Texans don't want John Abraham

scribo

FWIW...Per KFFL...

Mark Cannizzaro, of the New York Post, reports someone close to Houston Texans general manager Charlie Casserly said the Texans have "no interest" in trading for New York Jets franchised DE John Abraham. "In fact, I spoke to a lot of people in Indianapolis (at the NFL Combine) who said they won't go near Abraham," the person said.

This is funny stuff. The Jests might not be able to afford to keep JA. Anyone think they may cut him? Oh, the Post also reported that the Jests are going to try hard to land free angent OT Kevin Shaffer. This seems to mean they are now looking to draft a QB first and not D'Brick.

FWIW...Per KFFL...

Mark Cannizzaro, of the New York Post, reports someone close to Houston Texans general manager Charlie Casserly said the Texans have "no interest" in trading for New York Jets franchised DE John Abraham. "In fact, I spoke to a lot of people in Indianapolis (at the NFL Combine) who said they won't go near Abraham," the person said.

This is funny stuff. The Jests might not be able to afford to keep JA. Anyone think they may cut him? Oh, the Post also reported that the Jests are going to try hard to land free angent OT Kevin Shaffer. This seems to mean they are now looking to draft a QB first and not D'Brick.

616081[/snapback]

I do - but I was wrong when I predicted the Jets wouldn't even franchise him

I just can't see how the jets - still about $12-$13 mil over the cap, can afford to keep Abraham. Knowing this, plus the fact that he's been something less than a team player in his career - why trade for him when he'll probably be released?

FWIW...Per KFFL...

616081[/snapback]

Or maybe Mario will be the first pick and Reggie Bush will drop to the Jets.

FWIW...Per KFFL...

616081[/snapback]

hardly surprising -- who wants a guy who won't even dress for a playoff game after being cleared by doctors?

Broncos likely to trade for Abraham for  a 1st rounder. See my thread.

616680[/snapback]

Broncos are stupid then, especially since both teams are super tight with the cap, as in they are both over the cap as of this morning, according to ESPN.