less concerned with what they eat than I am the way they treat their people, or the value they place on life in general. I'm not in the business of telling anyone how to live, but I'm also not one to keep opinions to myself.

625690[/snapback]

I'm not commenting on what they eat, either. And, I've read your posts.

It's also their world.

Have you spent any time in China?

I'm not commenting on what they eat, either. And, I've read your posts.

It's also their world.

Have you spent any time in China?

625712[/snapback]

Not a single second, nope. But I think you're taking what I'm saying to a point that I'm not intending for it to go. I'm not wishing to change their way of life - as long as it has no bearing or impact on the way of life I choose, too.....and that is to live in an imperfect, FREE society such as the United States of America. I simply have an opinion on their way of life - or moreso the views of their government - based on what I've read and come to know from my Asian-American friends. Does it absolutely disgust me that they not only eat dogs, but only half-kill them so that they are more 'tender' when they are ready to be eaten? Yes. I think it's horrid to make ANY living creature suffer such as that. That being said, I'm also a meat eater, and I'm quite certain that many of the processing plants in this country are sticking electric rods up the asses of cows and pulling apart poultry with very little concern for their suffering.....and I still eat the food. So yeah, I recongize that what I have is only an opinion. If I were trying to change their way of life, then I wouldn't be any different than they are, cause I'd be crapping on the very ideals that I personally espouse and love.

That being said, I would also bet you that if the PEOPLE of China were allowed greater say into the structure of their country, things would look much different than they do right now.

Or, how about this one...."What the hell is wrong with Americans that they don't hijack planes, fly them into tall, occupied buildings, and kill thousands of innocents"?

I think you can always make the argument about one belief not being any more right, wrong, or valid than another....but I respectfully disagree with that notion. Of course, to defend my point I must say that it's my BELIEF that there are areas where it's black and white in terms of what's right and wrong.....not gray.

Actually, what I find interesting is that if you take the three great world religions - Judaism, Christianity, and Islam - and their associated texts, I think there are probably several areas where you could easily discern commonality among them in terms of what is right and wrong. The problem is that all three groups have taken liberties with these ideals over the centuries, thus distorting the grand perception of what each respective religion truly teaches. So I think from an objective standpoint, considering these three religions, which represent the vast majority of the world, there are clearly general statements that could be made about what is right and wrong. I've read the Koran, the majority of the Bible, and am familiar with the beliefs of Jews, Hindus, and Buddhists (though I don't really consider Buddhism a religion as much as a philosophy). In general terms, I think they have much more in common than people give them credit for.

625647[/snapback]

Since you have read the Koran, as I have, then you should realize that there are reasons that explain their reasoning, even the crashing planes into buildings. It doesnt mean its right, but it is clear that it was not just an "i hate America" stunt, it was very well planned and they take it seriously. Nothing is above their God, and when someone threatens their beliefs as the United States did with Jerusalem, that was their reasoning. Im suprised that you have this notion of right and wrong when you say you have read and are familiar with these texts, i would think that would make you understand the term "belief" a little better but apparently not. You are right when you say there are things right and wrong, if you look at each religion there is, but if you look at everything as a whole, it is all "gray" because no belief or religion is better than another.

I just wanted to add im not coming up for a reason why the attacks on America should have happened, just trying to explain that things seem differently in the eyes of each religion.

Since you have read the Koran, as I have, then you should realize that there are reasons that explain their reasoning, even the crashing planes into buildings. It doesnt mean its right, but it is clear that it was not just an "i hate America" stunt, it was very well planned and they take it seriously. Nothing is above their God, and when someone threatens their beliefs as the United States did with Jerusalem, that was their reasoning. Im suprised that you have this notion of right and wrong when you say you have read and are familiar with these texts, i would think that would make you understand the term "belief" a little better but apparently not. You are right when you say there are things right and wrong, if you look at each religion there is, but if you look at everything as a whole, it is all "gray" because no belief or religion is better than another.

I just wanted to add im not coming up for a reason why the attacks on America should have happened, just trying to explain that things seem differently in the eyes of each religion.

