Why is Bennie Anderson still a Bill?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Sir, is a good question.

I am thinking that because the Bills at least appear to be safely under the cap, there is no pressing need to make this cut right now, although I share your sentiment that there is never a good time to have such a bad player on your football team.

The Bills are shockingly weak at OG. Villarial could be considered a good player, but he is getting old and is frequently injured. That is the good news.

If the Bills were in some way able to steal Hutch from Seatle, we would still be thin at this position. We are just that bad up front.

Perhaps Marv is waiting until after the draft to dump him, or perhaps he matters so little with all that is happening around the league that Marv has been to busy to conjure up the unpleasant thoughts about what to do with this sub-par player.

Either way, all we can do is hope that we never again are forced to see BA in a Bills uniform.

Just because you guys keep saying it doesn't mean Anderson is bad. Just remember he had a career backup at his left side, a horrible center to his right, and he was playing a position LG that he was unaccustomed to.

Again, go watch the last 5 games, once he adjusted, and he was our best lineman. In fact in the cincy game he was pulling and blowing people up, which is tough for someone his size. He is better suited for RG, but was able to adjust and did quite well with it. Just because a FA doesn't come in and perform miracles from day one, doesn't make him garbage.

You guys want to give pass JP, Evans, Roscoe and Peters off as super stars and they haven't done sh--. But want to throw Moulds, Anderson, Reed, Vincent, and Clements out. Yet these guys are performing, in spite of the horrible coaching.

But want to throw Moulds, Anderson, Reed, Vincent, and Clements out.  Yet these guys are performing, in spite of the horrible coaching.

618946[/snapback]

As far as I'm concerned, Clements is a star.

As for the others you list, they certainly are "performing." The problem is, their performance is sub-par at best.

That Sir, is a good question.

I am thinking that because the Bills at least appear to be safely under the cap, there is no pressing need to make this cut right now, although I share your sentiment that there is never a good time to have such a bad player on your football team.

The Bills are shockingly weak at OG. Villarial could be considered a good player, but he is getting old and is frequently injured. That is the good news.

If the Bills were in some way able to steal Hutch from Seatle, we would still be thin at this position. We are just that bad up front.

Perhaps Marv is waiting until after the draft to dump him, or perhaps he matters so little with all that is happening around the league that Marv has been to busy to conjure up the unpleasant thoughts about what to do with this sub-par player.

Either way, all we can do is hope that we never again are forced to see BA in a Bills uniform.

618777[/snapback]

If the new player percentage ends up being 59.5% or close to, the cap pressures are going to be eleviated for most, if not all teams. Hutch....sadly to say, won't be coming here....

Just because you guys keep saying it doesn't mean Anderson is bad.  Just remember he had a career backup at his left side, a horrible center to his right, and he was playing a position LG that he was unaccustomed to. 

Again, go watch the last 5 games, once he adjusted, and he was our best lineman.  In fact in the cincy game he was pulling and blowing people up, which is tough for someone his size.  He is better suited for RG, but was able to adjust and did quite well with it.  Just because a FA doesn't come in and perform miracles from day one, doesn't make him garbage. 

You guys want to give pass JP, Evans, Roscoe and Peters off as super stars and they haven't done sh--.  But want to throw Moulds, Anderson, Reed, Vincent, and Clements out.  Yet these guys are performing, in spite of the horrible coaching.

618946[/snapback]

I dont wanna piss on your parade - but we all made those excuses for Mike Williams last last offseason.

I dont wanna piss on your parade - but we all made those excuses for Mike Williams last last offseason.

618980[/snapback]

And again, tell me how good our running game was once Williams was benched. Not very good was it. Williams struggled against the pass but he was quite good in run blocking. Bad coaching and lack of good TE/FB blocking support was Williams downfall as much as poor motivation.

And again, tell me how good our running game was once Williams was benched.  Not very good was it.  Williams struggled against the pass but he was quite good in run blocking.  Bad coaching and lack of good TE/FB blocking support was Williams downfall as much as poor motivation.

618983[/snapback]

Maybe Jauron likes him he did play for him for the Bears didnt he?

While I do not like BA as a starter, he would make for a solid backup. One thing that the line has lacked, in addition to quality, is depth. Maybe the $800 K savings do not merit his exodus. Also, note that with so many cuts coming in the next few days, perhaps the team will find an improvement over him -- which would then lead to his being released.

Well, we will certainly need bodies on the line, whether it's as a starter or a backup. My guess is that he isn't expensive enough to cut and will probably be given the chance to fight for a starting position during camp.

I thought he was painfully awful last year, but I'll admit that I didn't focus on him the latter part of the year (along with the rest of the team). So perhaps VA is right.

Just because you guys keep saying it doesn't mean Anderson is bad.  Just remember he had a career backup at his left side, a horrible center to his right, and he was playing a position LG that he was unaccustomed to. 

Again, go watch the last 5 games, once he adjusted, and he was our best lineman.  In fact in the cincy game he was pulling and blowing people up, which is tough for someone his size.  He is better suited for RG, but was able to adjust and did quite well with it.  Just because a FA doesn't come in and perform miracles from day one, doesn't make him garbage. 

You guys want to give pass JP, Evans, Roscoe and Peters off as super stars and they haven't done sh--.  But want to throw Moulds, Anderson, Reed, Vincent, and Clements out.  Yet these guys are performing, in spite of the horrible coaching.

618946[/snapback]

First off Va, we disagree on a lot of things. The transition from RG to LG should not be that difficult (its not like switching from RT to LT); it shouldn't take eleven games of playing like complete sh*t to finally get to where BA could play at a mediocore level. Oh wait, he didn't even get to start all of those eleven games because he was benched (infact I'm not even sure if he started all of the last 5 where you claim he performed exceptionally). Who led the team in false starts? And the people on this board are not the only ones who think he sucks, the coaching staff replaced him with a career tackle who has NEVER played guard. Then they let Preston get some reps in because Benny wasn't getting it done. I don't remember his play being that great over the last five games but I have them Tivo'd so I'll take a look. And this post wasn't about the other players you mentioned and with all the different opinions on this board it makes it pretty hard to generalize people's assesments of different players. The problem is the entire interior of our line SUCKS (Chris V. is adequate when healthy, which he wasn't the second half of last year).