Willis Mgahee will dominate

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

Hi,

With Marv Levy back,you can bet your hindquarters our offensive line will not be as offensive as it has in the past.Mark my words,within 2 years we will have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL and Mgahee will be running like a mad man possesed.The comments I recieved from my first post about Greer were a joke.Without Clements our secondary is average at its very best.Not taking anything away from Mgee who is an up and coming super star,but he sure can't do it alone. :huh: :Duh,why didn't Wilson do this 5 years ago! Levy is a football mastermind,one of the best field generals the NFL has ever seen.I'm sure everyones heard the expression,nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!Well our leader is back!AND SO IS THE BUFFALO BILLS!

GO BUFFALO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Not to be hypercritical or anything (because I suck at spelling) but whats the deal with you never putting spaces between any form of punctuation? It makes for a pretty hard read.

Guest dog14787
Not to be hypercritical or anything (because I suck at spelling) but whats the deal with you never putting spaces between any form of punctuation?  It makes for a pretty hard read.

618874[/snapback]

I'm not very good at typing,so thanks for the advice, May I ask for your forgivness, you won't have to tell me twice. :doh:

You may be right about WM.  Once there is an offensive line we will know a lot more about WM and JP. Maybe Michael Huff can play left tackle?  :doh:

618986[/snapback]

Brace yourself......we agree on something. You want to change your stance on this? :D

With the new CBA, Hutch will probably remain a Seahawk. Even without one, I was not hearing the names of any other prominent blockers as ufas other than Bentley.

Also, did you see what the Broncos gave Lepsis to play LT? 4 years/25 million! Lepsis was a udfa who is 32 and played RT until 2004. Imo he is much more of a "system player" than someone who is crushing and dominant such as Pace, and even he got the big bucks.

My point is simple. Since free agency began, you cannot get a LT. Now, it appears all but impossible to sign a UFA Guard, or at least one that can play.

The draft would seem to be the only chance for a team like us (let alone any other team) to fortify the OL, unless there are top notch ufas out there that nobody is talking about, which is highly doubtful.

If DaBrick is gone at #8 (highly likely) and the Bills don't think other blockers are worth this pick, then perhaps a trade down (only for a steep price) is in order.

I don't want a safety any more than I wanted to see Parrish.

Well, maybe a little more. ;)

When you pick this high, you take a position that is likely to not make it to free agency(LT, pass rusher, even Gates type TE nowadays). Sadly, a LT or pass rusher won't be worth the slot we are picking. DT, Davis, or a trade down are our likely options. LT(Shaffer), would just cost too damn much and he's probably a system type guy like Lepsis. We have to pray Peters can man the position( I have high hopes, some don't) and focus on the interior in free agency and maybe we get a guy to develope somewhere in the draft(don't count on it though) to groom at LT.

You may be right about WM.  Once there is an offensive line we will know a lot more about WM and JP. Maybe Michael Huff can play left tackle?  :doh:

618986[/snapback]

Well, we could always take the best tackle in the draft w/ our first round pick. I'm sure Ferguson will still be there. If not, there's plenty of other LTs worthy of the 8th overall pick in the draft, for sure.

Well, we could always take the best tackle in the draft w/ our first round pick.  I'm sure Ferguson will still be there.  If not, there's plenty of other LTs worthy of the 8th overall pick in the draft, for sure.

619100[/snapback]

Seems that many clubs draft them early...

Cincinnati Enquirer 03/05/06 - Mark Curnutte

"LEFT TACKLES: A closer look at the draft position of the NFL's 32 starting left tackles shows 16 were first-round picks, three were second-rounders and six were third-rounders."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../603050409/1078

Well, we could always take the best tackle in the draft w/ our first round pick.  I'm sure Ferguson will still be there.  If not, there's plenty of other LTs worthy of the 8th overall pick in the draft, for sure.

619100[/snapback]

Pick a defensive tackle (ngata comes to mind) Pick a quality tackle or gaurd, or trade down. and get what you need. Huff is a legit first round pick (mine in the first mock draft for Miami, in fact)...but he isn't going to improve our defense in any significant way considering our need for Defensive Tackles, and he isn't going to help our anemic offense. Not a good number 8 for us.

619100[/snapback]

hahaha

the issue as i see it is that we as bills fans have become a bit too obsessed with "franchise LTs".

the issue is LTs and other olinemen are not that great of athletes. you can see at the combine they are the fattest and can't ever lift as much as the dline or the LBs.

they are also the slowest and can't do any of the drills as well.

the problem is quality athletes (there are a few) who play LT are very rare. so with supply and demand as it is their price is just very high, inspite of the fact that they might not have the impact on your team that their cost implies.

the same also applies to corners, they are rare and as such are expensive. the as an individual can have a very large impact, but they will also get burned for big plays.

the opposite applies to running backs, there are so many top guys like edge and alexander can't get traded for a 2nd rounder.

so while we need a much better Oline, we don't necessarily need allstar guys at any one position. we need a unit that plays well, which of coure means we need quality, but top dollar tackles don't imply a great Offense (baltimore comes to mind).

there is also a large risk with high pick tackles, they are big giant slow guys who in many cases don't workout in the NFL (although d'brick might have the opposite problem, he might be too weak).

anyway, we need the best team we can get and a guy like d'brick might be worth moving up for (inspite of all i wrote above) but if the fall off to the next guy is that far, we are better off taking the best guy at the #8 spot if we can't trade down.

Not to be hypercritical or anything (because I suck at spelling) but whats the deal with you never putting spaces between any form of punctuation?  It makes for a pretty hard read.

618874[/snapback]

If that bothers you then how do you make it through the mass of flat out illiterate postings?

Pick a defensive tackle (ngata comes to mind) Pick a quality tackle or gaurd, or trade down.  and get what you need.  Huff is a legit first round pick (mine in the first mock draft for Miami, in fact)...but he isn't going to improve our defense in any significant way considering our need for Defensive Tackles, and he isn't going to help our anemic offense. Not a good number 8 for us.

619126[/snapback]

There is a rumor going around that they may have a free agency signing period before the draft. I'm still checking that out.

My point is simple. Since free agency began, you cannot get a LT. Now, it appears all but impossible to sign a UFA Guard, or at least one that can play.

The draft would seem to be the only chance for a team like us (let alone any other team) to fortify the OL, unless there are top notch ufas out there that nobody is talking about, which is highly doubtful.

619017[/snapback]

Agreed. Most GMs are smart enough to hold onto their OL drafting successes.

In order to maximize your line's continuity, you need to build it through the draft, and make sure that your successful OL draft picks spend their whole careers with your team.

You would be amazed how much better our offensive line would be if we drafted Davis, not because i think he is a good blocker, he is an average blocker, but when the LBs first move is back instead of forward because he has to respect the speed, you play better.

in the 3rd, after Davis ha beaten the defense once or twice, and they are forced to add another safety or corner, Willis can run, and if they try to stop the run Davis can dink and dunk them to death.