625896[/snapback]

You can take passages in the Bible and use them to defend the murdering of innocents, too - in fact it's been done plenty of times throughout history. What I said was that in GENERAL terms, there is a lot of commonality among the three main religions. And yes, I feel you can clearly delineate some sort of right vs wrong in a general sense. That's entirely different than taking part of a belief system and applying it toward a specific example. And again, as I've said several times, this is just my opinion.

alot of these "chinese americans" you speak of may not have even come from china but rather taiwan instead...it seems to be easier for people to refer to them as chinese americans instead for some reason

hopefully when sh-- goes down between the US and China, the taiwanese americans don't get dragged down as well

alot of these "chinese americans" you speak of may not have even come from china but rather taiwan instead...it seems to be easier for people to refer to them as chinese americans instead for some reason

hopefully when sh-- goes down between the US and China, the taiwanese americans don't get dragged down as well

625989[/snapback]

Well, Taiwanese ARE Chinese...but, whatever.

As I am a "Cheap-Shot Artist" and have been called "Mr. Cruel" by my friends, the following is not surprising, I guess:

I worked with a great guy who is was from Taiwan. I would regularly ask him, "Are you REAL Chinese, or are you from Formosa?" I KILL me.

625989[/snapback]

But people who live for TV know everything about everyone. Let's have another Idol thread. Was that chiffon or polyester?

But people who live for TV know everything about everyone. Let's have another Idol thread. Was that chiffon or polyester?

626043[/snapback]

Why do you keep bringing that up? What is the deal with tv and AI?

ummm...no

things change over time...that would be like saying australians are all british criminals

626076[/snapback]

I think it would be more like saying "Sicilians are Italians".

All Taiwanese I know consider themselves Chinese.

I think it would be more like saying "Sicilians are Italians".

All Taiwanese I know consider themselves Chinese.

626129[/snapback]

I was born in Taiwan and was naturalized in the US.

No one in my family (mother's side and father's side) has ever or will ever consider themselves Chinese.

There is a small population of people in Taiwan that consider themselves to be "Chinese". Those are the people that ran from China when Mao took over and settled in Taiwan. They have not and will not consider themselves to be Taiwanese. It's somewhat of a source of tension in the country as everytime China threatens the island, they're the first lined up to surrender. The country and way of life is not theirs to lose as they feel no ties to the country.

No one in my family (mother's side and father's side) has ever or will ever consider themselves Chinese.

There is a small population of people in Taiwan that consider themselves to be "Chinese". Those are the people that ran from China when Mao took over and settled in Taiwan. They have not and will not consider themselves to be Taiwanese. It's somewhat of a source of tension in the country as everytime China threatens the island, they're the first lined up to surrender. The country and way of life is not theirs to lose as they feel no ties to the country.

626382[/snapback]

Well you have taught me something. I'll have to check some of this stuff out. I'll have to ask my Taiwanese friends why they consider themselves Chinese.

Thanks

626382[/snapback]

ok, im not sure about this one, but taiwan doesnt offically have its independance or does it? if not, its wonderful that people dont consider themselves chinese, but if they are still a part of china then they are. i could live here and not consider myself american but it doesnt mean that im not.

Why do you keep bringing that up? What is the deal with tv and AI?

626123[/snapback]

I've spoke with literally dozens of people over the last year or so that can name every detail of every contestant, episode of Lost or whatever that couldn't find China on a map, let alone the UAE. In their minds, all cultures are American - and if they don't behave in what's considered an acceptable American fashion, they are wrong and need to be corrected. And where do their ideas come from? In some cases, MTV news. Best case, 45 second soundbites on Headline. Our media panders to this general apathy and lack of understanding about many things and it translates to the voting booths. So, I don't see it as a minor issue.

Sort of like Hot Pockets. It's called the "American Idol" syndrome. A TV show about some singers winning a prize takes on much more importance than events that shape the country let alone the world. Nothing against entertainment, but not at the total exclusion of anything else.

ok, im not sure about this one, but taiwan doesnt offically have its independance or does it? if not, its wonderful that people dont consider themselves chinese, but if they are still a part of china then they are. i could live here and not consider myself american but it doesnt mean that im not.

