Super Draft

If I understand things correctly over 1/2 of the teams in the league are substantially over the cap and will have to purge players to get under. Those teams, according to Rick Speilman on the NFL Network, will not be signing ANYONE in FA.

There are about a half dozen teams that are in the high teens to the upper 20's under the cap - they will be major players.

Would it be crazy for the Bills to due a lot of pruning of their own - Moulds, TKO (who knows how he'll come back from the Achilles injury), Vincent, Reed, etc. - to free up big $ for FA.

Then, when the FA bells rings, they do absolutely nothing - at least initially? The idea is to let the half dozen teams bid themselves out on the Shawn Alexanders and Drew Brees' of the world while the Bills play a waiting game.

If it is true that over 200 players - many of them still in their prime - are cut, that should leave the Bills cherry picking at a bumper crop of guys that will be forced to sign for far less than market average. If they don't sign, they'll sit, simple as that.

It seems to me that the stars have aligned for a once in a lifetime opportunity for an NFL team to cash in and overall much of their roster. Why not trade aging vets for guys entering their peak years and save money in the process?

Tell me what the hole in my logic is, if indeed there is one.

The idea has merit, but NO WAY am I in favor of cutting Takeo loose, injury or not. He's one hell of a special talent and if anyone can come back bigger, faster, and stronger than before it's him. That aside... unlike most in his profession he really has shown loyalty toward us the fans and the city of Buffalo. He came from the Bengals right to a team that's gone 20-28... and during that time the Bengals actually turned it around. He's had every right to be bitter and disappointed that in the prime of his career he's toiling away on another losing team, but he hasn't. He genuinely seems as thrilled today to be a Bill as the day he signed. No way do we cut this guy loose... he's just a rare player that really lifts his whole team when he's out there.

First, Reed is already a FA. (Or will be, whenever the FA deadline actually hits.)

I doubt Marv and company are planning anything quite as drastic as what you suggested -- for one, cutting TKO would most likely cause a full-scale fan riot. But the way I see it, the moves they've made so far do seem to suggest a serious foray into the free-agent market.

Just my opinion...

In the words of the great Jan Brady, "Have I no voice? Am I invisible?"  ;)

616806[/snapback]

It's dinner hour. If you want massive response, you have to post during the day when everyone is gooding off at work. Their personal time is much more valuable.

Spikes cut?!?!? Sure, why not.

I'll be very surprised if he comes back this year at anywhere near 100%.

I think he'll follow in the footsteps of Jerry Butler, Jeff Nixon, Robert James, Bryce Paup, Chris Spielman and other great Bills who never were able to come back from injury.

I'd love to be wrong on this one.

It's dinner hour. If you want massive response, you have to post during the day when everyone is gooding off at work. Their personal time is much more valuable.

616829[/snapback]

If you criticize Johnny Punchclock again, I'm afraid we will have to ask you to leave. ;)