Dude, Where's my civil war?

One sarcastic editorial. Yep, that pretty much proves that a Iraqi Civil War was a bluff, or at least some kind of liberal plot to make Bush look bad. This foreign policy stuff ain't so complicated. Now get me a beer.

PTR

Brought to you by the last few people who don't think Iraq is f*cked up. Did this guy work for Saddam's Ministry of Information?

So, the idea that Iraq has the makings of a civil war is complete fiction? Is that what you are saying, Wacka? I get it. It's like Disney World in Iraq and it's only the media's fault for our belief that Iraq situation may not be ideal.

No, thanks. I'll take the word of most of the world's experts on Iraq and the Middle East -- including most of the Republicans who are not currently working for the President.

Brought to you by the last few people who don't think Iraq is f*cked up.  Did this guy work for Saddam's Ministry of Information?

So, the idea that Iraq has the makings of a civil war is complete fiction?  Is that what you are saying, Wacka?  I get it.  It's like Disney World in Iraq and it's only the media's fault for our belief that Iraq situation may not be ideal.

No, thanks.  I'll take the word of most of the world's experts on Iraq and the Middle East -- including most of the Republicans who are not currently working for the President.

618591[/snapback]

No, there could be a civil war, but it would take a lot more than what is happpening. MOST of the country is peaceful. Notice how the reports are always from the same areas. The mosque blast was the Hail Mary for the terrorists and it fell incomplete. They were hoping to ignite a civil war and it is not happening. It's their last big gasp.

The guy I linked to was there. Have these "experts" you mentioned been there?

I read an interesting fact today. In all the wars we have been in, about 1 million Americans have died. Since the invention of the car (late 1890s), about 2.5 million Americans have been killed in auto accidents

Yawn.

What's that crackling sound I hear?? Oh yeah, it's a BROKEN RECORD.

618509[/snapback]

Really? Got any proof that I have said this before? Or are you going to whine in a post in another forum on a thread regarding someone elses daughter that I am stalking you?

No, there could be a civil war, but it would take a lot more than what is happpening. MOST of the country is peaceful.  Notice how the reports are always from the same areas.  The mosque blast was the Hail Mary for the terrorists and it fell incomplete. They were hoping to ignite a civil war and  it is not happening.  It's their last big gasp.

618680[/snapback]

I've been hearing that the resistance has been from a bunch of dead enders in their final throes for a couple of years now. If this was their last big gasp, as you claim, can we bring our troops home now?

No, there could be a civil war, but it would take a lot more than what is happpening. MOST of the country is peaceful.  Notice how the reports are always from the same areas.  The mosque blast was the Hail Mary for the terrorists and it fell incomplete. They were hoping to ignite a civil war and  it is not happening.  It's their last big gasp.

The guy I linked to was there. Have these "experts" you mentioned been there?

I read an interesting fact today. In all the wars we have been in, about 1 million Americans have died. Since the invention of the car (late 1890s), about 2.5 million Americans have been killed in auto accidents

618680[/snapback]

Last gasp? (Is that you Mr. Cheny? :huh: ) So, why don't we send the troops home and stop spending tens of millions a year on a relatively peaceful country? Isn't it because Iraq is a complete mess held together with bubble gum and band aids?

The article is bogus (or at least refutable) since not every part of Iraq is under siege. Just because bombs don't go off every week doesn't mean that the "unseen" political dynamics are about to explode. The country is politically unstable and that is why we haven't left and will not leave anytime soon.

The question isn't who is thinking there is a serious chance of civil war (including Dems, Reps, foriegn policy experts, the US military and the current Iraqi gov't) but who doesn't?

BTW, I had to laugh in disgust at FoxNews for its campaign to suggest that the media is making up the idea that Civil War is a possibility while at the same time posing the question of whether civil war may be a "good thing." No shame.

Really?  Got any proof that I have said this before?  Or are you going to whine in a post in another forum on a thread regarding someone elses daughter that I am stalking you?

618692[/snapback]

By saying broken record, I meant you are spouting the liberal line.

Nice try though. Ever hear of something called "critical thinking"?

By saying broken record, I meant you are spouting the liberal line.

Nice try though. Ever hear of something called "critical thinking"?

618775[/snapback]

My thinking is hardly "liberal". It is more closely aligned with Brent Scowcrofts and General Anthony Zinni's thinking.

As for thinking critically, you might want to try it some time.

My thinking is hardly "liberal".  It is more closely aligned with Brent Scowcrofts and General Anthony Zinni's thinking.

As for thinking critically, you might want to try it some time.

618778[/snapback]

With the exception of blz, you are the most liberal poster here.

You got me though... ;):huh:

With the exception of blz, you are the most liberal poster here.

You got me though... ;)  :huh:

618788[/snapback]

Really? I'm liberal? Can you tell me what my thoughts are on Supreme Court Nominations? States Rights issues? Entitlement programs?

What is "liberal" about skepticism over intrusive foreign policy and nation building exercises? Can't a conservative be skeptical over the return on investment in both blood and treasure in Iraq?

Congratulations though, you got to use your precious rolleyes emiticon.

Really?  I'm liberal?  Can you tell me what my thoughts are on Supreme Court Nominations?  States Rights issues?  Entitlement programs?

What is "liberal" about skepticism over intrusive foreign policy and nation building exercises?  Can't a conservative be skeptical over the return on investment in both blood and treasure in Iraq?

Congratulations though, you got to use your precious rolleyes emiticon.

618797[/snapback]

:huh:

I haven't been called a Dolphins fan yet.

618857[/snapback]

That's about the lowest one can be. People should be banned for personal attacks for calling someone that :doh: