Jerry on the upcoming vote

Someone decided to ask Jerry Jones what he thought (why?). Per KFFL:

"It's not something I am particularly excited about, but the expectations were that I wouldn't be excited about them," Jones said. "But I don't know if anybody cares how happy I am. Can we make it work as a league? We will see. I don't think we would have gotten to this point unless you brought a proposal to the table that could work."

He's right about one thing......nobody cares how happy he is.

Apparently the f'in arrogant "genius' owners amongst the billionaire boys club

think their league is indestructable.

Then again, wasn't baseball?

Apparently the f'in arrogant "genius' owners amongst the billionaire boys club

think their league is indestructable.

Then again, wasn't baseball?

620113[/snapback]

Baseball has higher revenues than ever. Baseball is heading into a season in which there are probably no more than 5-7 teams that think they have no shot at the playoffs, avery similar number to the NFL. (By the way, that's also competing for fewer playoff spots.) Baseball has one club that outspends everyone else - and hasn't won in five years. Baseball is okay.

The big revenue owners pay more for their teams and do everything they can to maximize revenues. The smaller owners don't. I think they have a reason to be pissed.

Jones was the first owner to break from leaague-wide beverage and apparel deals to make private deals that went into his pocket.  He also hasn't sold the naming rights to "Texas Stadium," while criticizing OTHER owners for not maximizing their revenue potential.  What a tool.

620188[/snapback]

Good post! He's the biggest reason why the NFL needs revenue sharing badly and why they need to start going deeper into revenue sharing.

Jones was the first owner to break from leaague-wide beverage and apparel deals to make private deals that went into his pocket.  He also hasn't sold the naming rights to "Texas Stadium," while criticizing OTHER owners for not maximizing their revenue potential.  What a tool.

620188[/snapback]

He hasn't sold the naming rights because he has lobbied so hard for a new stadiumfor so many years, it would be impossible to get someone else to buy the naming rights.

Why have you made me defend JJ?!

He hasn't sold the naming rights because he has lobbied so hard for a new stadiumfor so many years, it would be impossible to get someone else to buy the naming rights.

Why have you made me defend JJ?!

No one can make you do something you didn't already want to do. You've been defending big market owners so far. And MLB used to be the #1 sport in the U.S., but football has surpassed it. Want to know why?

And word is that Jones doesn't want to pay for his own stadium, like Snyder, McNair, and Kraft (who used G-3 funds, BTW) did, so it might not come anytime soon. No reason NOT to still sell naming rights, that I bet SOMEONE would pay for.

Someone decided to ask Jerry Jones what he thought (why?).  Per KFFL:

"It's not something I am particularly excited about, but the expectations were that I wouldn't be excited about them," Jones said. "But I don't know if anybody cares how happy I am. Can we make it work as a league? We will see. I don't think we would have gotten to this point unless you brought a proposal to the table that could work."

He's right about one thing......nobody cares how happy he is. 

620113[/snapback]

Hey Mike Florio just called, he'd like his joke back.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

"Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has said the one thing on which pretty much the whole world can agree -- "I don't know if anybody cares how happy I am." "

No one can make you do something you didn't already want to do.  You've been defending big market owners so far.  And MLB used to be the #1 sport in the U.S., but football has surpassed it.  Want to know why?

And word is that Jones doesn't want to pay for his own stadium, like Snyder, McNair, and Kraft (who used G-3 funds, BTW) did, so it might not come anytime soon.  No reason NOT to still sell naming rights, that I bet SOMEONE would pay for.

620783[/snapback]

Please tell me why. Why are baseball revenues and attendance higher than ever?

Snyder bought the team after the stadium was built.

I want people to stop complaining about the plight of multi-millionaire Ralph Wilson. Any of us would gladly swap our position for his.

Please tell me why.  Why are baseball revenues and attendance higher than ever?

Snyder bought the team after the stadium was built. 

I want people to stop complaining about the plight of multi-millionaire Ralph Wilson.  Any of us would gladly swap our position for his.

621317[/snapback]

As well as the plight of the players. The B'gals recently tendered offers to their four UFA's - $717,000 per annum, with health coverage, retirement $$$, free food, etc.

A nice chunk for a part-time gig. Now, some might say that careers are short, etc. Me, I'd be pleased to interrupt my future career for that amount of jack. I'll put off my future in Communications Studies or whatever whizz-bang thing I majored in. And when I leave the game, there are a gazillion companies that will hire me as some sort of sales rep for my name recognition - even if I couldn't sell a bottle of water to a guy stranded in the desert.

Wringing one's hands over the fair treatment of this or that millionaire seems strange behavior. :)