Bills could be suitor to Jon Runyan

ACor58

Take it for what it is worth, since they refer to Fat Mike as Pat Williams, but:

"All things being equal, sure I'd like to stay with the Eagles," Runyan said, and quickly added that he has not heard from the Eagles about a contract. "I like it here. But we just have to see how it goes.

"Last time, I was a little anxious; I wanted to get that financial security. This time I can pick and choose."

When the market opens Monday, delayed three days as the NFL hopes for a new CBA, Runyan and New Orleans center LeCharles Bentley are the most attractive unrestricted offensive linemen.

Buffalo, which released its starting right tackle, former No. 1 pick Pat Williams last week, could be Runyan's most ardent suitor.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/times/index.ssf?/...2230.xml&coll=5

:)

Typical nj.com....but if Runyan can be signed to a decent deal, I wouldnt mind seeing it happen.

I guess the presence of TV (if he stays with the Bills) can only help

617492[/snapback]

Runyan is like Rodney Harrison, one of those guys that you hate if he is on the other team but great to have on your side. .

He would bring the nastiness that this O-Line is missing.

Runyan still has some gas in the tank...hell, I cant remember a season where he didnt start every game.

I'd love to see Runyan or Kevin Shaffer brought in...I'm still not too crazy about Jason Peters being on our O-Line though.

Edit: According to NFL.com, Runyan has started every single game for the last 9 years.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4195

Malta,

I am not knocking you....but I am wondering why you wouldn't want Jason Peters on our line.....

The was our BEST linemen a lot of the games last year.....

617539[/snapback]

Isn't there a commandment that states...."ye shalt not bust on ones milestone post"...? :):doh:

Runyan still has some gas in the tank...hell, I cant remember a season where he didnt start every game.

I'd love to see Runyan or Kevin Shaffer brought in...I'm still not too crazy about Jason Peters being on our O-Line though.

Edit:  According to NFL.com, Runyan has started every single game for the last 9 years.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4195

617510[/snapback]

Let's address this here rather than a new thread. But the typical deal for a Free Agent involves a signing bonus plus a multiyr deal to spread that over. Of course. Problem is if you pick up an FA that can help you 1 year and then croaks in yr 2. You are left eating cap money at the end. So old players, Ruyan and Washington are just begging you to eat cap. Now nice young lads like TKO are what the program is all about.

My personal fave has always been very young FA's. But that takes football skills to pick out. I figure that the TWash's and etc are folks I already know about and so does every other GM. So we aren't going to get anywhere picking those guys up. We need to find the hidden gems in NFL Europe, and among the very yound FA/s.

Runyan is like Rodney Harrison, one of those guys that you hate if he is on the other team but great to have on your side. .

He would bring the nastiness that this O-Line is missing.

617508[/snapback]

We could use some nastiness! We haven't had any in a long time!

Malta,

I am not knocking you....but I am wondering why you wouldn't want Jason Peters on our line.....

The was our BEST linemen a lot of the games last year.....

617539[/snapback]

He was decent last year, but I'm just terrified of putting him over at LT like some people are suggesting (and will probably happen if Runyan comes on board.) In much the same way I'm not hating on Losman until I see him with more than a year starting under his belt, I'm not creaming over Peters until I see the same from him.

And damn, 8000 posts? Time flies when you're rambling incoherently.

He was decent last year, but I'm just terrified of putting him over at LT like some people are suggesting (and will probably happen if Runyan comes on board.)  In much the same way I'm not hating on Losman until I see him with more than a year starting under his belt, I'm not creaming over Peters until I see the same from him.

And damn, 8000 posts?  Time flies when you're rambling incoherently.

617558[/snapback]

congrats on the milestone. But yeah, i would be a little uneasy about Peters if he is moved over to the LT spot, since this would be his 3rd position in 3 years. The transition can't be too easy on the guy either.

And please in the next 8000 posts keep the word "creaming" in the Off the Wall forum about the BOTD's instead here about a 340 pound man. :)

And please in the next 8000 posts keep the word "creaming" in the Off the Wall forum about the BOTD's instead here about a 340 pound man. :)

617607[/snapback]

Speaking of which... now that JSP has been released, who's going to pick up the ball he's been dropping for the last few weeks?

He was decent last year, but I'm just terrified of putting him over at LT like some people are suggesting (and will probably happen if Runyan comes on board.)  In much the same way I'm not hating on Losman until I see him with more than a year starting under his belt, I'm not creaming over Peters until I see the same from him.

And damn, 8000 posts?  Time flies when you're rambling incoherently.

617558[/snapback]

Runyan is a RT. Move him to LT? Come on. Marv didn't get a 6 on his wonderlic!

Runyan is the Anti-Fat Mike.  Can't drag the guy off the field and he'll play through injury.  Fat Mike would sit in the hot tub for 2 months with a paper cut.

618003[/snapback]

Esoecially if the hot tub was next to the buffet.