TOTALLY off topic...need parent advice..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well..here is what happened yesterday....

Because my daughter spoke up another girl came forward who was having the exact same problem (the girl is also black...not that it makes any difference to me it just kind of puts the race issue to rest as these girls are not just looking at as a requirement for bullying)

Anyways...I guess my daugher and this other girl gave their stories....and all the girls of this "gang" got a referral.

Will see how this plays out now.

Well..here is what happened yesterday....

Because my daughter spoke up another girl came forward who was having the exact same problem (the girl is also black...not that it makes any difference to me it just kind of puts the race issue to rest as these girls are not just looking at as a requirement for bullying)

Anyways...I guess my daugher and this other girl gave their stories....and all the girls of this "gang" got a referral.

Will see how this plays out now.

616549[/snapback]

What is a referral? A referral out of the school?

So a day passes and this group of kids come up to my daugher and ask "if she wants to be in their band"

:blink:

My daughter is an accomplished singer (but I dont think in the music they like to listen to) and so she probably thought nothing of this.....I think it was nothing more then an opportunity to get her alone and lay real thumping on her for getting them in trouble.....her Karate instructor told her the same thing.

What do you think?

So a day passes and this group of kids come up to my daugher and ask "if she wants to be in their band"

:blink:

My daughter is an accomplished singer (but I dont think in the music they like to listen to) and so she probably thought nothing of this.....I think it was nothing more then an opportunity to get her alone and lay real thumping on her for getting them in trouble.....her Karate instructor told her the same thing.

What do you think?

619554[/snapback]

I agree with you and the karate instructor. They are looking for payback.

Or it may be that a few of the other parents sat down with their kids and told them to extend the hand of friendship. Not all parents are total losers

We're supposed to learn trust (with caution), so perhaps she could check out the "band invitation" but you or Mom or another family member accompanies her to the first couple of sessions and meets the parents.

I agree with aussiew. Trust but verify. Make sure you are there to meet with the kids and the parents. It would be terrific if this could result in a happy ending, but I'm an old cynic. Daughters are too precious to take chances with so be sure to monitor the situation.