Man, waiting in line to get my beef burrito

when i dawns on me, Ash Wednesday, so on to the cheeze pizza line, now I gotta find an ash service, and in richmond that is not easy

614928[/snapback]

FWIW, Ash Wednesday, isn't a holy day. Don't sweat it.

Why exactly is that? Will God smite anyone who eats meat at this time?

614954[/snapback]

It is more or less a period of repentance, abstaining, and atonement, with a view towards reflection upon the teachings of Jesus. Sort of like Judeaism's Yom Kippur.

One would have to be very high up on God's list for Him to single you out and flatten you for having a double cheeseburger. :D

when i dawns on me, Ash Wednesday, so on to the cheeze pizza line, now I gotta find an ash service, and in richmond that is not easy

614928[/snapback]

Pooj...Us Catholics are a growing group down here in Richmond. When you leave your cozy office in Innsbrook head on down Nuckols Rd. to Springfield Rd., Saint Michael's will be on the left hand side of the road. I'll be the guy with ashes on head. :D

It is more or less a period of repentance, abstaining, and atonement, with a view towards reflection upon the teachings of Jesus. Sort of like Judeaism's Yom Kippur.

One would have to be very high up on God's list for Him to single you out and flatten you for having a double cheeseburger. :D

615022[/snapback]

So basically I can be as bad a person as I want to be as long as I spend a week avoiding meat? Man, that Catholism stuff is pretty cool.

So basically I can be as bad a person as I want to be as long as I spend a week avoiding meat? Man, that Catholism stuff is pretty cool.

615133[/snapback]

It doesn't work unless you keep putting cabbge in the collection basket.

615133[/snapback]

No, you will busy avoiding meat in Earth prisons if you choose to be as bad as you want.

Anything residual after that is above my grade... :D

No, you will busy avoiding meat in Earth prisons if you choose to be as bad as you want.

Anything residual after that is above my grade... :D

615196[/snapback]

Actually the priests put that thing about not eating meat into the liturgy so that the poor altar boys could have a month's respite.