626483[/snapback]

No, Taiwan is not independant. The day they actually declare independance is probably the day you see China launch an invasion.

626483[/snapback]

China has never been able to "control" Taiwan...throughout history, they've lost their "claim" to Taiwan's land dozens of times because they either got their asses kicked or couldn't defend it. Most recently (WWII), the Japanese had control of Taiwan...and despite the Chinese hating the Japanese, the Taiwanese love them.

Anyhow, Taiwan is not a part of China. China does not own or control Taiwan. The Taiwanese have their own government, make their own laws, don't pay any taxes or tariffs and have nothing to do with the internal workings of China's twisted government. China is just around to make Taiwan's life miserable. They keep Taiwan out of the WTO and UN with what I assume to be their economic power. They've also got this "Join us or die" attitude. "Yeah, you're technically independent but if you announce it to the world, we'll kill you." They also get royally pissed at anyone that accidentally mentions Taiwan in an slightly too independent way.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4789072.stm

Japan was the latest culprit.

If you follow any of the news, there is some opposition to independence in Taiwan...that independence comes from the Chinese folk that ran over to Taiwan after the communists took over. My wife's parents are those people. They consider themselves Chinese and consider my family Taiwanese. We're all Americans now, but during family gatherings, it'd probably be best not to mention that crap.

From the way things look though, Taiwan has no shot at internationally recognized independence. They do pretty much what a model democratic nation should do but China keeps building its economic and military might and one day in the near future, it's going to get to the point where it wouldn't be practical or feasible for the US to try and defend the little democratic island. Do I care? Not too much...the situation is hopeless and I'm an American now. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Taiwan come out, declare their independence and then go down in a blaze of glory. It most likely wouldn't happen because it would be too disruptive to the world, but at least it would show everyone how unhinged the Chinese government is.

No matter what anyone says about the Chinese/Taiwanese situation, my roots are Taiwanese...never Chinese.

btw, what are your thoughts on Tibetans? are they Tibetans? or Chinese? the turds in the Chinese government are giving them hell as well and deny the Tibetan government's existence...they don't even really want the land...it's all a matter of saving face for them as once upon a time, Tibet was a part of Chinese territory. Until recently, I read somewhere that Mongolia was still counted as being "Chinese" in their country's geography books.

oh, and to try and somewhat get back to the thread, the Taiwanese don't eat dogs, cats or animal penii...as far as I know...since I grew up here (moved here at the age of 2), I've got the American point of view on foods like that :)

oh, and to try and somewhat get back to the thread, the Taiwanese don't eat dogs, cats or animal penii...as far as I know...since I grew up here (moved here at the age of 2), I've got the American point of view on foods like that  :mellow:

627447[/snapback]

One of my best friends is from the Philippines.....I mentioned it once before on here and it always makes me sick to my stomach to bring it up, but one of their favorite dishes there is called "balut". It's basically some sort of duck egg that is nearly about to hatch....they cook it, rip off the top, and eat it......the pics and description are so amazingly unpalatable to me it's not even funny. We have an agreement that she can't even bring it up when we talk on the phone or the computer, cause I'll hang up on her asss, lol.

One of my best friends is from the Philippines.....I mentioned it once before on here and it always makes me sick to my stomach to bring it up, but one of their favorite dishes there is called "balut". It's basically some sort of duck egg that is nearly about to hatch....they cook it, rip off the top, and eat it......the pics and description are so amazingly unpalatable to me it's not even funny. We have an agreement that she can't even bring it up when we talk on the phone or the computer, cause I'll hang up on her asss, lol.

627714[/snapback]

That doesn't sound all that bad. Well, when compared to chompin down on some dick and testies.

That doesn't sound all that bad.  Well, when compared to chompin down on some dick and testies.

627747[/snapback]

ha ha, I can't argue with that....although you may feel differently if you see the pics...I know i sure did!!

I think I'll stick with my pizza, pasta, and chicken though :mellow: