I think I smell something burning....

oh, don't worry, its just the Fourth Amendment, my mistake.

I suggest we reword the Fourth Amendment so that it accurately reflect its new status:

"The right [mostly imaginary] of the people [some of them at least] to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated [mostly], and no Warrants shall issue [except for the ones that are issued], but upon probable cause [or slightest suspicion], supported by Oath or affirmation [not really], and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized [psych!, just kidding]."

Where are those strict constructionists when you need them?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, don't worry, its just the Fourth Amendment, my mistake.

I suggest we reword the Fourth Amendment so that it accurately reflect its new status:

"The right [mostly imaginary] of the people [some of them at least] to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated [mostly], and no Warrants shall issue [except for the ones that are issued], but upon probable cause [or slightest suspicion], supported by Oath or affirmation [not really], and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized [psych!, just kidding]."

Where are those strict constructionists when you need them?

621484[/snapback]

I don't know what's sadder, the reduction of the 4th Amendment to toilet paper, or that fact that hearing it from you makes it difficult for me to take it seriously. :blink:

Yes it is. I keep an edge, good scoth is good and can be replaced by so-so scotch, later on with drunks.. And I'm heavilly armed.

621540[/snapback]

I just bought another good bottle of Scotch this weekend. That 3 on my shelf. I do okay on the armed side. Just dive me a couple years, and I may join you.

I don't know what's sadder, the reduction of the 4th Amendment to toilet paper, or that fact that hearing it from you makes it difficult for me to take it seriously.  :blink:

621486[/snapback]

I'm trying to understand how it fits in to the "small government is good" ethos. Maybe it's a somtimes in, sometimes out kind of ethos? I think some call it "moral relativism". Apparently being against moral relativism is a relative thing.

I have guns, gaskmasks, telephone numbers to people in South America and a bottle of scotch for the boat ride.

621519[/snapback]

Make sure you take a container ship on a ride. Much easier to load all that paraphenalia on it.

"unreasonable" is the key word in the 4th Mickey. I think it’s reasonable to listen in on incoming foreign originated telephone conversations since foreigners are not covered by the fourth

And it all fits in a carry-on.

We are just, so screwed.

621605[/snapback]

Oh common, I survived the 94 take over, you can survive this. Not that given the time since then we have been going this direction no matter who is President. Canada sounds good to me, Global warming will create tropical weather there in the next 10 years.

I don't care.

I've given up on all of you.

I have guns, gaskmasks, telephone numbers to people in South America and a bottle of scotch for the boat ride.

621519[/snapback]

Wow. You're an antisocial old curmudgeon today.

Terrorists all over the world will be saddened by this news today.  Lets hang our heads in a moment of silence for their 4th amendment loss.  :blink:

621512[/snapback]

Are you kidding? Osama is laughing his beard off! 9/11 did more than just destroy a couple of buildings.

PTR

Are you kidding? Osama is laughing his beard off!  9/11 did more than just destroy a couple of buildings.

PTR

621729[/snapback]

Osama couldn't care less about the 4th Amendment. He's probably never heard of it. Osama's main concern is the US as a world superpower standing in the way of recreating the Caliphite.

Osama couldn't care less about the 4th Amendment.  He's probably never heard of it.  Osama's main concern is the US as a world superpower standing in the way of recreating the Caliphite.

621738[/snapback]

Now, Now, he was educated by the Best American Universities, kinda like the Taliban spokesman. I will check which college, but I pretty sure he was here for a while.