Who should the Bills pick up at #2 WR after Moulds

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, Evans is already guaranteed to be the #1 WR come this fall.  What I'm curious to see is who the Bills will pick up at #2, once Moulds leaves.  I think the Antonio Bryant from the Browns would be a good choice to fill that position.  We don't have to worry about the Browns keeping him because they have already said be will become a free agent.  Come Levy, get him. :blink:

619696[/snapback]

I like Givens....depending on the money.

The browns are probably gonna make a very strong push for david givens. He's familar with that offensive system, since crenell is there. would be a good target for the young quaterback charlie frye. I'd like to see if we cut moulds Ike Bruce. He's familar with fairchilds system, and evans while I wont compare him to torry "big game" holt he has similar attributes, so issac could take him under his wing like he did with holt. If not bruce then Antonio Bryant, keenan mccardell, koren robinson or joe jurevicius.

Look, Evans is already guaranteed to be the #1 WR come this fall.  What I'm curious to see is who the Bills will pick up at #2, once Moulds leaves.  I think the David Givens from the Patriots would be a good choice to fill that position.  We don't have to worry about the Pats keeping him because they have already said be will become a free agent.  Come Levy, get him. :blink:

619696[/snapback]

that's easy: Terrrel Owens

We are not going to find a receiver better than Moulds.  I think we should keep him if at all possible.

619855[/snapback]

I hope he's kept also, just not @ the expense of getting a quality interior OL or two plus a DT in free agency, allowing us to use the 8th pick on the best available.

i like givens or isaac bruce..familiar with fairchild's system, doesnt seem to be a cancer..not too pricey...grab him if moulds is let go

619769[/snapback]

Bruce would be great for a year or two.

Forget about Bryant from the Browns.

Bryant=team cancer

I hope he's kept also, just not @ the expense of getting a quality interior OL or two plus a DT in free agency, allowing us to use the 8th pick on the best available.

619859[/snapback]

Exactly. Marv has a tough decision there in trying to free up some dollars. I can't see us getting all that quality in free agency, though. I can't imaging 8 going to anything but Ngata or a trade down.

We are not going to find a receiver better than Moulds.  I think we should keep him if at all possible.

619855[/snapback]

Despite missing all those games in 2005 due to injury, Bruce has accumulated more yards than Moulds over the last three years. Their birthdays are less than a year apart, so I don't see age necessarily being more of a factor for one than the other.

But the main advantage to Bruce isn't that he might represent an upgrade over Moulds. It's that there's no way the Bills would pay him anywhere near the $7 million a year they'd have to pay to keep Moulds. We're not getting an elite WR at that position no matter what we do, so there's no sense in paying for one. Save cap space on that position, and go shopping.