F*cking Ralph

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bottom line is the people mocking him today wouldn't be doing it if the Bills were a winning franchise...they would view him as "wise and shrewd"...funny how the media spins things, eh?

622167[/snapback]

Excellent point. If that were Kraft, it would give us, and others, reason for pause. Do you realize Bob Kraft wasn't even present at the meetings yesterday. His son was. Someone he trusted. RW should have that "someone".

what's he supposed to say?  It's a bad deal?  He was truthful, wtf is wrong with that...he needed more than 45 minutes to make up his mind on a pretty important issue...bfd.

and why is it so friggin' important for him to admit that he now understands it...who the !@#$ cares what anybody else thinks of the Bills...that's not important.  I could care less...maybe I'm just less of a "fan" than you.

622146[/snapback]

heh, well, let's see where the team goes under his august leadership, aight?

I bet Ralph understood quite well what was on the table with this proposal. He was just against the idea that teams that mismanaged the cap are getting a reprieve with the bump up in cap.

Though I believe Ralph always voting against proposals (also votes against instand replay) is the main reason he does not get into the HOF.

Though I believe Ralph always voting against proposals (also votes against instand replay) is the main reason he does not get into the HOF.

622234[/snapback]

not only that but that's why we lost those 4SB's, get bad calls and have sh-- like the Music City Miracle happen to us.

Actually, I think Ralph might have something to do with that.  Specifically, the letter he fired off to the league after the "Just Give It To Them" game.

622251[/snapback]

I was serious...he's a maverick and won't tow the line...we're doomed.

Actually, I think Ralph might have something to do with that.  Specifically, the letter he fired off to the league after the "Just Give It To Them" game.

622251[/snapback]

I'm sure that moment is going through the minds of the sportswriters who actually vote for the HOF every single year..... Uh huh.....

Well, I am still glad the vote went through.  Maybe I'm being selfish and not thinking of RW maybe making a couple million less next season, but this agreement does keep Buffalo competitive.  Now we just need to get the right players!!!

622160[/snapback]

without having seen a single provision of the agreement, how can you possibly assert that the Bills will still be "competitive".

With teams being able to spend over the cap thru signing bonuses, it is likely that the Ralph does not have the cash to spend on sigining bonuses to compete with most other teams to improve much thru free agency.

The only reason this is being talked about is because Ralph is 87. he said he didn't understand the deal and that's why he voted no, and that translates to "I'm on old coot who can't comprehend all these complicated deals because I'm old".

What if a younger owner like Snyder had said it? Saying he didn't understand it would have been translated to "It's a complex deal and I didn't feel I had time in 45 minutes to know whether this was ultimately a good deal or bad deal from my club, so I voted against it".

Same thing happened with the Patriot Act in Congress - nobody had the opportunity to read the text and understand it before the vote, but they certainly didn't want to vote against it and be pained as someone who was unpatriotic. That's why there's been so much debate about the renewal - because there is finally time to understand the thing before the vote.

“ It's been a long, long process. Halfway through (Wednesday), I didn't think it was going to get done. I think Paul [Tagliabue] did a heck of a job of corralling people who could have gone in a lot of difference directions and built some consensus. ”

—Redskins owner Daniel Snyder

If Danny Boy liked the deal, is it any wonder Ralph may've had concerns??

Or this:

"The final three hours of owner negotiations were so fast and furious that everyone's heads were spinning. Tagliabue and Upshaw couldn't even finalize a start to free agency."

"Tagliabue was asked about the proration of signing bonuses, but he joked that he couldn't remember if his granddaughter was six years old or if the proration for signing bonuses was four."

The sports reporters are all over it because Ralph was probably the only

"quotable" thing to come out of the meeting. Also, Ralph is 86 (or is it 87). If I live to that age with the successes he's had in his life, I doubt I'll really give a

sh*t what anybody thinks of me either. I also doubt he voted against it for any cap reasons or other owners circumventing the cap. Since the Bills are a

lower-revenue team, they will not have to pay into the cash-over-cap revenue pool and will actually benefit from the deal. Ralph's got more than enough money to spend on players. On that note: Look at how much money the Redskins have spent. I doubt anyone sees them seriously contending for the Super Bowl anytime soon.

Another example: The Steelers. Traditionally one of the cheapest franchises in the league, so they're not spending tons of money on free agents.......and yet

they just added a fifth Superbowl.

I think we forget how many cities out there would give anything to have an NFL franchise. Yes RW is old and yes he sometimes forgets what day it is and yes sometimes he looks foolish whe is interviewed or talks in public but so what. He is the owner of our Buffalo Bills. Buffalo being the key word.

I think we forget how many cities out there would give anything to have an NFL franchise. Yes RW is old and yes he sometimes forgets what day it is and yes sometimes he looks foolish whe is interviewed or talks in public but so what. He is the owner of our Buffalo Bills. Buffalo being the key word.

622496[/snapback]

Well said.